Will it be possible some day an archer win a pvp against cleric, wizzard or veno ?

2»

Comments

• Imgonnakillu - Sanctuary
    Imgonnakillu - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    archers...shine..at..60lvl+
    to...defeat..robe..users..u..need..to..spam..stunning..arrow.
    and..have..enough..chi..for..ur..shell..and..if..u..have..deadly..shot
    use..it..too..b:surrender....cleric..my..lvl..are..feed..usually..3hitted..
    and..if..crit..1shoted
  • Fuhjeebies - Harshlands
    Fuhjeebies - Harshlands Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    only lvl 29 but when i was 28 i duelled every class and pwned them all apart from barbs lol (108 dex at that level ftw)
    these classes were lvl 30+ ppl so yeh archers are overkill

lvl 28 archer 20 vit 12 mag 108 dex and 30 str taking a lvl 30 barb fully buffed down to 50% hp is kinda cool imho but clerics? pffft arrow fodder if u ask me

edit: when i hit lvl 60 ish i hope to have a barb killing toon/build ^^
  • Eunuch - Dreamweaver
    Eunuch - Dreamweaver Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    oh yeah and sutra doesnt technically count as winning, we all know it doesnt take skill to use that, only 2 sparks. ;)

A win is a win.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I really dont know what build u are, but out of all the ones i can think of, None of em can beat an archer. Ive played as archer and ive played as a 80+ mage. Never have i lost to a mage as an archer wether is light armor or not, and never have i beat an archer before as a robe mage, im guessing as light armor is worse cause now i deal less damage, oh yeah and sutra doesnt technically count as winning, we all know it doesnt take skill to use that, only 2 sparks. ;)
    I don't want to start a flamewar, so this is my last post in here:

1: If u never won against an archer with a 80+ mage/wiz, good thing you rolled an archer, Wizz just wasn't for you.
    2: I'm a robe wizz, pdef sharded. ~52% pdmg reduction. Same lvl archer needs about 3 shots (1 of them crit) to take me down. A lvl 92 archer needed 2 normal hits to take me down, but that's a 15lvl higher than me archer, with a TT90 crossbow. Nothing to comment there. If he would have critted = 1shot. I landed 1 SS hit for about 1.5k or something, I don't remember.

In PvP depends who's getting the first hit. If the archer stuns me, it's his win. If I can hit first it's my win. This is when I don't have a charm. With charm, can go either way.
    In duels, The Force of Will goes out faster than archer's stun . The channel + cast time are for archer's advantage, but somehow the wizz Force of Will hits almost instant. Tried it many times and goes out faster than BM stun, Archer stun, barb stun, u name it. First hit in duels is always SandStorm, and by the time the FoW effect is running down ( end of SS cast) a stun protect from genie is a must ( or spark). That way I can go out to hit the second nuke uninterrupted ( usually a SR, or Gush/WoF if I have the "Resist" pop on stun) and the archer is done. SS hits for about 1.6-1.9k, SR for 1.2-1.3k. These are normal hits, no crit. A crit on SS would make an archer my lvl 1shot. Rarely I need a gush to finish them off and if so, I blink either near them or out of range for last hit (yeah, sure I come back to range to cast it).
    Happens often that the archer can stun me at the end of the SS. In duels that's almost certain death, In PvP charm will save me often unless he has 2 crits in a row (Happened in TW and DT a lot).

Now what I really feel i need is a sleep/stun to fill the void after the FoW. That would change my whole strategy, and fortunately that comes at 79 in form of Soporific Whisper. That combined with FoW will block the archer from attacking for about 8 seconds, more than enough to cast 3 spells that will end the duel in my favor. Things will not always go my way, but I'm not meat for archers, I can go 1-1 with every archer in a 2-3 lvl span without walking away ashamed.
    For PvP/TW undine strike has probably more use(TW for sure), but for duels, unless you can make the oponent a 1 shot with undine, as i see it now it's not worth it. I might change my opinion when I have it.

About 10-15 lvls ago I would have been just meat for archers because I had no means to control them in duels or PvP. As I lvl up i'm getting the tools i need. True, they are comming late and very expensive, but it's all worth it. Who said wizz is easy to play? b:chuckle

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MrConce - Harshlands
    MrConce - Harshlands Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    A win is a win.

In that case lets put a nix on a wiz with sutra, see who wins =]
    "Always Outnumbered,Never Outgunned." + "For You My Lover,Pa Que Te Enamores" ~ Co7Vc3 ♥ El Romance Letal ♥ ~ Director of CareBears ~ Harshlands. Guess who's back? Bought a sexy **** powerful gaming laptop. Ready to be exploited. On my way to tech school/dorm. Be back soon. =)
  • MrConce - Harshlands
    MrConce - Harshlands Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I don't want to start a flamewar, so this is my last post in here:

1: If u never won against an archer with a 80+ mage/wiz, good thing you rolled an archer, Wizz just wasn't for you.
    2: I'm a robe wizz, pdef sharded. ~52% pdmg reduction. Same lvl archer needs about 3 shots (1 of them crit) to take me down. A lvl 92 archer needed 2 normal hits to take me down, but that's a 15lvl higher than me archer, with a TT90 crossbow. Nothing to comment there. If he would have critted = 1shot. I landed 1 SS hit for about 1.5k or something, I don't remember.

In PvP depends who's getting the first hit. If the archer stuns me, it's his win. If I can hit first it's my win. This is when I don't have a charm. With charm, can go either way.
    In duels, The Force of Will goes out faster than archer's stun . The channel + cast time are for archer's advantage, but somehow the wizz Force of Will hits almost instant. Tried it many times and goes out faster than BM stun, Archer stun, barb stun, u name it. First hit in duels is always SandStorm, and by the time the FoW effect is running down ( end of SS cast) a stun protect from genie is a must ( or spark). That way I can go out to hit the second nuke uninterrupted ( usually a SR, or Gush/WoF if I have the "Resist" pop on stun) and the archer is done. SS hits for about 1.6-1.9k, SR for 1.2-1.3k. These are normal hits, no crit. A crit on SS would make an archer my lvl 1shot. Rarely I need a gush to finish them off and if so, I blink either near them or out of range for last hit (yeah, sure I come back to range to cast it).
    Happens often that the archer can stun me at the end of the SS. In duels that's almost certain death, In PvP charm will save me often unless he has 2 crits in a row (Happened in TW and DT a lot).

Now what I really feel i need is a sleep/stun to fill the void after the FoW. That would change my whole strategy, and fortunately that comes at 79 in form of Soporific Whisper. That combined with FoW will block the archer from attacking for about 8 seconds, more than enough to cast 3 spells that will end the duel in my favor. Things will not always go my way, but I'm not meat for archers, I can go 1-1 with every archer in a 2-3 lvl span without walking away ashamed.
    For PvP/TW undine strike has probably more use(TW for sure), but for duels, unless you can make the oponent a 1 shot with undine, as i see it now it's not worth it. I might change my opinion when I have it.

About 10-15 lvls ago I would have been just meat for archers because I had no means to control them in duels or PvP. As I lvl up i'm getting the tools i need. True, they are comming late and very expensive, but it's all worth it. Who said wizz is easy to play? b:chuckle

There is anti stun pots and archers themselves have anti stun. All u do is anti stun and winged shell, maybe stun u once, and the a deadly shot, if u still alive, ill go tickle u. U can have 52% phys def, well u know what. Unless u got over 3k hp, wont save u from a crit.
    "Always Outnumbered,Never Outgunned." + "For You My Lover,Pa Que Te Enamores" ~ Co7Vc3 ♥ El Romance Letal ♥ ~ Director of CareBears ~ Harshlands. Guess who's back? Bought a sexy **** powerful gaming laptop. Ready to be exploited. On my way to tech school/dorm. Be back soon. =)
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    yeah...saves me from 2 crits actually, tested in DT about 2 days ago, archer was 80+. I was full buffed except HP, so about 62 or 63% pdmg reduction
    And the wizz doesn't have stun, has seal and sleep. And yeah I have ~3k HP without the barb buff and yes I'm a robe.
    U still need to learn your class. As do I actually, but seems that my knowlege about archers is more in depth than yours about wizards. Wizz is hard to play well and many fail because of that difficulty. I'm not saying I'm a great player, but I try to learn and use what I learned from the best.

LE: promissed is the last post in this thread. I'm gonna stop now here.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LFrickn - Harshlands
    LFrickn - Harshlands Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    u all on crack clerk=archer snacks well most anything does but them damn flaming birds of death b:chuckle lol since i took down 2 69 clerks 68 wiz 70barb an some nooby BM like 50+ all vs me......fail people at pk lmao learn to PK only thing i do give clerks is duels = stack heals before fight even starts lol
  • Sir_josh - Sanctuary
    Sir_josh - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    yeah eventually you get better i guess

i remember i took down a lvl 77 cleric when i was lvl 68 i less than 10 secs too
    don't know about mages though.
  • Randoms - Dreamweaver
    Randoms - Dreamweaver Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    yeah eventually you get better i guess

i remember i took down a lvl 77 cleric when i was lvl 68 i less than 10 secs too
    don't know about mages though.

How did you do that? Didnt he put up shield?
    I kill things b:victory
  • Zhadou - Heavens Tear
    Zhadou - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    How did you do that? Didnt he put up shield?

must've not had shield
    archer must've sparked

when i first got my double spark at 59 i asked my cleric friend (87 robed cleric) if i could try it on her
    she said yes
    i double sparked deadly shot + 2 normal attacks took her down

:]
  • Onlyjayy - Heavens Tear
    Onlyjayy - Heavens Tear Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Yes
    I killed a lvl 56 cleric yesterday
  • Ixta - Harshlands
    Ixta - Harshlands Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    archers...shine..at..60lvl+
    to...defeat..robe..users..u..need..to..spam..stunning..arrow.
    and..have..enough..chi..for..ur..shell..and..if..u..have..deadly..shot
    use..it..too..b:surrender....cleric..my..lvl..are..feed..usually..3hitted..
    and..if..crit..1shoted

yep...and...we become. sh it...at..level..80...until..90.......................................................................................................................................................................I hope.
  • New_Soul - Sanctuary
    New_Soul - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    i Just Got Totally **** Against A Lvl 37 Cleric, Who Killed Me In 3 Shots Each Of 350 Damage. Im Lvl 36, And With All Freaking Health Bonuses I Couldnt Even Took Half Of His Life And I Dont Think He Even Healed...

What Is An Archer Defense Against Magic ? Running? Because I Only Beat Swordsman And Barbarians And Some Mobs Because Of My Shield That Protects Me For About 20 Secs, It Reduces A 300 Damage To 50.

But Apperently Doesent Work Against Magic... (never Noticed Cause Always Thought It Did) Btw Its Winged Shell.

So How The Freakin Hell Is Freakin Possible To Win Against A Freakin Cleric?

Are Archer Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Bad That Even A Nub That Has A Button That Says Heal And Another One That Says Attack Can **** An Archer ?

How Can It Be Possible For An Archer To Win A Figth In 5 Seconds Against Someone? Because My Lvl36 1000 Hp Dont Last For 10 Seconds Against A Cleric Or Wizzard...

And What Was Even Best In That Duel, Was That the Cleric Had More Range Than Me... So Btw.... What Is An Archer?? Cause I Might Be Confused...

Your Doing It Wrong.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    A cleric attacked me earlier today. I dropped down, stunning arrow, double spark, deadly, dead.

I've been feeling pretty strong against people my level lately. I got attacked 3 times today at a wraith event. I dropped them everytime. Heavys? Stunning arrow (always first no matter what) Thunder shock, Lightning strike and thunderstorm at the same time. Every heavy that I have fought in the past couple of days have died after thunderstorm. Robes? Stunning arrow, double spark (if you have the chi) deadly, regular attacks, dead. I've been able to get a lot of robes down to about 25% hp (not sparked) after deadly and a couple normal attacks after that they died.

I'm just regretting the lvl 80s when it gets hard again.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • New_Soul - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    A cleric attacked me earlier today. I dropped down, stunning arrow, double spark, deadly, dead.

I've been feeling pretty strong against people my level lately. I got attacked 3 times today at a wraith event. I dropped them everytime. Heavys? Stunning arrow (always first no matter what) Thunder shock, Lightning strike and thunderstorm at the same time. Every heavy that I have fought in the past couple of days have died after thunderstorm. Robes? Stunning arrow, double spark (if you have the chi) deadly, regular attacks, dead. I've been able to get a lot of robes down to about 25% hp (not sparked) after deadly and a couple normal attacks after that they died.

I'm just regretting the lvl 80s when it gets hard again.

I don't understand the appeal of using deadly shot against a robe user, its a waste of time. if you have TT60+ weapons you better be using TAKE AIM! It takes .2 more to cast.. and deals a hell of a lot more damage with a good weapon.. not to mention a fraction of the mana. Deadly shot is fail.
  • Progrinder - Dreamweaver
    Progrinder - Dreamweaver Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    robe clericsb:surrender
    and when I say that is when the two are rdy... yeah you can drop on the cleric and +- one shoot him when he can't do anything, either plume shell is just evil b:shocked
    either hmmm no prob xD
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    A robed Cleric is usually prey for an archer as long as he doesn't manage to put plume shell on, if he does though...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Waterboy - Lost City
    Waterboy - Lost City Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    A robed Cleric is usually prey for an archer as long as he doesn't manage to put plume shell on, if he does though...

even then a smart archer knows his way around a plume shieldb:laugh
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    even then a smart archer knows his way around a plume shieldb:laugh

..wich is?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zhadou - Heavens Tear
    Zhadou - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    ..wich is?

whats a plume shell o.o
    whats a cleric ?
    why do i get owned by the guys who do the Bleach Quincy move with the arrow and the magic and the stuff? :(
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    whats a plume shell o.o
    whats a cleric ?
    why do i get owned by the guys who do the Bleach Quincy move with the arrow and the magic and the stuff? :(

....riiight -_-'

Translation please? -_-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Caledfwlch - Harshlands
    Caledfwlch - Harshlands Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    veno at the same level is almost impossible to kill unless you gank them from behind.

Unless you are level 101, then veno's ultimatly suck end game. that were the blade masters start destroying everyone. can you make it to 101?

Otherwise at your level now, you need a cleric to sleep the nix then take out the veno.
  • Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver
    Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Oh so I take it you didn't hear about the lvl 90 archer who killed the lvl 30 wizard?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Note: No thats not me... I stole that from the interwebs b:chuckle
    BTW.... YOU ROCK FORSAKENX <3

I like to think of myself as a dog, I can be cute and cuddly but sniff people's butts and get away with it ><>

Warlock recruiting lvl 70+ on the Dreamweaver Server.
    PM an officer for an invite.

b:heartb:flowerb:faint
  • Neltharius - Heavens Tear
    Neltharius - Heavens Tear Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    ....riiight -_-'

Translation please? -_-

what's a translation ?
  • New_Soul - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    veno at the same level is almost impossible to kill unless you gank them from behind.

Yuss! venos loves it from behind...

just spark and take aim, easy peasy lemon squeezy.
  • Arrow_Dancer - Heavens Tear
    Arrow_Dancer - Heavens Tear Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    If you don't use Winged Shell fast enough, those attacks will not be absorbed. It's all a matter of who hits harder and faster. You'll need to figure out a combination of skills. If you're not a pure dex archer, good phucking luck. You just made life as an archer a lot more dam difficult. b:scorn
  • Arrow_Dancer - Heavens Tear
    Arrow_Dancer - Heavens Tear Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    what's a translation ?

The hell... not close to being funny.