Sage or Demon wiz

Tyed - Dreamweaver
Tyed - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Wizard
Hi allb:bye,

Just wanted to know which path u ppl would prefer to take or have already taken and if possible, pls state ur reason as well.
Also , what armor ur gonna use once u take ur specific path,benifits of using that armor and so on..........(if any XD)
As for me im a LA currently nd gonna go arcane at 90, i've opted for the demon path casue of the -% channeling skills.

Thx
b:thanks
Post edited by Tyed - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I'm going sage at 89, I really like the bonus chi. The ability to not spend my time casting morning dew in TW's just to get a shield up is very attractive. I'm currently looking for as much +crit stuff as I can to maximize my power in PvP.

Demon still tempts me with hailstorm, sandstorm, and such though.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    SAGE FTW

i need to stop being lazy and grind...i remember when me and witch were just a few levels apart
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    Rinnve - Lost City Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I'm going sage at 89, I really like the bonus chi. The ability to not spend my time casting morning dew in TW's just to get a shield up is very attractive.
    Chi pots FTW. Ability to gain some -chan with 1 spark and some other -chan with demon spark wins IMO. Also, there is demon earth shield... extremely hard to get but soooo b:dirty

ps grind grind lazy bish i remember amour getting his fairy when i was noob and i am still noob dammit
    --
    PWonline.ru, Sirius: Иней, 70 cleric - off.
    PWI, Lost City: Rinnve, 7X wiz (frozen);
    Allods Online, Раскол: Риннве, 2X occultist
    edited July 2009
    I wanna free up my apoth pots for vacuity/damage absorb.

BTW as for leveling....Gamma FTW!

• Neltharius - Heavens Tear
    Neltharius - Heavens Tear Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    hey :)
    i've looked a lot into wizzies
    went through the whole sage/demon skills and everything
    honestly, i just have no life, so i spend my time looking at both paths for all classes

in my most honest and humble opinion, i think sage would be the best for wiz.
    most of the sage skills just seem so much more attractive, however i may be wrong. i've had no real experience with a wiz, and it's not like things always work out in the most ideal way sometimes.

i think robes too

a wiz is designed to put out as much damage as it possibly can, and going LA will give you a bit more survivability, but it will reduce ur damage output significantly.

once again, i've no experience in playing wiz... so just a noob's opinion :D
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    rebirth b:dirty sadly it's so hard to find good squad for that... i'm working on it though b:pleased
    --
    edited July 2009
    I'd actually recommend Vit over LA for gamma. The element debuffs got me more than bleed.

It comes down to,

Sage=TW~AOE based PvE(Based around sparks, chi and ulti power)

Demon=PvP~Single target PvE(Based around spike, crit, control skills)

• Rinnve - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    going LA will give you a bit more survivability, but it will reduce ur damage output significantly.
    Both points are right but in different stages of leveling; LA gains survivability on 6x-8x, and significant reduce in damage is important after 9x - cause before it pure mages are too squishy. (Well, if they activate refinement transfer... some things will change a lot. But they will not, to good or bad.)
    --
    edited July 2009
    From pure to LA I lost around 25% of my damage in PvE. Glad I'm back to pure but not looking forward to farming my 90 gear v.v

• Mizorie - Lost City
    Mizorie - Lost City Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Chi pots FTW. Ability to gain some -chan with 1 spark and some other -chan with demon spark wins IMO. Also, there is demon earth shield... extremely hard to get but soooo b:dirty

ps grind grind lazy bish i remember amour getting his fairy when i was noob and i am still noob dammit

so far there is only 1 hell earth shield on the server...good luck getting that. Don't make that one of your reasons for going hell.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dalamaar: Mizorie you have no soul.
  • Tiaque - Sanctuary
    Tiaque - Sanctuary Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Probably going to go sage...though I still have a while before I get there, so things could change, but sage is looking pretty good right now.

And I'm staying pure arcane all the way ^^
    "In the end, its not about LA vs robe - which is better? Its about knowing your character and how to play it." ~Blosque, Sanctuary

Director of Tsunami
    Contact me in-game if you're looking for a new home!

Ayjia (5x veno), Celys (4x full support cleric), Eirel (3x claw blademaster)
    edited July 2009
    I think the only skill worth more than Demon Stone Barrier is Sage Black Ice Dragon Strike. You could easily sell Demon SB for over 30mil.

• Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,216 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I think the only skill worth more than Demon Stone Barrier is Sage Black Ice Dragon Strike. You could easily sell Demon SB for over 30mil.

Sage BID isnt worth more than any Sage/Demon Shield especially Stone Barier... reason is very simple... it's very easy to manufacture those lvl 99 sage/demon books using pages of fate.. while sage/demon lower lvl books u have to farm from fb99 or manufacture using old book pages (hard to get them)

S>SAGE BID = offerb:chuckle (HT)

anyway... sage wiz > demon wiz b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scruuuuuuuubs killa b:cute Nation War champion b:cool