NOTICE: Large Patch This Week

Comments

• MissEbil - Heavens Tear
    MissEbil - Heavens Tear Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Yeah, huge doesn't really cover the half an hour the manual patch took to download.
    Hell it lagged up my connection so badly that this page took 5 minutes to open o.o

No, I do not have a slow connection, most days we have 2 computers using it, one running WoW and one PWI, we have even had 3 computers running PWI with no lag! (we have had some connection issues lately, but still.)

Would have been nice to spread this HUGE update over a couple of days/weeks seeing as we're not even going to get the new content for ages, like ZOMFG GENIES - 3 weeks later, crappy shiny things appear claiming to be genies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proud member of the VenoMafia.

b:flower Read my FanFic! b:flower
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=334222
  • HoVulpes - Sanctuary
    HoVulpes - Sanctuary Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    czakalaka wrote: »
    OMFG WTF?!
    Only Case sale and 2 new fashions and over 700mb patching?! LOL ROTFL LMAOb:angry

1st patch 144-161 (315mb)
    2nd patch 52-161 (387mb) - i need download it too? because its released today too

OOOOOOOMMMMMGGG Site laggin as hellb:angry

Czakalaka dont think so. check 1st post in this thread. GM wrote DIRECT LINK TO 144-161 ONLY.

powodzenia :3
  • Julietoo - Sanctuary
    Julietoo - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I was downloading patch through update server and it was going really really slow and freezing on some files then I started downloading the manual patch and it was downloading at 1.16Mb/s and only took me 4 min to download and another 2 or 3 to patch. In this time the download from the auto patch server was barely 2-5% complete.

Manual Patch is faster.
  • Hallepaurion - Dreamweaver
    Hallepaurion - Dreamweaver Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    AHHHHHH!!!!!! If only I had have read this post BEFORE starting the "auto-update" :(:(:(

now I dont' know whether to sit it out and wait... or go manual :(:(

lots more frowny faces :(:(:(:(:(:(
  • Hallepaurion - Dreamweaver
    Hallepaurion - Dreamweaver Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    OK so... decided to start manual download. BUT what is .cup file??? do I just double click on it when it's done?
  • Sweetcherry - Dreamweaver
    Sweetcherry - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I might sleep while this downloads

b:victory i did that too...slept for 2 hoursb:laugh still downloading thob:angry
  • Shezmu - Lost City
    Shezmu - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    The only thing i got from this patch was EXTREME lsag (the kind that made me leave perfect world Mylasia) and screwed up smiley's ...Is a patch not suposed to fix things 0.o

This one difinatly made it worse n before you say LAGS your problem it was fine before the patch and i mean JUST before the patch... definatly not me
  • Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    auto update failed so tried the advice on manual download. was surprised to average 825kb/s using downloadthemall from the uk.

nearly finished now. manual update here we come!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • shirlee
    shirlee Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Ok i tried the manual download, it took almost half an hour and then when i double clicked it I got a corrupted file error, am i doing something wrong? im an hour and a half into the autoupdate and have had to hit retry 3 times, im at roughly 25%. Any help out there? this is gettiing to be ridiculous, I love this game, and my main is lvl 83 so I dont want to ditch it. I have a brand new computer and a dsl connection that is normally super fast.
  • Vampire_Nyx - Heavens Tear
    Vampire_Nyx - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    This is horrible lol
  • Eunuch - Dreamweaver
    Eunuch - Dreamweaver Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Not to complain, but what is wrong with the auto updater? I ran it for 3 hours and it was only at 25% and it didn't freeze or anything. Then I cancel it and download it manually and it only took 10 minutes.
  • mrkattmann
    mrkattmann Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Manual is definetly faster. only took about 5-10 minutes to get. First time going through Manual mode, definelty recomend it for large downloads. Launcher probly going really slow, because a large portion of the community is auto-downloading it. Go Manual, with link provided at begining of topic.
  • coldice2000
    coldice2000 Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Are we all on this thread to pass the time of waiting? I am :D Running at ~700mb/sec shouldn't take too long.. it's been about 7~8 mins to download T.T
  • QuewsVeno - Sanctuary
    QuewsVeno - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    ...i spent like 30 min downloading the manual patch then it tells me the files r corrupted ...so now im trying the normal download threw the luncher >_>

I got that corrupt files error too after downloading the manual patch.
    Any ideas?
  • Bellorynix - Sanctuary
    Bellorynix - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    What is going on? Like, update more them a hour? I am worred! b:shocked
    Giving up is for the weak.
  • E_diamond - Dreamweaver
    E_diamond - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I've always had issues with the auto updater. Plus manual takes almost no time at all bookmark the page and BAM!! 2 seconds and your good to go this patch took me 5 min!! b:shocked Time to go grind grind grind!!!
  • LewaSpell - Heavens Tear
    LewaSpell - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    hmm just going to let my update client do it...not going to be able to play really today anyways b:sad
  • Trueazaril - Lost City
    Trueazaril - Lost City Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    grrrrr i keep gettin corrupt file error for the manual patch, i dont know wht to do:(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Legendadry - Harshlands
    Legendadry - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    seems to me the manual patch is your best bet. i spent maybe 2-3 hours w/ the auto one. 15mins w/ the manual one. even if you files are corrupted and u have to dl it again, it's worth it. I do agree however though that the patch should've been released in stages everyweek to prevent long waits dling
    I dont level Slow I just enjoy the game b:surrender
  • Eremedy - Dreamweaver
    Eremedy - Dreamweaver Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    SIX HOURS XD
    SIX HOURS, my friends, and then I discover this thread that advises to go on manual. HAHAHA. For 6 hours I was on autopatch and it didnt MOVE :D

Now let's hope I won't get that corrupted-file issue.

I'll be back.

PS. Sad to hear the bad news tho (the smileys and the lack of updates and the lag etc etc...).

PPS. Oh well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MissEbil - Heavens Tear
    MissEbil - Heavens Tear Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    People! You don't double click the .cup file!
    Open PW to the updater and click cancel on your auto update if it comes up.
    Then hit manual and find the .cup file whereever you saved it. Leave it for a minute, the updater will close, then open it again and you're good to go.

Well, yeah if you can ignore the spazzed out smileys and new Village People fashion b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proud member of the VenoMafia.

b:flower Read my FanFic! b:flower
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=334222
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Woot, success on the manual and barely took half an hour ^_^

now to join in the messed-up-smiley-qq-lag-fest b:laugh
  • vacanteyes
    vacanteyes Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    ive been downloading the new patch since 6am, and its STILL not even half way...
  • Pwnerr - Sanctuary
    Pwnerr - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    still getting an error even with manual update patch :/, just says: update listed files error b:cry
  • VacantEyes - Heavens Tear
    VacantEyes - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    wow. nvm.
    i did the manual patch, it was done in 45 sec.
    my computer is incredibly fast, but i presume this method will speed everyones patch up
  • Themax - Heavens Tear
    Themax - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Took me around 3 min to download it manually , much faster than downloading trough client. b:victory
    Inactive on HT

Rerolled on HL
  • joaocota
    joaocota Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    when i try the last version it always appear error , i can't even download any files :(
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Some of these updates sound freaking awesome, let's hope they're worth the huge patch...

20 minutes remaining @_@

But wardrobe in your inventory, cycling of fashion sets, and blessings for CoD instances and TT? b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    didnt have any Errors Patching I grabbed the 2nd one on the list. There are two on there from yesterday. Do the 2nd one from the top.
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • Yakubo_ - Sanctuary
    Yakubo_ - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    PSST. Download manually.

Took me 3 mins to get it all done. b:victory
    URL http://pwi-ns.perfectworld.com/patches/manual/ec_patch_144-161.cup
    Comment ec_patch_144-161.cup
    Referer http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=354232
    Resume Yes