can cleric lvl faster than barb?

Werebeasts - Sanctuary
Werebeasts - Sanctuary Posts: 72 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Cleric
my barb got too 42 in a few days whats cleric gonna take? cause barb isupclose clerics can jsut shoot and killl and buff! not to mentionim gonna be a fa cleric
Post edited by Werebeasts - Sanctuary on

Comments

• TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I don't have a high level cleric but I can try to guess a few things:

clerics get invited to more fbs than barbs, clerics can exp faster and better than us by grinding with air mobs (or with that aoe poison mobs grind o.o )

can't think else for now <_< I'll wait for a cleric to anwser
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    It took me 3 times as long leveling my barb compared to my cleric, personally. That said, I'm willing to bet there are people who could say the opposite. I suppose it all comes down to personal preference and playing style.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    If you can handle the MP problem, you should lv up faster then with any other class except veno, cause we deal good amount of dmg b:dirty
    b:dirty
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    lol yes clerics lvl faster then barbs
    (or with that aoe poison mobs grind o.o )
    and why "o.o" ... ?
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Camerlengo - Dreamweaver
    Camerlengo - Dreamweaver Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    *totally off subject*

Alyyy, I like your sig, but every time I see it I want to throw something out of a window because of all the spelling/grammar mistakes.

It should be:

Clerics were given the power to change the Laws of Nature whenever they so desire...We are the Ultimate Winged Race...We are not bound by any laws... We follow our own desires...We do not acknowledge God...Because WE may play God....
    Full power to the Vagiroscope!
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    lol yes clerics lvl faster then barbs

and why "o.o" ... ?
    cuz I was killing a few mobs, used a aoe and grabbed for mistake an army of spiders (level 90+) that a cleric was massing for grind... <_<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    It took me a weekend to go up to lvl 20 and about a week playing 1 hour every day to reach level 30. Now I can grind on mobs about 5 levels above me with relative ease (I need to meditate every time I kill one) to get more exp and better drops.

On regular quest I think it depends: mob killin' quests can be done fast with a cleric, while boss killing quests are quite difficult if you're not in a squad or with someone a level higher than you.
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    "can cleric lvl faster than barb?"

Yes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Yes a Cleric can lvl faster I would say faster than any other class well except Archers.We get to fly to our quests not walk or swim.That is what speeds up the lvling.We got better healing as well so we don't amke to many trips back to town.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Constantly 3-4 shotting mobs are nice. Got too used to that, cant go with anything less.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    cuz I was killing a few mobs, used a aoe and grabbed for mistake an army of spiders (level 90+) that a cleric was massing for grind... <_<

:P ............
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xerow - Dreamweaver
    Xerow - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Barbs are slow to level in the earlier levels because they can barely hit things and do low damage. Clerics can heal and do great damage. Archers level the fastest because they do high damage like wizards and archers, but they very rarely have to use pots or meditate. When grinding on my cleric without mp pots or a charm, I have to stop constantly to meditate. When using my archer, it's just kill, kill, kill, kill, ding.
    But yeah, being a barb is by far the most frustrating class to be in the lower levels, I feel.
  • Neonz - Lost City
    Neonz - Lost City Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Okayy well to this I have to say, I think at the lower levels 60-79 they can, but 80 like all of the mobs are physical almost all of them and im 100% positive that barbs if they know the right people will get invited more to rebirth orders 80-85+ rather than clerics, sense everyone is looking for a GOOD barb for rebirths, but 80+ the quests call for physical mobs....and unless your an LA cleirc with lots of -_% channeling then you cant really level fast as hell, and I know you shouldnt grind in the sea of icolation till like 85 and butterflys they go green at 83 (I think) and butterflys are only good for grinding at 75-83 but by 80 they become bleh.
    SO I would think (I have seen this in a barb friend of mine)
    60+ (ridge of the dreaming cloud and swamp of wraiths all mag mobs for the most part) easyer for a cleric harder for a barb
    70+ (sancuary, village of the lost, village of the naught; mag mobs mainly but some physical)
    80+ (1k streams, east berrier village, north berrier village, boundless grasslands, sirry wine camp ect [too many to name] are mainly physical)
    their are acouple mag places but barely like once a cleric hits 83 and stops butterflys. their isnt really a place after 83 you can do thoes ugly fire mobs at lv 84 but they hit pretty hard

so all in all its even
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Boojangles has a fetish with brambles o.O

---R-E-T-I-R-E-D----
    So troll elsewhere
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    doh... forgot the discovery of RB made it easier for everyone now D=
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan