PVP arcane or Light

Options
Moolah - Sanctuary
Moolah - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Cleric
^^ for those who pk alot (opinions of experienced lvl 60+ clerics preferred)

1.)Which build are you as in light or arcane
2.)Which one do you like the most in PVP light or arcane build (if u have tried both)

* im arcane atm but.. idk if i should pick more defense or higher mag attack*

plz tell me about ur experience, advise and opinions thank you b:cute b:thanks

oh and i was checking out a heavy cleric from one of the forums XD.. what are u opinions? b:shocked

whoops... i meant to say PK not pvp.... >.<
Post edited by Moolah - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Hmm let me see, i am hybrid arcane build....PvPed allot until all i could find are lv30 or lv90 peeps. Ofc no fun in both so went to care bare mode.

But what i can tell you, BM's arnt that hard to kill.
    Barbs, you must be jking, their HP + HP charm, unless you land a very lucky crit Tempest you are dead.
    Archers, well if you get close and get the first shot, you should be able to take them down.
    Wizards....well just plume shot them to death.
    Venos....well depends on the build, and what pet it has and how lucky you feel vs a nix.

*lolz late, hope any of this made sense*
    b:dirty
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    arcane all the way lol
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Moolah - Sanctuary
    Moolah - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    lol XD b:chuckle that would be fun temptest+crit the barb :o
    but... i dont think in pk mode.. not really enough time to even cast temptest unless its a sneak attack lol b:laughb:shocked
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    lol XD b:chuckle that would be fun temptest+crit the barb :o
    but... i dont think in pk mode.. not really enough time to even cast temptest unless its a sneak attack lol b:laughb:shocked

You can sleep them first.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Dianocus - Sanctuary
    Dianocus - Sanctuary Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Well specifically for PVP you should go robe. Higher damage equals faster kills. LA is more PVE based which is what I rolled.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    This being for pvp server I would go LA for PvE either LA or Arcane with shards in HPs.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Xkairi - Lost City
    Xkairi - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    LA = pve build?

LA is pdef and crit.
    I would think arcane is best for pve but regardless..

I am a LA since level 1. I pk with an arcane cleric a lot and neither of us seem to struggle more than the other. With my gear i have only 500 less hp than him, if that. My pdef is much higher, and our damage range isnt too different. We both use the 99Gold weapon.

I think the biggest thing about LA is the need for good gear, to really see the build does not suck. I use hp rings with added mattk, whereas arcane clerics seem to use crit to get a few % which still makes their crit lower than mine b:pleased

With the difference of high vs low dmg scale I do slightly lower dmg.. maybe 150-200 less a hit? but with testing this, I have also hit harder than him plenty of times.

I think it is really based on preference but both builds can be played just as good.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Im full mag and LA is starting to become tempting in pdef. But what brings me back is that no shards or refining add me extra +MAG that i get from my arcane. =( if you got the money, HP and pdef can always be tweaked on armour.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I Duel often (90% of them are wins) and I have PKed too without dying a single time... I'm LA.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I Duel often (90% of them are wins) and I have PKed too without dying a single time... I'm LA.
    Id stand up and give you a round of applause... if you where saying this on a PvP server >.> cmon DT
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Id stand up and give you a round of applause... if you where saying this on a PvP server >.> cmon DT

I never said otherwise but still I've done enough to be in a position to say that LA is quite viable PvP build.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Magiere - Dreamweaver
    Magiere - Dreamweaver Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Arcane with pdef shards + refine. b:victory
    Originally written by Satchiko to me regarding old spice commercial :
    Hello Perfect World. Look at your cleric, now back to me, now back to your cleric, now back to me. Sadly it isn't me. But if you stopped being a noob and started wearing sunglasses you could act like you're me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on Dreamweaver with the cleric your cleric could be like. What's in your hand, back at me. It's an inventory filled with the gear you want. Look again, the gear is now diamonds. Anything is possible with sunglasses. I'm flying on starter wings.