HP Charms & PvP

MntMan - Lost City
MntMan - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Cleric
Well as a level 71 cleric now on a PvP server I finally feel like I can do something with regard to PKing. Prior to this point I easily got my **** handed to me, but with some good armor pick ups and sharding I've had some ok success. Lesson learned = Plume Shell is a clerics best friend. In any event I had a couple questions.

1) As the title suggests, how many use HP charms as well as mp? I'm sure the serious PvPers do and I thought it too costly in having to carry 2 charms (mp and hp) but now am starting to think there is value in it. The HP charm could take away the initial sting of someone trying to ninja you and also gives you some enhanced hp recharging in between heals and attacks. I was PvPing a level 90 archer and I stood my ground for a little bit and made his charm tick a bit before it was too much for me to heal and attack. I thought if only I also had an hp charm I'd have a chance.

2) Which sleep do you use? We have 2. One is chromatic and the other is dimension seal (I think that's the name). Which do you use and when? Which is more important to level or are both equally important? It seems to me having two sleep spells could come in handy, but in PvP I've never really been able to implement them both in a fight. Just too much going on. Any comments on this.

For the record both questions are in reference to PvP, not duals. I have no care about duals (also as #1 would be non-applicable).

Thank you
Post edited by MntMan - Lost City on

Comments

• Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    1. I use hp charms, they saved my **** countless times.

2. I use chromatic seal that *Sleeps* The Silent Seal doesnt last long enough for it to be effective for me. Chromatic stops your opponent from attacking, silent seal just makes it so they cant move. So its kinda useless for everyone besides Bms and Barbs which are melee.
  • Xkairi - Lost City
    Xkairi - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    mm well yes plume shell is definitely a cleric's best friend. Always have that on if melee are around, of course. But also heal. with this "buff filter" thing you can easily attack someone while healing yourself, so you shouldn't be getting your "**** handed to you". But as you said you have the gear to have some fun now.

to answer the 2 questions.

1. i NEVER pk seriously without an HP charm, even if i put on a silver, the charm will save your life. I sometimes leave mp off (bad i know) but i can pot, (especially since i stocked up on event pots). HP is priority. The charm can also give you a chance to sleep your target before they kill you, give you a moment to open plume shell, or heal yourself.

2. Clerics have one sleep, and one paralyze. The sleep is most useful..use it when you first see an enemy give you time to debuff, spark, or heal yourself, especially at max level gives you plenty of time. use it if an enemy is running away.

"silent seal just makes it so they cant move. So its kinda useless for everyone besides Bms and Barbs which are melee."

useless??
    hardly. its not used just to prevent someone from coming to melee you, it is also very useful to use if an enemy tries to drop down, or to stop them from running away as you or your party attacks them. Sleep does last longer, but sleep has its cool down, you wont be able to always sleep, so paralyze next best. Yes, there's dmg reduction.. but what if you have someone with you? paralyze them, and both hit the **** out of them..

its really all about what you plan to do or who you are with.. or what is on cool down. Both are useful and last a decent time if leveled high.