Sage Archer Rock! Archers Need To Crit More! Miss Less!

MrConce - Harshlands
MrConce - Harshlands Posts: 248 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Archer
Lol. Title says it all. /Discuss on both plox. No flame intended. b:pleased
"Always Outnumbered,Never Outgunned." + "For You My Lover,Pa Que Te Enamores" ~ Co7Vc3 ♥ El Romance Letal ♥ ~ Director of CareBears ~ Harshlands. Guess who's back? Bought a sexy **** powerful gaming laptop. Ready to be exploited. On my way to tech school/dorm. Be back soon. =)
Post edited by MrConce - Harshlands on

Comments

• Archers_Soul - Lost City
    Archers_Soul - Lost City Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    i thought demon archer crit more than sage?
    I don't care how old or young you are, how small your **** is, how much of a nerd irl you are or how depressed you are that you never will get laid. There is no reason to act like an A-hole to everyone on an mmorpg. Its a shame that I have to take time out of my day to tell people "stop being an A-hole". So I end with this, if your acting like an A-hole, and some one tells you your being an A-hole chances are your being an A-hole.
  • HeavenzSky - Harshlands
    HeavenzSky - Harshlands Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    i think sage would be better
  • Absoluth - Heavens Tear
    Absoluth - Heavens Tear Posts: 764 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    For this to become a discussion you need to mention which skills favor your choice over the opposite option. So...please elaborate.
    PWI:
    "Free to play. Pay to win"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MrConce - Harshlands
    edited July 2009
    For this to become a discussion you need to mention which skills favor your choice over the opposite option. So...please elaborate.

I figured people would start elaborating themselves. I personally dont see how the crit makes demon entirely better. Is nice, but u cant get most of those skills till 99 (Stun u can get at 92 and it ups crit), but u got to admit sage spark is nicer and i rather have more constant higher damage and damage reduction/chi building for more sparks and defenses rather than 10% more crit at a time and sum more accuracy and evasion.
    "Always Outnumbered,Never Outgunned." + "For You My Lover,Pa Que Te Enamores" ~ Co7Vc3 ♥ El Romance Letal ♥ ~ Director of CareBears ~ Harshlands. Guess who's back? Bought a sexy **** powerful gaming laptop. Ready to be exploited. On my way to tech school/dorm. Be back soon. =)
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    sage spark is arguably not better? the chi buildup is nice for more sparks, but sage spark doesn't do more damage
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    but u got to admit sage spark is nicer
    demon spark is better. it has the 25% attack speed boost, sage does not. demon is better hands down.
  • MrConce - Harshlands
    edited July 2009
    demon spark is better. it has the 25% attack speed boost, sage does not. demon is better hands down.

If im gonna be fighting, chances are im going to need the edge in every possible way. This means, If I have to triple spark, it cause I need it to take down a barb or a bm or sum hard hitting class. If im going to take down a barb or a bm, I want damage and damage reduction for defenses. Obviously as you are pking a barb or bm, ur not gonna let ur bow roll, making the 25% attack speed useless unless channeling is also involved.
  • MrConce - Harshlands
    edited July 2009
    sage spark is arguably not better? the chi buildup is nice for more sparks, but sage spark doesn't do more damage

I thought both sparks did the same amount of damage increase, correct me if Im wrong, i could be. Not really a site out there that tells u stuff and its entirely correct. I ussualy get stuff frm ecatomb,but im sure that the spark descriptions are wrong and sum other effects for skills. Does anyone know a site where i can actually find correct information for these?
  • Uiztrollin - Harshlands
    Uiztrollin - Harshlands Posts: 358 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    inb4 Devoted
  • MrConce - Harshlands
    edited July 2009
    From where I stand right now, I know that both sparks give out 500% attack power, and that the only difference between the 2 is the fact that one (demon) gives 25% attack speed (Not channeling) and the other (Sage) gives 25% reduced damage. This is where i came to conclusion sage spark is better (Demon is sexier) due to the fact that if i wanted to kill a robe, i would jsut use deadly shot or sage take aim and solve the problem about the attack speed from the demon spark.
  • Waterboy - Lost City
    Waterboy - Lost City Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    ur title is so wrong, demon archers miss less/and crit more

yet u wanna go sage lol
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Really if you are sage and want attack speed use relentless courage with your spark.

If you are demon and want damage reduction use wind shield with your spark.

The chi skills have genie counter parts too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Caledfwlch - Harshlands
    Caledfwlch - Harshlands Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    lol. Title Says It All. /discuss On Both Plox. No Flame Intended. B:pleased

Mrconce Is My Hero
  • MrConce - Harshlands
    edited July 2009
    ur title is so wrong, demon archers miss less/and crit more

yet u wanna go sage lol

lol that has nothing to do with what I want to become. Im jsut saying in general, archer need to crit more and miss less. ;)
  • MrConce - Harshlands
    edited July 2009
    Really if you are sage and want attack speed use relentless courage with your spark.

If you are demon and want damage reduction use wind shield with your spark.

The chi skills have genie counter parts too.

I have 5 genie slots and they are all well taken for what they are meant for. I mainly want to become sage because the skills appeal more to me then demon + the spark sounds a lot better to me. Is all up to preference really. Also, by ur comment ur implying i just want the demon/sage just for skills. I want sage because of the whole package. =]
  • MrConce - Harshlands
    edited July 2009
    Mrconce Is My Hero

lol Love you too.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    inb4 Devoted

/facepalm.

btw 1 shot, if you think damage reduction > attack speed in general, you fail.

against robes and light, normal attacks with hell spark is better than damage reduction.

as for killing a 9x barb or bm (who doesn't blow) have fun. unless you have a highly refined weapon you won't easily be able to kill a barb or bm who knows what they are doing. my gear isn't anything special so i rely on triple spark to kill high hp melee's. obviously you wouldn't want that fury wasted when a bm just goes and stunlocks you or a barb uses his stun because then you are sol with 1 spark left and an overpowered class on your ****. so what i usually do is anti stun skill>stun>triple spark. all the bm can do is use smack (if they have it, lasts 2 seconds) or run and the barb can turtle or run. if you use this combo with heaven fury the 30% dmg reduc from wings of grace gets knocked down to 25% with heaven fury. another option would be to use paralyze and triple spark, again if the melee is paralyzed he can't hit you and heaven spark dmg reduc is useless again.

overall hell spark is much better. as for the 50 chi, i've said it before plenty of times. the bonuses from hell outweigh 50 chi a minute for an archer.

there is nothing easier to argue than heaven vs hell for an archer.
  • Waterboy - Lost City
    Waterboy - Lost City Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    lol that has nothing to do with what I want to become. Im jsut saying in general, archer need to crit more and miss less. ;)

then just go demonb:infuriated
  • Devoted - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Demon version increases accuracy by 10% on ranged targets.
    Demon version increases critical hit rate by 1% on ranged targets.

Demon version increases critical hit rate by 1% on ranged targets.

Demon version increases critical hit rate by 10% for 10 seconds.

Demon version grants a 10% increase to critical hit for 15 seconds.

u sure u haven't mixed heaven and hell? lmao.
    edited July 2009
    note also, stunning arrow + demon take aim **** LA magic users too.
    and if youre not sharpen toothing barbs, and using wings of grace you need to be hit :|. spark + metal moves are lovely on HA people too.

demon > sage
  • MrConce - Harshlands
    edited July 2009
    /facepalm.

btw 1 shot, if you think damage reduction > attack speed in general, you fail.

against robes and light, normal attacks with hell spark is better than damage reduction.

as for killing a 9x barb or bm (who doesn't blow) have fun. unless you have a highly refined weapon you won't easily be able to kill a barb or bm who knows what they are doing. my gear isn't anything special so i rely on triple spark to kill high hp melee's. obviously you wouldn't want that fury wasted when a bm just goes and stunlocks you or a barb uses his stun because then you are sol with 1 spark left and an overpowered class on your ****. so what i usually do is anti stun skill>stun>triple spark. all the bm can do is use smack (if they have it, lasts 2 seconds) or run and the barb can turtle or run. if you use this combo with heaven fury the 30% dmg reduc from wings of grace gets knocked down to 25% with heaven fury. another option would be to use paralyze and triple spark, again if the melee is paralyzed he can't hit you and heaven spark dmg reduc is useless again.

overall hell spark is much better. as for the 50 chi, i've said it before plenty of times. the bonuses from hell outweigh 50 chi a minute for an archer.

there is nothing easier to argue than heaven vs hell for an archer.

lol. Hopefully your not calling "me" a one shot. I got 4k+ hp at 81 ;) Full dex. Wether robes or not, triple spark will grant amazing amounts of damage, so u should be able to stun that robe and **** with the next attack no matter wut. As i said, I think demon is useless. Most people jsut want it for its look and i dont blame em. Against a melee class is obvious which spark is better, sage hands down combined with antistun pot makes u invincible to them. I love the ability of sage skills to be able to gather chi for more sparks so that my defensive skills become more available. My stun for sage will become longer, and yes im aware for demon u get that 10% crit extra, but u know what, 40% crit + or not, if ur not critting enough with 30%, ur not gonna be critting any more with 40+ more. Take stuns and other skills for example. Barb stun u start with 25% chance to stun and as u level it, its unnoticeable till u actully get it to level 8+ where is 44% or more. U will only do a few hits on a barb and im hoping that if u are good or decntly smart, ull know at 90+ the only way to beat em is by triple sparking and as said before, any triple spark will pretty much knock anyone out unless ur that fail. As for the paralize on the bm or barb, is not long enough for u to be able to do anything. MOst u can do is paralize for 8 seconds and debuff dd and hope u get the kill before they get to you. Once they get to you what u doing then if u havent killed them? Run. Also bms have genies as well and barbs. and fights now have to be adjusted accordingly. Ranged stuns and other defensive skills the genies have and i really dont see where demon spark will help instead of sage.
  • MrConce - Harshlands
    edited July 2009
    note also, stunning arrow + demon take aim **** LA magic users too.
    and if youre not sharpen toothing barbs, and using wings of grace you need to be hit :|. spark + metal moves are lovely on HA people too.

demon > sage

First, take aim is better in sage. Otherwise if ur demon u should still be using deadly shot. Stunning arrow gives u more crit, but i covered this on other post. I do use sharpen arrow. always. it follows the stun before i start sparking and dding. Wings of grace, i am a ****, i dont use it. But thats about to change as im seeing the important to it. I am thinking though of wasting my money (yes i know is useless and its a waste of money, but trust me, is better and worth it if u really think about it) on the 79 skill which is like wings of grace except is instant. much better than having that casting time. And i already spark and do metal, is just i barely crit, and yes if i was to go demon id crit more, but atm i only have 21% crit. by 90 i at least expect 30% crit. Hoping by then critting will occur more often.
    edited July 2009
    First, take aim is better in sage. Otherwise if ur demon u should still be using deadly shot. Stunning arrow gives u more crit, but i covered this on other post.
    no. its a far better technique. stun lasts for 3s, charge take aim = 2.5s, dead. it has nothing to do with the power of take aim or the stun, its about the speed you can get it off.
    was to go demon id crit more, but atm i only have 21% crit. by 90 i at least expect 30% crit. Hoping by then critting will occur more often.
    theres not really a huge diff, frequent poster 'Asterelle -Sanctuary' only has 28%. the difference is that attack speed buff.
    i am a ****
    that buff **** with 3x spark, on mobs and TW. you dont need sage sparks DR, if you can kill before it gets to you/wings of grace has 30% DR too. so why not get the attack buff.

bows are .67 attacks per second right? so wouldnt...
    .67 + (spark 0.1675) + (TT90 glove .10) + (rank IV armor .10) + (lol+8crimsonhorn +.05) = (1.0875 which im sure would be rounded to 1.09) which is still pretty darn painful

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=263481&highlight=archers+terrible read and learn, all the reasons why demon is better
  • nelanther
    nelanther Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    cant you release take aim whenever you want? you dont have to wait the full 3 seconds right? So Sage take aim does 500% dmg and demon does 400%. What if you released your shot at 2.5 seconds with sage? what percent damage is it? If it is 5/6 of the power that is 417%, greater than demon.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    bows are .67 attacks per second right? so wouldnt...
    .67 + (spark 0.1675) + (TT90 glove .10) + (rank IV armor .10) + (lol+8crimsonhorn +.05) = (1.0875 which im sure would be rounded to 1.09) which is still pretty darn painful

rank is .05 and thats you cant add attack speed and -attack interval like that
    edited July 2009
    rank is .05 and thats you cant add attack speed and -attack interval like that
    then do the math for me, i dont like numbers :[
  • Devoted - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    lol. Hopefully your not calling "me" a one shot. I got 4k+ hp at 81 ;) Full dex.

yes, that would be a one shot.
    Wether robes or not, triple spark will grant amazing amounts of damage, so u should be able to stun that robe and **** with the next attack no matter wut.

wait till robes have more pdef than you.
    Against a melee class is obvious which spark is better, sage hands down combined with antistun pot makes u invincible to them. I love the ability of sage skills to be able to gather chi for more sparks so that my defensive skills become more available.
    you have a skill that does that for you. also you won't be caught with pharm on cd.
    My stun for sage will become longer, and yes im aware for demon u get that 10% crit extra, but u know what, 40% crit + or not, if ur not critting enough with 30%, ur not gonna be critting any more with 40+ more.
    i actually facepalmed in real life. unless all forms of math courses i've taken are wrong 40% is a higher chance to crit than 30%.
    ull know at 90+ the only way to beat em is by triple sparking and as said before, any triple spark will pretty much knock anyone out unless ur that fail. As for the paralize on the bm or barb, is not long enough for u to be able to do anything. MOst u can do is paralize for 8 seconds and debuff dd and hope u get the kill before they get to you. Once they get to you what u doing then if u havent killed them? Run. Also bms have genies as well and barbs. and fights now have to be adjusted accordingly. Ranged stuns and other defensive skills the genies have and i really dont see where demon spark will help instead of sage.

spark lasts for 12 seconds. paralyze is 8. your spark usually will be up before the melee gets to you. not to mention the fact GOOD melee's would run if you triple sparked + antistun because they know you are ****ed cause you used a pharm and 3 fury. gg you. once you get 9x and realize how archer's have the worst defenses in the game you will love hell spark because most people run and kite the triple spark so you need to deal as much damage as possible fast. even robes (especially mages) are hard as **** to kill. they deal 2k per skill and you deal very little when they have 10k pdef and 11k mdef. check the gear of any good archer. they stack -atk interval (cv bow, 99 wrists + another 99 la piece + both heavy 99 ammy's) the only thing that keeps archers in contention at 90+ is attack speed coupled with high crits. but you are level 81 and won't even get a glimpse of endgame with **** stealing any pwi player that's worthwhile.

your bs theorycrafting vs my experience as an archer. you must know more.
    edited July 2009
    my archer is level 27 and im pro!
  • OOSNOWFOXOo - Sanctuary
    OOSNOWFOXOo - Sanctuary Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    What do you own more robes than you will after 9x? Because they start to upgrade their gear.
    Say a non-refined weapon kills a non refined armor set.
    But a +7 weapon would not own a +7 armor set, as refining all armors obviously benefit more...

Archers have the most horrible def, Light Armor is the worst overall def out of the 3 types of armors. Wiz=earth barrier Cleric=Plume Shell BM=Magic and phy marrow Barb=tiger mode... veno=fox form.

Sure we have wing shield and WoG, but WoG takes a spark, and wing shield only last one shot. IF you want to say spark should be used anyways, Venos have Hood and Barb have invoke so...Not to mention cleric have lev 79 skill wing shield.

Hate to bring fake pw/private server into this but however it pretty much shows the endgame for archers. When you are attacking a robe with high end refined gears, there is NO way you can kill with skills, only your regular attack and crit can kill them. If you happen to land less crits the charm will just tick.

SO this brings to uping DPS and Crit rate? And what cult does this?
    DEMON. Quickshot=dps and it is amazing dps Demon Spark=dps
    Masteries=crit Stun arrow=crit ST=crit
    Oh also don't think just because you sage sparked you will kill the robe. Say the robe starts with full health and charm rdy. Each one of your sparked shots will probably do 1/4-1/5 of their total hp against a high refined. The wiz will silence you probably after the charm tick, so this leave 5 seconds to kill them (10-5=5 :)) So can you get 5shots in in 5 seconds? NOT IF YOU ARE SAGE. if you miss one or two shots they dont die(considering crits)...they can use an apo pot to take in 1 or 2 shots and instant hp recover pots. And don't forget event food which recovers 3000 so that takes in 1-2shots too.

So I hope now you understand why demon is the only cult archers should choose.

EDIT: Oh ya forgot to mention this..
    yes im aware for demon u get that 10% crit extra, but u know what, 40% crit + or not, if ur not critting enough with 30%, ur not gonna be critting any more with 40+ more.
    YOU are absolutely right! Congratz to you sir. I totaly agree.
    Because a lev 1 archer crit just as much as a level 50 full dex archer.

*clap clap
    *rofling while clapping.
  • Zelfine - Sanctuary
    Zelfine - Sanctuary Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Oh my this is hilarious.. 30%=40%?
    I'll run back yelling at my 5th grade teacher.
    90+, just like everyone says, the Archer's advantages become less noticeable.
    Archer ≠ Tank
    What the f*ck do you need Damage reduction for when you need to kill someone as fast as you can? i.e. PvP, TW, PvE(<-lolol)
    b:bye PW.
    I'll still troll the forums >:D