NOTICE: Large Patch This Week

Options
12346»

Comments

• darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Please use the manual patch. See my sig for the link.

Thanks!

b:victory
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Lolite - Heavens Tear
    Lolite - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    -a nub jumps in- So hmm... I downloaded the manual patch... What do I do next? b:thanks Firefox saved it under my document...
    Moved to WoW b:bye
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Make sure the game is NOT running. Double click on the file.

How do you usually use a file or program? b:victory
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Lolite - Heavens Tear
    Lolite - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Yay you just shortened my nix saving project bye 5 hours 31min and 4 secs :D -gives you a cookie- b:thanks
    Moved to WoW b:bye
  • DivineSunder - Dreamweaver
    DivineSunder - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Had i known earlier about this patch... im already at 6 hours DL time, almost finished... b:cry Wants to play already... i have to do my crazy stone quest or im gonna miss it b:sad
    Faction: Obedience
    Seek the truth in Blake's Wisdom, Obedience is your Salvation!

Faction: TrueOrder
    Now recruiting Drow Elves (Archers and Clerics Guild only) PM DrowElfQueen if you're interested!!!
  • CamilleB - Harshlands
    CamilleB - Harshlands Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I'm a try this manual patch i started the reg download TWO HOURS ago, it was barely 10% in b:angry! at least the manual patch is at 87%....

OMG tht manual patch worked in seconds....should have done that from the get go!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Most people think just because I stay quiet when they QQ at me, that I am afraid. No. The reason? There is no need to say a word, or be afraid. After all, I killed YOU.
  • masonc4
    masonc4 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! IM SUCH A TARD! D: took me forever to wanna try the manual patch and took 4 minutes to download it XD when it took 5 1/2 hours to get 2/3 of the way done..
    DO THE MANUAL PATCH!!!
  • Miriade - Sanctuary
    Miriade - Sanctuary Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Ok.. now i can't even go in the page to do the manual download... My conection is very good, but even like this, trying to do the manual download, it seems that will take 5 hours.... NO WAY!

Are the PWI server busy? What is going on? Becuase I just made download from a movie in about 10 minutes....

That's soooo weird...
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I was having slow time dl it both using the luancher as well as manually.I got this with the launcher

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/7816/pwidlf.jpg

It stops there and says retry later on I dl it work and loaded on to flash drive.Thank goodness for them.I might of been having isp problems.

I am on dsl as well.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • DeathBladeX - Lost City
    DeathBladeX - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    i dont even know where to download the patch into
    can someone give me their number i can call them???
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Options
    You just download it where ever you put your downloads and then launch it or run it.Don't forget to save it.
    edited July 2009
    Options
    so you dont open it, instead you save it?
    edited July 2009
    Options
    its still slow and keeps doing retry restart download error mesage thingb:angry
    all i wanna do is playb:cry
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    try the manual patch first. We've run some optimization on the patch server so it should be going a bit faster now as well
    edited July 2009
    Options
    look im very new at this is there a video pictures
    how do i run the manual patch?b:cry
  • Miriade - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Well, now the automatic one is faster than the manual one... But still slow. 20% in one hour so far.

You, GM'S, could put in forum splitted files from this patch.... It would be really good.
  • Tdrhi - Dreamweaver
    Tdrhi - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    ok so i cant download the petch on perfect world.com or the one on the game, so what am i supposed to do stop playing, i should be able to play without the patch
  • Tdrhi - Dreamweaver
    Tdrhi - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    b:angryb:angryb:angryb:angryim gonna miss crazy stone from yesterday and i missed rare spawns on my alt and i was getting a mount from friend today, this patch SUX! b
  • Miriade - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Options
    The best solution forever: a friend from guild is sharing the file with me in Skype. Solved!
  • Thughustler - Sanctuary
    Thughustler - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    wow ok its taking me 15 hrs to download this thing this patch better be good
  • hawk
    hawk Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    wow ok its taking me 15 hrs to download this thing wtf pwi? this patch better be good

It's a precursor patch to the big update we'll be getting soon.
  • Nightfaii - Harshlands
    Nightfaii - Harshlands Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    just wondering, will the genie skill "chaotic spirit" be changed so that it can be used in squad? atm, it can only be used against enemies in pk or duel.

If not I'm dropping it, because i thought it could be useful in parties where the cleric needs mp or the tank needs quick hp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Thughustler - Sanctuary
    Thughustler - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    ok so this is the patch for the upcoming patch?
  • Aiyamii - Lost City
    Aiyamii - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    It's not that bad. it barely took 5 minutes to download the direct link provided at the top of the page.

Hope this is all the stuff we need for the new update coming up.
    No Siggie yet! Q.Q
  • Vash - Dreamweaver
    Vash - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Its not that hard people, the direct download link is super fast.
    Vash - The Humanoid Typhoon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Options
    look im very new at this is there a video pictures
    how do i run the manual patch?b:cry

What you need to do since I am an old hat at this is save the manual downloaded patch to some place on your computer eg downloads folder.You then want it in that folder.When you have done this you click on the .exe and it will send all the files to your client updating.The reason you save it is if you got corrupted file of some kind during install unless it was zipped.Then you would have to tell it where to go /c:program/perfect world elements.I think that is the patho or international.

You could also MSN it instead of skype.

It is not that bad probably better than earlier this morning.
  • Unstoppable - Dreamweaver
    Unstoppable - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Question:
    How can I add a picture on Screenshots/ Images Menu?
    It says: "Write your URL".

Sorry, this is the first time I'm posting on this Forum. b:embarrass
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Question:
    How can I add a picture on Screenshots/ Images Menu?
    It says: "Write your URL".

Sorry, this is the first time I'm posting on this Forum. b:embarrass

all u need to do is save it to a photohosting site like photo bucket or imageshack and get the URL from unederneath the picture. or wrap it with [IMG][/img]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Sheets - Sanctuary
    Sheets - Sanctuary Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    How do you usually use a file or program? b:victory

pray hard windows didnt crash because you double clicked the wrong item? o.o

((sorry had to crack least 1 Microsoft joke in this tread))

!~Sheets