Can i get some help today? I'd like to play the game now.

Options
sosmicheal
sosmicheal Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Support Desk
I start the client, and it says " update server connection failed " underneath that, it says " Please try other update server " ive installed all manual patches 1-161. It just says " reading new patch" 2 seconds later it goes back to update server connection failed. Im really getting pissed off with this now its been like 3 hours and ive got no reply and id like to play now? btw i use windows vista if that helps. :S
Post edited by sosmicheal on

Comments

• doghredoghredoghre
    doghredoghredoghre Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    its happening to me 2 i tryed every thing i know and it didnt work i reinstalled the hole game 3 times and still didint work WTF
  • sosmicheal
    edited July 2009
    Options
    you too? u live in england?
  • doghredoghredoghre
    doghredoghredoghre Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    no am im in the middle east amman-jordan
  • sosmicheal
    edited July 2009
    Options
    dang so its not a country thing. well im not sure why there are no gms replying yet...? its kind of frustrating really hard not to be rude too.
  • clawdee
    clawdee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    guyz... check the technical support zone, thread: installation and patching issues and mirrors - version 161 and it downloads as fast as you never seen and let the admins take a nap xD

gl^^
  • sosmicheal
    edited July 2009
    Options
    like i said id like some gm help since none of these guys have actually helped so far. ive done all of that rubbish.

and i still cant play the game .... can someone help :S

I start the client, and it says " update server connection failed " underneath that, it says " Please try other update server " ive installed all manual patches 1-161. It just says " reading new patch" 2 seconds later it goes back to update server connection failed. Im really getting pissed off with this now its been like 3 hours and ive got no reply and id like to play now? btw i use windows vista if that helps. :S

all firewalls are off so there is no excuse for it to be my computer blocking anything.

it would be nice to get some help today
  • Kevinsdw - Harshlands
    Kevinsdw - Harshlands Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    there are lots of threads like this why not go to 1 of them?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

the great sea turtel bow down to him or he will eat you
  • luna3clipse
    luna3clipse Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Ya, i'm trying to load the updates via the update button (not manual). Anyway, usually "no problem", today: i have to keep restarting update because it gets to certain points and quits responding. It's been hours I've been messing with this.
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Are you using an administrator account?
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Have you tried reviewing the networking info in the posts here?

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=75572&page=4

Let us know what you have tried, what worked, what errors you got, etc.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • sosmicheal
    edited July 2009
    Options
    nope its standard user i think yeah, but uac and parental controls are off
  • sosmicheal
    edited July 2009
    Options

all firewalls are off so there is no excuse for it to be my computer blocking anything.
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Is the last patch integrated?

once it reads = reading new patch , it must implemente it.

if it doesnt, your patch is flawed.

Try re downloading it.

Considering Vista, even if i will make myself hated... Vista is too bugged, and i ve seen many occurence where it doesnt want to connect to the servers, even without a FW

reinstalling Xp solves that problem.
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
  • sosmicheal
    edited July 2009
    Options
    im a kid. this is my dads computer. like i can just reinstall everything to play a game? :S

and ill try redownloading the patch and see what happens. 144-16x right?
  • sosmicheal
    edited July 2009
    Options
    no gm help at all eh?
  • missryo
    missryo Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I have a similar problem it says: "Game update terminated Please do try again later."
  • darthpanda16
    edited July 2009
    Options
    You can send us a ticket to Tech Support here: http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing

after reading this: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=2005612&postcount=33

We'll take a look at your system and see what is going on hopefully, ok? b:pleased
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • alicia419
    alicia419 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    omg have same problem but i live in the USA when i click on the icon for the patcher the update butten comes up but it quickley turns into the start butten ><; i tried using a different update server but nothing changed plz someone helpb:surrender
  • darthpanda16
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Thoroughly review the networking info in my signature below.

Check the helps links listed in that info.

Let us know what you tried, what worked, what didn't, what errors or messages you got.
This discussion has been closed.