New races/ classes

Seraki - Dreamweaver
Seraki - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Suggestion Box
I find myself limited by the 3 races, 6 classes scenerio. So I'm giving a suggest that we make some new ones. I've got two races in mind, and four classes. So, here they are.

Celestials:

Seeing as there was much death in the war against the wraiths. Pan Gu allowed the souls of those who lived a good life to have an afterlife filled with joy and tranquility. However, these souls were troubled by the destruction of their past world. They went down to the realm of the living and begun again to fight the wraiths. They had learned that as they entered the realm of the living they could again die. However, they were gifted with holy powers and skills that could compensate this. Now, their battle begins again.

Classes:

Paladins:

Warriors gifted with the power of the afterlife, paladins use their holy powers in harmony with their weapons. They focus their energy into their blades to cause massive damage to the wraiths.

Favored Souls:

Celestials who chose to use holy powers in their raw form. These warriors are capable of unleashing incredibly holy attacks. They can even use bursts to attack more than one enemy.

Demonics:

Warriors who were killed by the Wraiths but did not deserve the joyous afterlife of the Celestials. Without direction, their souls slowly hollowed. They learned the dark arts and they became consumed by their own power. Eventually they found only one thing to do... seek revenge upon the Wraiths. Now, with anger in their hearts they seek to annihilate the Wraiths from the face of the world. They do not care about other objectives, or for that matter, who gets in the way.

Deathknight:

Fighters who decided that weapons of steel would be best to do away with the Wraiths. The focus their dark energy into their weapons for combat. They, focus less upon the dark force in general, but rather what it can be combined with.

Necromancer:

Dead ones who choose to adapt the dark energy into magic, and its more raw form. They care more about the knowledge of the energy than their more physical counter-parts.
Post edited by Seraki - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• nikozamokenshi
    nikozamokenshi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    also can be cool to have for example an untamed archer or human barbarian:
    every class to every race and also dont have sex differences for classes.

every mix possible b:laugh
  • Ebrithiill - Lost City
    Ebrithiill - Lost City Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    As far as new races and new classes go, what I've noticed is that people forget about the most important problems. Il'll list the important problems for you so you can revise your plans. b:laugh First of all most of the races/classes you named are similar to those found in jade dynasty. Second, none of the races you named have anything to do with chinese mytology or the game story line. Third, you didnt calculate how these classes/race will effect perfect world. For example, theres a tank, healer, lurer, dd, and others that all have a specific role in perfect world. You didnt calculate how they will effect gameplay. Last, I dont even see a point in all these races/classes. I mean does TW need them even if its another tanking class. Thats what the barbs are for -.-
  • Nehemiah - Harshlands
    Nehemiah - Harshlands Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I find myself limited by the 3 races, 6 classes scenerio. So I'm giving a suggest that we make some new ones. I've got two races in mind, and four classes. So, here they are.
    Celestials:

Seeing as there was much death in the war against the wraiths. Pan Gu allowed the souls of those who lived a good life to have an afterlife filled with joy and tranquility. However, these souls were troubled by the destruction of their past world. They went down to the realm of the living and begun again to fight the wraiths. They had learned that as they entered the realm of the living they could again die. However, they were gifted with holy powers and skills that could compensate this. Now, their battle begins again.

Classes:

Paladins:

Warriors gifted with the power of the afterlife, paladins use their holy powers in harmony with their weapons. They focus their energy into their blades to cause massive damage to the wraiths.

Favored Souls:

Celestials who chose to use holy powers in their raw form. These warriors are capable of unleashing incredibly holy attacks. They can even use bursts to attack more than one enemy.

Demonics:

Warriors who were killed by the Wraiths but did not deserve the joyous afterlife of the Celestials. Without direction, their souls slowly hollowed. They learned the dark arts and they became consumed by their own power. Eventually they found only one thing to do... seek revenge upon the Wraiths. Now, with anger in their hearts they seek to annihilate the Wraiths from the face of the world. They do not care about other objectives, or for that matter, who gets in the way.

another barb and cleric?
    Deathknight:

Fighters who decided that weapons of steel would be best to do away with the Wraiths. The focus their dark energy into their weapons for combat. They, focus less upon the dark force in general, but rather what it can be combined with.

Necromancer:

Dead ones who choose to adapt the dark energy into magic, and its more raw form. They care more about the knowledge of the energy than their more physical counter-parts.

bm and veno..

Well I may go with the ideas for that fact that

the paladin is changed to more of a magic swordsman than another tank, someone who uses a graceful art of combat with a few supportive magic to help his fighting(not buffs). a few attack skills, a weak magic attack skill, a debuff or too, and utility skills.

pros: versatile and cool
    cons: having to use many skills to be effective

the necromancer is more debuff oriented with curses that make people run away, slow them, weaken their stats, preventing spell casting(not cancelling like shriek, preventing), paralize on the spot them with fear, poisons, confusing targets into attacking random people, using magic to suck the life from people. and summoning undead creatures off of corpses.

pros: greatest ability to hinder enemies, ability to summon, can leech from distance
    cons:must summon off of corpses, not much self sufficient

we could also use dagger classes. people who use daggers and can make lethal strikes apon people having high critical chances to do massive damage with also a higher chance of missing with such a small weapon. their skills would do very powerful damage but have a chance of landing since its forced stabs in vital areas. the ability to run fast, to hide from others, ability to blend in with surroundings like a ninja.

pros: can kill swifty in a few blows, fast and agile
    cons: low defense, attacks based on chance,luck,probability however you like

good ideas but the problem is, the lore and the fact that there is wood, earth, fire, water, metal....where is death and light going to fit in? how are the classes going to have a story.

on the bright side, new classes=more land=more quests=more places to level=more sights to see=more bosses to kill=more drops to have and more weapons and etc.
  • Soumissed - Heavens Tear
    Soumissed - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    why not make a class or race where it/he/she can transform into anything and anyone that would be so cool
  • Seraki - Dreamweaver
    Seraki - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    As far as new races and new classes go, what I've noticed is that people forget about the most important problems. Il'll list the important problems for you so you can revise your plans. b:laugh First of all most of the races/classes you named are similar to those found in jade dynasty. Second, none of the races you named have anything to do with chinese mytology or the game story line. Third, you didnt calculate how these classes/race will effect perfect world. For example, theres a tank, healer, lurer, dd, and others that all have a specific role in perfect world. You didnt calculate how they will effect gameplay. Last, I dont even see a point in all these races/classes. I mean does TW need them even if its another tanking class. Thats what the barbs are for -.-

ok first off,
    dude every mythology,
    whether it be Greek,Roman,Egyptian,Norse, Chinese,Japanese, African, Native American, whatever! has angels and demons.

and really, my original intention was for there to be a separate realm for these two races and th wraiths found a way in.

and about the role... well here we go.....

Paladin- A balance between Physical and Mystical energy.
    Favored Soul- A cross of Wizard (attack magical) and cleric (buff, and healing energy)

Deathknight- Like Paladin except with a Dark attribute,
    Necromancer- A cross between Wizards and Venomancers (summoning magic)
    except the summons for a necro don't really matter, they'r like a one-time engagement, then u can summon another of the same kind,

and the girl who last posted,
    yes, by all means that would be frickin sweet!
    but it would be god-moding... sry about your luck :)

and so i'v defended myself.........
    hello, goodbye, come again another day!
  • Saphiryl - Dreamweaver
    Saphiryl - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    ok first off,
    dude every mythology,
    whether it be Greek,Roman,Egyptian,Norse, Chinese,Japanese, African, Native American, whatever! has angels and demons.

and really, my original intention was for there to be a separate realm for these two races and th wraiths found a way in.

and about the role... well here we go.....

Paladin- A balance between Physical and Mystical energy.
    Favored Soul- A cross of Wizard (attack magical) and cleric (buff, and healing energy)

Deathknight- Like Paladin except with a Dark attribute,
    Necromancer- A cross between Wizards and Venomancers (summoning magic)
    except the summons for a necro don't really matter, they'r like a one-time engagement, then u can summon another of the same kind,

and the girl who last posted,
    yes, by all means that would be frickin sweet!
    but it would be god-moding... sry about your luck :)

and so i'v defended myself.........
    hello, goodbye, come again another day!

okay, i didn't exactly read all of this (too much text *ahhh*) but another idea would be to make these two races and classes avaialable only to players who've attianed a certain level in game...you know to make things more exciting and kinda separate young uns from more experienced players...although the separation may not be such a great idea...but i know i'd be totally enthused at the idea of transforming into a more advanced race when i reach a certain level...learning all new skills with all new quests....it would eliminate the monotony that continues after you reach a certain level too......people would want to get to that level...my thoughts anyway:)
  • Barbarics - Dreamweaver
    Barbarics - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    No! new classes and races would be abit silly as then it could ruin the game dynamics as everyone would roll that char/class temporarily spoiling the game for those who are wanting to do high level rebirth/zhenning and fbs etc.
  • Saphiryl - Dreamweaver
    Saphiryl - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    all new classes would definitely do that, thinking about it now....but what if the new classes were available on condition to higher levels?
  • Barbarics - Dreamweaver
    Barbarics - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    would still spoil the dynamics of the high level instances etc Maybe allowing players at say level 60 buy scrolls to transform into a new class for 24 hours would work
  • Tiburon - Harshlands
    Tiburon - Harshlands Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I don't ask for new classes but these can be tweaked. Hopefully the big dudes that handle the game care to look around for sugestions on forums.

-It would be nice to have a human preset for barbs.(a guy with wolf tail and ears, deer antlers or barely leopard spots just like the fox veno for exemple)
    -Same preset could be used for the male veno.
    As for new classes they could make possible very late game (like 100+) to buy a small number of skills from other classes or replace yours (for lots of coin and sp of course). So a cleric that swipes his siren kiss, thunder ball and other less good spells with sanstorm and perdition or glacial snare and bladetempest and stuff can become sort of a elf warlock, or combining their rez and debuffs with a veno's debilitating spells (amp damage and purge) can become a necromancer (he can already raise dead).
    Wizard with transf skills (can get both tiger and fox and a few skills for them) can be druids.
    Archers with bm skills (like marrow and fist skills) can become rougue class.
    BM's that get barb aggro control, hp buff and the tiger form and maybe a rez and minor heal(welspring) =paladins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nerf me now while you still can!b:infuriated