More Q's on Equipment

Ruvil - Sanctuary
Ruvil - Sanctuary Posts: 382 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Archer
I've been reading the archer forums (very useful, thanks) and it seems like there are a lot of posts about which equipment to use but none that really match the Q's I have so I'm just going to list them here. b:pleased

1) If you don't have the $$ (6-10 mil?) for crimson, how does the lvl 80 TT sling perform (asides from looking extremely dorky)? Or the other 80 leg bow Guardian of the Realm (the mats looked cheap/pick-upablable, but I have no idea on mold cost).

2) I don't understand, why is crimson unresellable? I'm guessing binding equipment? (I've never bound anything, but carry GA's). If anyone wants to sell one cheap... lol =P

3) Most of the armor seems... unimpressive. From lvl 60+ I've been using a 1* +4 vit +4 vit (so +8) and +4 dex chest peice w/ avg citrines. The defense bonuses are lower but alucards minions+carrion vultures just melt before hitting me + winged shell takes 2 hits when I mess up... Am I going to get murdered at higher levels w/o hedes/grieving sorrow/TT armor, and try going w/ 1-3* equip w/ nice stats+ avg cits of a similar levels?

I'm just trying to pve power level my way to demon (still got a long way...), then pvp.
I'd like to run rb eventually... guess that answers the armor question =P
I've never run TT and I'm going to avoid for as long as possible...

Thanks.
Post edited by Ruvil - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Cavalieri - Sanctuary
    Cavalieri - Sanctuary Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    1) TT80 Sling performs well, but costed me a few million coins to get the mats, and i still dont know really if it was worth it, compared to how Wind and Clouds performed.
    Guardian of the Realm needs a mold that s dropped by a non-existing boss, so forget about that one.
    2) Crimson is TT Gold item. And those are auto-bound. Which means you cant resell after use. And which was a reason for me not to spend money on it.
    3) Get your fb69 done fast and use the lvl quest reward chest piece until 78, then go for grieving. TT armors have nice attributes, but i found them way too expensive compared to legendary armor.

There s no need in running TT, as long as you have some other source of money. All mats that u might need, are for sale on AH.
    If you've been bad, Lord I bet you have
    And you've not been hit by flying lead
    You'd better close your eyes and bow your head
    And wait for the ricochet.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    1) If you don't have the $$ (6-10 mil?) for crimson, how does the lvl 80 TT sling perform (asides from looking extremely dorky)? Or the other 80 leg bow Guardian of the Realm (the mats looked cheap/pick-upablable, but I have no idea on mold cost).

The TT80 sling does well, as does the Wind and the Clouds. I was grinding with an archer one level below me with TT80 slingshot. She had it at +3 or +4, and she was doing fine compared to me (+4 Crimson Horn: Soulsmasher). I can out-damage her, but she was certainly okay on her own.
    2) I don't understand, why is crimson unresellable? I'm guessing binding equipment? (I've never bound anything, but carry GA's). If anyone wants to sell one cheap... lol =P

TT equipment (armor / weapons / jewelry / etc.) that use Gold materials will bind upon usage. That is why it is not resellable.
    3) Most of the armor seems... unimpressive. From lvl 60+ I've been using a 1* +4 vit +4 vit (so +8) and +4 dex chest peice w/ avg citrines. The defense bonuses are lower but alucards minions+carrion vultures just melt before hitting me + winged shell takes 2 hits when I mess up... Am I going to get murdered at higher levels w/o hedes/grieving sorrow/TT armor, and try going w/ 1-3* equip w/ nice stats+ avg cits of a similar levels?

At level 84, I have:
    - 3 * shirt with 2 Beautiful Citrines and +1 Refinement
    - 3 * pants (level 72) with 2 Avg Shards, no Refinement
    - 1 * shoes with no shards, no Refinement
    - Bracers of Blood Moon with 3 Beautiful Shards and +3 Refinement
    - Hat of the Drum Master / Helm of Lion Spirit, both with 3 Beautiful Shards and +3 Refinement

With this build, I was doing fine. There is no need to get Grieving Sorrow / Hedes if you can find good 3* items.

I am using Beautiful Citrines on 90s equipment (Bracres of Blood Moon, Hat of the Drum Master, and Helm of Lion Spirit). To me, 90s is endgame, so I do not mind splurging on Beautiful Shards and +3 Refinement.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    just curious, why are you using blood bracers at 90? TT90 gold are far more superior, and fairly cheap to make.

as for OP the sling is decent enough to last on its own, but at 90 turns into a gold sling, which can get costly to make, wind and the clouds isnt bad either, but id recommend getting the crossbow that decomps for blinding radiance. its cheaply priced on our server matwise, and quite possibly the best PVP weapon in game.

armorwise, you can use decent 3* up till 90, it wont hurt you, (some 3* can be better than grieving and millenary bless) but the sky walker set + TT90 gold gloves is amazing. check between the TT90 green / TT80 gold for shoes armor and legs for preference on good armor.

just opinion based on talking with archer friends :P
  • Shikyura - Sanctuary
    Shikyura - Sanctuary Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    despite what people may say, past gear is pretty good if you are lucky (4 socket full resist HA chest i made awhile ago with 3 bonuses)

onyl thing is that they are mid 90's, from 94 (i think) up to 97 i believe, around there

not to mention past gear looks alot more cool :D in my opinion at least...i run around wearing that...and the bow
    edited July 2009
    I would love to craft past gear, but mystical tome fragments go for about 125k at the moment on Heaven's Tear.
  • Shikyura - Sanctuary
    Shikyura - Sanctuary Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I would love to craft past gear, but mystical tome fragments go for about 125k at the moment on Heaven's Tear.

make a dummy here and check meh out XD
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I have a few questions too.

Why does every archer I see use the armor of greiving sorrow? What makes it so good. I know a lot of archers use the dark shingaurds of hedes and the price seems relatively low, but why is that too?
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited July 2009

Why does every archer I see use the armor of greiving sorrow? What makes it so good. I know a lot of archers use the dark shingaurds of hedes and the price seems relatively low, but why is that too?

FB79 LA Chest is bad, but it is relatively cheap with some good res for it's armor grade. Otherwise, there is actually no reason to go this path.

And about FB70 leggings, it has some nice bonuses and good res+hp mod for the leggings slot (at around this level - other leggings do not compare too well with these) which makes this a rather good pair of leggings. The reason why it is so cheap is because it could be made with 2 myst chips and a 75k craft fee. Also consider how much FB70 is farmed (for the cape) meaning people may obtain these leggings without intention. Oversupply and cheap mold manufacturing make the prices for these sink.
    edited July 2009

Both of these can be obtained through Mysterious Chips.

Armor of Grieving Sorrow is fairly easy to obtain when compared to the effort of obtaining TT70 armors, and the stats are not too bad.
  • Lunnark - Sanctuary
    Lunnark - Sanctuary Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    And about FB70 leggings, it has some nice bonuses and good res+hp mod for the leggings slot (at around this level - other leggings do not compare too well with these) which makes this a rather good pair of leggings.

Errrm... FB70 reward is a plate : Armor of Demon General
    Indeed it is a very good armor and the addons are just sweeeet! b:pleased
    However you do get a pair of leggings as reward, and they are part of the challenge quest chain aswell. You can get them at lev 67 not 70, and they are 2stars only and the stats don't show anything impressive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Errrm... FB70 reward is a plate : Armor of Demon General
    Indeed it is a very good armor and the addons are just sweeeet! b:pleased
    However you do get a pair of leggings as reward, and they are part of the challenge quest chain aswell. You can get them at lev 67 not 70, and they are 2stars only and the stats don't show anything impressive.

Sorry, got use to calling molders FB equips because that's where they typically come from (just like TT70 for example). I was NOT referring to the FB QUEST REWARDS.
  • Moranine - Lost City
    Moranine - Lost City Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    FB79 LA Chest is bad, but it is relatively cheap with some good res for it's armor grade. Otherwise, there is actually no reason to go this path.

And about FB70 leggings, it has some nice bonuses and good res+hp mod for the leggings slot (at around this level - other leggings do not compare too well with these) which makes this a rather good pair of leggings. The reason why it is so cheap is because it could be made with 2 myst chips and a 75k craft fee. Also consider how much FB70 is farmed (for the cape) meaning people may obtain these leggings without intention. Oversupply and cheap mold manufacturing make the prices for these sink.
    Most people also will end up sticking with Armor of Greiving sorrow until 90 to get HH90 Armor. HH80 Armor is really worthless as you don't need it to make HH90. The only HH Armor i have is the Wristguards (for Vit, Dex and Str) and the Boots (for Movespeed) and i have all of them +2 with 2 G6 HP Shards and Shinguards of Hedes Armor of Greiving Sorrow (+3 with 3 G6 HP Shards) and a 3 * 3 Socket Helment and Ring of Drum God and a 1% Crit Ring. My best advice would be to keep the Legendary items until 90 when you (or the Guild your in) can help you get the HH90 Armor/Weapon.

Oh and Offtopic. Soulsmasher FTW XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2009
    off topic again...

blinding radiance > soul smasher >:D
  • Ruvil - Sanctuary
    Ruvil - Sanctuary Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Guardian of the Realm needs a mold that s dropped by a non-existing boss, so forget about that one.

Oh geez... no wonder why I could never find it in AH b:chuckle

Thanks for all the replys, very useful.
  • Fuhjeebies - Harshlands
    Fuhjeebies - Harshlands Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    a lvl 80 rcher in lvl 60 heavy armour is better then a lvl 80 archer in lvl 80 light armour?

as in for the p.def and elemental resistances?
    just wondering cus my str is higher then average and i reaaally don't like the light armours tbh

and finding out the info is terrible cus when i google pwdatabse it has different names to what u all call TT or HH or w/e
    edited July 2009
    Apparently you can also get this mold from oreliths, or whatevers?

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/13037

The chance of acquiring a mold from a normal monster is in a realm of mathematics usually reserved for measuring atomic mass.
    edited July 2009
    Apparently you can also get this mold from oreliths, or whatevers?

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/13037
    its like a .00015% i think chance for molds or some crazy number. its just a non existant bow :P. if you wanna dream big, go for TT100, lunar, or frost bows :P
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    its like a .00015% i think chance for molds or some crazy number. its just a non existant bow :P. if you wanna dream big, go for TT100, lunar, or frost bows :P

It's listed as a 0.0008% in the extra drop table that is only used 0.5% of the time. 0.000004% chance of it dropping. 1 in every 25 Million kills.
    If your server has 1000 in the level range for those mobs and each kills 100 mobs a day it would take 9 months for it to drop once on the server.

Just skip it <_< tt80 gold is just as good anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Kusider - Heavens Tear
    Kusider - Heavens Tear Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    It's listed as a 0.0008% in the extra drop table that is only used 0.5% of the time. 0.000004% chance of it dropping. 1 in every 25 Million kills.
    If your server has 1000 in the level range for those mobs and each kills 100 mobs a day it would take 9 months for it to drop once on the server.

Just skip it <_< tt80 gold is just as good anyway.

I think they know Crimsonhorn is just as good, if not better, but were looking for a cheaper bow alternative that doesn't have to bound.

Either way, I know I was. Not overly keen on xbows, Striker seems a bit sucky, and I'm not infinitely rich like some of you guys. Gap for archers that doesn't seem it's going to get filled. Doesn't matter too much I guess...
  • Ipood - Dreamweaver
    Ipood - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    If your gonna be mostly an Pve player then you wont need anything expensive. Just try to get armor with added Vit or sockets for stones. and put HP shards average or better in your armor if you can =P