Dating system

DarkHelly - Harshlands
DarkHelly - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Suggestion Box
I think there should be a dating system because u can be dating and then get married instead of getting married right away i think like the dating system should be for like lvl 5+

I think this is a good idea because if u date and u like each other u can get married or if u date and dont like each other go to like a dating npc and like click break up or something like that.

People might think this is a **** idea/or this is stupid but why not try it because u marry someone u dont like then its a waste of money to divorce.

Hehe hope this idea works b:cool
Chars:

DarkHelly-Archer-Harshlands

Im active on darkhelly most

Guild:Ownage-Owner:me!b:victory b:laugh
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by DarkHelly - Harshlands on

Comments

• Temblor - Harshlands
    Temblor - Harshlands Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I'm for more player interactions...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kiss my pointy ears!
    Girl IRL-guy cleric IG.b:cute
  • Briegg - Sanctuary
    Briegg - Sanctuary Posts: 584 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    :|

it's an action oriented mmorpg
    not some life simulation
    the marriage thign is just thrown in there for fun
    don't take it beyond that

it could get creepy
  • DarkHelly - Harshlands
    DarkHelly - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    hmm i thought it would be a good idea o well geuss nowb:pleased
    Chars:

DarkHelly-Archer-Harshlands

Im active on darkhelly most

Guild:Ownage-Owner:me!b:victory b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quov - Harshlands
    Quov - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    i think im with Helly on this one it would be kind of neat. You have to remember that there will always take what is given to far. I personally think that even some people do it with the Marriage system already inside PWI. The marriage system is what really stuck out to me in PWI but it makes sense to have a dating system as well. If this was a democracy id vote yes! Implement it!
    I reached for you to save me but you were frozen in your fear.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9007506002&dateline=1247555862[/SIGPIC]
    Can you hear me screaming out or am i all alone?
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Carebear Dating game b:shocked
    cute.. but no ty xD
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I think there should be a dating system because u can be dating and then get married instead of getting married right away i think like the dating system should be for like lvl 5+

I think this is a good idea because if u date and u like each other u can get married or if u date and dont like each other go to like a dating npc and like click break up or something like that.

People might think this is a **** idea/or this is stupid but why not try it because u marry someone u dont like then its a waste of money to divorce.

Exactly what would this "dating" entitle? It is not like you get any benefits from marraige as is.. and you can already date someone in-game, if you so desire, so I realy do not see the need for this.... And it would be much easier to just add the other person to your blacklist if you find you do not like them...

However, having a dating feature where it would lock your game on weekends, and not let you log in, so you would have to get out of the house and get a date, may not be a bad idea.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Noarux - Sanctuary
    Noarux - Sanctuary Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I'm sorry to say this but... THIS ISN'T THE SIMS -.- b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver
    Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    no, just no.

Its not a dating/**** game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Note: No thats not me... I stole that from the interwebs b:chuckle
    BTW.... YOU ROCK FORSAKENX <3

I like to think of myself as a dog, I can be cute and cuddly but sniff people's butts and get away with it ><>

Warlock recruiting lvl 70+ on the Dreamweaver Server.
    PM an officer for an invite.

b:heartb:flowerb:faint
  • amaranth87
    amaranth87 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    hmmmm maybe a quest system then that requires 1 male and one female character?
  • Sabuku - Dreamweaver
    Sabuku - Dreamweaver Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    me to the marrage is so expensive its like what 30 bucks for each bride and groom and what if ur wife makes a new character then its another 60 there should be a little more divercity there i like the whole embrassing and kissing think but dating would be awsome
    Archer's Pwn
  • Venacious - Harshlands
    Venacious - Harshlands Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    :|

it's an action oriented mmorpg
    not some life simulation
    the marriage thign is just thrown in there for fun
    don't take it beyond that

it could get creepy

Agreed that it can have reprocussions if taken too far, but this game has alot of IRL potential. Ive already seen the way some ppl act or can act in the game as far as using emotes and with the Marrage system in the game, it just has so much that can easily be done. Anyhow, I see adding more IRL functions and realistic based material being alot of fun and an easy way to becomeing a new "Second Life" Based game.
  • Bebisita - Dreamweaver
    Bebisita - Dreamweaver Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Or you could, like, you know, try talking to the person before you marry them. Get to know them and stuff... I'm not sure if people do that nowadays, though.
  • Venacious - Harshlands
    Venacious - Harshlands Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Remember, they are trying to make the game more realistic with the Marage, lol. do you know how many ppl acually just marry regardless if they know them? check out some 3rd world countries. haha.
  • lavadog
    lavadog Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2009

heh people need that my little sis thought of it 2 hehe :chuckle:pleased:dirty
  • lavadog
    edited July 2009

i think its a good idea casue it is a waste and i was saying my frind got an devorsed on the game its alotof money
  • lavadog
    edited July 2009
    lavadog wrote: »
    i think its a good idea cause it is a waste and i was saying my friend got an devorsed on the game its to much of money

b:dirty b:laugh b:chuckle
  • Kanibus - Dreamweaver
    Kanibus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    What is this e-harmony? no.. it's a game not a hook-up site..

it's sad how far ppl actually take these internet relationships..

"Babe i've never laid eyes on you but i love you! the way you're veno handles herself.. pixel perfection." lmao..

but seriously.. it's disturbing.. get off the computer and go get your love-tool wet xD
  • Kaimakawaka - Heavens Tear
    Kaimakawaka - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    This has to be one of the creepiest suggestions I've ever heard.

Like everyone has already said, this is not the Sims, this is not Second Life. It's a game where you kill monsters. This is not barbie dreamland where you run around hoping to meet other people that will say nice things about your new pink dress, marry them have a fat kid and a dog.
  • Fruitluips - Lost City
    Fruitluips - Lost City Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    This has to be one of the creepiest suggestions I've ever heard.

Like everyone has already said, this is not the Sims, this is not Second Life. It's a game where you kill monsters. This is not barbie dreamland where you run around hoping to meet other people that will say nice things about your new pink dress, marry them have a fat kid and a dog.
    People do say nice things about my pink dress, though
  • Moriieko - Sanctuary
    Moriieko - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I Really see nothing wrong with this... It'll make it a bit more fun... But there is a problem... Most of the people against it are guys... So unless some girls are going to Start Playing men Or men get over this "Takeing it to seriously" deal It won't work. This game is for fun a I doubt anyone on this Actually takes thier marriage seriously.
  • Enzio - Heavens Tear
    Enzio - Heavens Tear Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I Really see nothing wrong with this... It'll make it a bit more fun... But there is a problem... Most of the people against it are guys... So unless some girls are going to Start Playing men Or men get over this "Takeing it to seriously" deal It won't work. This game is for fun a I doubt anyone on this Actually takes thier marriage seriously.

You will be completely surprised on how many actually take this game to the heart. It's pretty bad.
    Why is the Rum gone? TELL ME NOW OR I WILL EAT YOUb:angry
  • Taranta - Dreamweaver
    Taranta - Dreamweaver Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Hmm...Necro much? Over 3 months since the last post...well, not as bad as some. I'd still suggest a reading of the forum rules here...

Now, to see if this gets locked or not.
    I shall dominate the Dreamweaver server through the use of Baked goods...and only baked goods.^^[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Venomancers are Female. Barbarians are male. It will forever be this way. So suck it up and deal with it already.
  • forks89
    forks89 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    One can hope it gets locked up...

I would like to counter this idea with a "swingers club" b:laugh
    Raging Tide Guild:resolvepwi.mmoguildsites.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Taranta - Dreamweaver
    Taranta - Dreamweaver Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Lol...Forks, that just makes me think of a news story that recently hit my town. People were all up in arms because a swingers convention came here and took over a hotel...It amused me.
    I shall dominate the Dreamweaver server through the use of Baked goods...and only baked goods.^^[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Venomancers are Female. Barbarians are male. It will forever be this way. So suck it up and deal with it already.
  • Ixiel - Sanctuary
    Ixiel - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited November 2009

Now, to see if this gets locked or not.

Dear lord, I hope so. And I'm rather glad this thread sunk in the first place.

Does no one realise how much of a bad reputation PWI would get if a serious dating system was implemented? >,<

Dating sites are 18+ for a reason. >,>
    A B and C, abandoned but controlled.
    M can't you see? Half of me was sold.
    X Y and Z, Xerox your zombies then
    there's nothing here but
    Life 1 0 1.
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Well, today's necros weren't all too bad, none were older than 4 months.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.