Patch 161 is a large patch!

darthpanda16
darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Support Desk
This week's patch was very large.

Why? It contains a major chunk of data/information related the upcoming content update.

For those who are having issues downloading this patch due to a slow connection or unstable connection, please try downloading one of our manual patches available at:
http://pwi.perfectworld.com/download

Here is the direct link to Version 144-161 for anyone having trouble locating the patch on our download page.
Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
Post edited by darthpanda16 on

Comments

• kieran1989
    kieran1989 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    yeah its been 2 hours and its on about 15%...

someone let me know if this is normal?
  • Ophida - Dreamweaver
    Ophida - Dreamweaver Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Use the manual patcher - far faster! Everything was downloaded and installed in under 10 minutes for me.

Links to the manual patch can be found in this thread: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=354232
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • quizzy
    quizzy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Hiya, Please keep in mind that we just had another very large patch update. Which is probably slowing down the patcher client.

I would give it some more time and if that doesn't work go here: http://pwi.perfectworld.com/download

In the middle of this page you should see Patch Updates. Just download and run with the Perfect World Patcher to update your files.

Have fun.
  • rathofdemise
    rathofdemise Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    ya i go scared for a moment lol but ya that makes since.i really hopew yall fixed the rebirth glitches i think alot of us would appreate that more than new clothes.
  • Nalfien_ - Sanctuary
    Nalfien_ - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    please dont scare me like that again lol hope its a patch to remember
  • madmazel
    madmazel Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    now.... am i again make dowloand this game??? or am i need add something??? i am a turkish.. i dont undersand very well... so am i dowlaond again?? yes or no pls.
  • quizzy
    quizzy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    No you don't need to download the game again. View the thread that Ophida posted. But make sure that you install the correct patches or else your game won't run correctly.
  • kieran1989
    kieran1989 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Thanks for all the help guys, i got it on 80% hehe

i just got back from turkey, WOOP!!!

your milk is disgusting by the way... =P
  • r3lok
    r3lok Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Hello,

I'm stuck for two hours now at litmodel_916.bmd. I even tried the manual patch ec_patch_144-161 which gives error at the exact same file.

Please advise.

Thank u!
  • abcyang
    abcyang Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I swapped to the manual patch and its now on 1hr 5minutes so I'm assuming the 10minute update was on cable not adsl.
  • Greek - Harshlands
    Greek - Harshlands Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Stuck at the litmodel part of the Download...for quite some time now. GMs...?? O__O
  • Ophida - Dreamweaver
    Ophida - Dreamweaver Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I'm on ADSL...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Maximus - Harshlands
    Maximus - Harshlands Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Nothing wrong here, just wanted to let you know that I had been donwloading the patch for over an hour with the game launcher. I tried the manual one just to see if it would be fast and downloaded it with max. speed. Done in 2 minutes.

Everyone use manual lol, saves lots of time!

To GMs, why is the launcher download so slow? ^_^
  • Greenpiercer - Sanctuary
    Greenpiercer - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    auto update runned over 2 hours b:surrender had to patch manually (Y) 3 min+ download and patching it now and finishing in minutesb:victoryb:victory
  • Greek - Harshlands
    Greek - Harshlands Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Did manual download,worked in seconds :P
  • Hellx_xHound - Harshlands
    Hellx_xHound - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    how do i manually update help!!!!
  • tka
    tka Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Workin on my patch now, hope it works lol
  • Hellx_xHound - Harshlands
    Hellx_xHound - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    PLZ HELP ME HOW DO I MANUAL DOWNLOADb:sad
  • r3lok
    edited July 2009
    Ok maybe i wasn't very clear the first time: not only the online update but

Manual file still doesn't work for me - error: Update file corrupted!

Anything else I could try here?

Thanks a lot!
  • Potato_guy - Heavens Tear
    Potato_guy - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I have a problem with BOTH of the update files, the normal ''patch'' takes me 5 hours to get on 20%... 1. its slow and huge, 2. it stops every 2 minutes and won't start again and the manual patch works fine, till its updating when it reached around 50% it says: CORRUPT UPDATE FILES, what to do ='( please help me...
  • Potato_guy - Heavens Tear
    Potato_guy - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    oh, and the ''patch'' one.. stucks at
    litmodel_840.bmd b:sad
  • Gwynnavier - Sanctuary
    Gwynnavier - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    So nice of you to post this but it would be even nicer if you tell us which file (inside the PW files) to save it in. As I do not open any file I save them for further refrence if something goes wrong. So as many asked please specify. Thank you kindly.
  • r3lok
    edited July 2009
    So nice of you to post this but it would be even nicer if you tell us which file (inside the PW files) to save it in. As I do not open any file I save them for further refrence if something goes wrong. So as many asked please specify. Thank you kindly.

Sry, my bad - file name is common_a1.mp3 from manual patch ec_patch_144-161

Thank u!
  • CRYSTY_III - Sanctuary
    CRYSTY_III - Sanctuary Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    http://pwi-ns.perfectworld.com/patches/manual/ec_patch_144-161.cup manual update patch.When it done , click to Open and the update will start.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] srry about my english, im sure you'll get the point what im trying to say b:chuckleb:bye
    Happy Holidays ! b:victory
  • DocterM - Lost City
    DocterM - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I wonder what happened to the Client's auto patch?
    It's always best to get your story straight, then change it however you want. - Myself
  • EvilDragon - Dreamweaver
    EvilDragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    omg...download is already busy for 2 hours and not even at 1/4 b:sad
    gonna try if the link is faster...hope so...b:surrender
  • Kevinsdw - Harshlands
    Kevinsdw - Harshlands Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    o man its taking for ever 3 hours 12% =(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

the great sea turtel bow down to him or he will eat you
  • NiceWizI - Sanctuary
    NiceWizI - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    hi guys, im trying to update the game for like 4 hours, still stuck on like 15-20% so i have a better idea, i use Dawonload Accelerator Plus - i DL the patch in 6 mins with speed of 500+ Kb/s ..

try using this program, it downloads really fast.

have fun playing =]
  • bunnychan4life
    bunnychan4life Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    yea uhm, why does this fail so much... a patch shouldn't be this long... ITS A PATCH! >< stupid huge file... that takes 6 hours to install, that's almost as long as the game takes... (2 hours and around 20~25%)
  • EvilDragon - Dreamweaver
    EvilDragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Just use the download link..it will direct you to pwi site, download section. Scroll down, klick on the right patch...!! After 2,5 hours watching the updater update sooooooo slow...I got it within 10 mins!!!b:victoryb:laugh
This discussion has been closed.