Hercules or Pheonix

Options
Roxmel - Sanctuary
Roxmel - Sanctuary Posts: 640 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Venomancer
Hi,so im saving up to get a Baby Hercules or Pheonix,but I cant decide which.I know Blazing Pheonix is better for PvP and Hercules is better for PvE, but which one should I get? o.o and im gonna change the subject to something odd:I just noticed that the Blazing Pheonix is really a FLAMING CHICKEN!!!!,and the hercules pet is well...ummm...FAT and UGLY.LOL
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -Roxmel- ;O
Post edited by Roxmel - Sanctuary on

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Herc and farm for nix is prob the most common answer you will get.

Although I got my nix first!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    It depends on where you play the most with your Veno in dungeons or outside the world.I would go with herc if spending most of your time in dungeons and in the world get the nix as you fight from the air.I see a lot of Venos at emolation(sp) camp with their nixs.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Neither, just keep making coin and playing. I think you'll know better later in the game.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Nehemiah - Harshlands
    Nehemiah - Harshlands Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    Neither, just keep making coin and playing. I think you'll know better later in the game.

why do you say that
  • dvptheman
    dvptheman Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    mhmm...Herc definitely :) You can take it into TT eventually, making it a pretty good money maker. Makes boss fights easier too. Nix is fast but I think Herc makes playing wayyy easier. You can just throw it into a bunch of mobs and leave it and don't have to worry about it dieing haha.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I got herc first and I think I made a good choice. I got enough cash for a nix and more, but dont really plan on getting one. They're a pain in the **** to level up, since all I do is fbs and CS.b:surrender Herc is a wonderful pet for soloing most of your mobs and bosses, even jewelscalen.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Lolite - Heavens Tear
    Lolite - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    It really depends on your experience playing perfect world. Because by the time you can obtain a herc or nix you would probably be in your lvl60's or 70's providing you do not use cash or a high lvl character to support your veno. By the time you are lvl60's, you will have enough experience and knowledge to know what you actually want and how it fits in with your playing style. Of course, doing background research on how herc and nix work is also important. Ultimately, you are the one to decide what you want.

(You might not want a herc/nix at all when you see every single high lvl veno has them b:chuckle just kidding)

I personally would go for nix first because I can't stand soloing dungeons all the time... Having a cookiecutter pet makes grinding much more enjoyable.
    Moved to WoW b:bye
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    It is not only what ^ said but if you plan on any type of TW.
    They're a pain in the **** to level up,
    They are not a pain you just have to know where.

It is what my first post is saying where do you play the most.I would even use the Nix on any boss in dungeons.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • CandyCaneNJ - Dreamweaver
    CandyCaneNJ - Dreamweaver Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    why do you say that

Ignore that. If you can afford it, get Baby Hercules and you will be overjoyed with your decision if you want to help out with Call of duties, your faction and your own quests. He makes grinding/quests SO much more easier. He's also hilarious to observe lol
  • CandyCaneNJ - Dreamweaver
    CandyCaneNJ - Dreamweaver Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    why do you say that
    It really depends on your experience playing perfect world. Because by the time you can obtain a herc or nix you would probably be in your lvl60's or 70's providing you do not use cash or a high lvl character to support your veno.

Why do you assume others are kids and unable to get the legendary pets extremely early? I am only level 37 and got mine two days ago. I had the cash and the prepaid PW cards to do so. Not everyone will take forever to get it thank goodness :)
  • Arshies - Sanctuary
    Arshies - Sanctuary Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I choose Nix first I like it more and I ususally play at solo and I think is more usefull for PK/TW
    Now i got a Shikou Valorian lv60 (fb59) for dungeons is a nice pet until get the Herc.

Anyway have fun with your Legendary pet
    b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • Walterthewf - Harshlands
    Walterthewf - Harshlands Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    you xp much much faster with a nix

you can farm TT with a herc solo but keep in mind everyone does this who has a herc so mats don't sell for a lot and saving for another 30m or whatever will take you a very long time
  • Lolite - Heavens Tear
    Lolite - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Why do you assume others are kids and unable to get the legendary pets extremely early? I am only level 37 and got mine two days ago. I had the cash and the prepaid PW cards to do so. Not everyone will take forever to get it thank goodness :)

Re-read what I said please. I did not assume others are kids and I said "providing you do not use cash or high lvl character to support your veno." Prepaid PW cards do count toward real life cash. If you do not use real life cash (INCLUDING pw prepaid cards) or high level character to support your veno, you will likely get your herc in your lvl 60's or lvl70's.

In addition, please try to keep your replies to answer her question. She wished to know if she should get a herc or nix.
    Moved to WoW b:bye
  • Roxmel - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Tomorrow I am going to choose what I should get Flaming Chicken(pheonix) and Big,Fat,Ugly(hercules).Still have time to say which I should get...before I choose...the results now are: Flaming Chicken:2 Big Ugly:3. I think those are the results cause some I didnt understand that well lol. Lets See How thing turns out!!Will Ugly win?or Chicken?COMMENT NOW TO CHOOSE!! btw if you think this is a spam plz comment below too ill tally that up lol
  • CryMeARiver - Harshlands
    CryMeARiver - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    When I got my nix i was lvl 5. You should hear the comments ppl make when they see a blue name with a nix. Its been great for me helped me level very quick and aside from pet books to keep it fed i save a ton of coin. I'll have my herc in about two more weeks then ill be set. I used my alt to fund my first pet the drop i get should just about cover the second.
  • Roxmel - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Options
    SAME RESULTS...Fire Chicken LOSES...BIG UGLY WINS...
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    fire chickens make more money though.
  • Sabariel - Lost City
    Sabariel - Lost City Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    fire chickens make more money though.

I agree, I grind with my nix and I kill things so fast that I make more money than I'd make with a herc in TT, plus I get exp.

I'd go for nix first. More fun, you own in PvP and you don't become a TT **** for your guild
    b:bye PW
  • Roxmel - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Options
    okay so now since people are "voting" again,ill do the same thing post the results some other day...RESULTS NOW:Flaming Chicken:4 Ugly:3.Results later ?. If you like your CHICKENS ON FIRE leave a comment if you like a FATTY leave a comment =P ill post results some other day...
  • Fatalvenom - Lost City
    Fatalvenom - Lost City Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    My advice is lower then level 50 get a nix 1st...higher then 50 get herc

Both are really good pets.... but herc really shines lev 70+

Nix really shines low level for killing fast. I killed faster with single target nix kills then aoe pulls of herc at the lower levels.

If money is going to be an issue get herc 1st and use it to farm FB's and *cough* HH *cough* with it...

I had both herc and nix from low level (sub lev 10) and I was able to get from lev 1-70 within 1 month with a nix just sticking to killing air mobs 20+ levels higher then me. You will fly up in levels insanely fast.

People tend to always assume nix is pvp only... but its great for open world mob grinding.
  • Azuresier - Sanctuary
    Azuresier - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I'm only lvl 33 but I'm trying to figure out which is best for me. I see tons of venos running around and in my faction. I would think that farming the dungeons just wouldnt gain much money. I think I'd be more about getting higher leveled faster. I wont be able to afford the nix/herc for many levels to come seeing as I've already bought inventory stone(max), drake, upgraded its speed, and a lvl 1 tome for my pet. Would the phoenix be better at that level or not. I like the idea of fast kills but the +150% phyD n magD just seems like it'd make the herc a beast to kill. Althought the nix sounds like it would destroy fast enough not to care.

p.s. im not on a pvp server if that matters
  • Arshies - Sanctuary
    Arshies - Sanctuary Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    If u can afford the Nix I recommend u get it, u can gain a lot of exp and drop stuff from air mobs. I remember my Nix lv48 tanking mobs lv70 with no much effort and tanking aoe bosses. Also Nix is better for TW/PK even if u are on a PvE server ;)

Most venos wants the Herc for farming on TT since lv70 is usefull cuz u can farming your stuff alone and manufacture your TT armors and weapons.
    Dont think get the Herc for farming TT and selling it many venos do it and maybe is a waste of time.

But im pretty sure if Nix will be able to go inside dungeons anyone will get the Herc (Ugly, fat, yellow boy )

Stats:HP Ata PhyD MagD Acc Dodge Atm/s Sm/s
    Herc: 4135 2672 8952 7161 2297 1225 0.8 8,1
    Nix: 3446 4096 8952 10742 2603 1531 1,0 10.9g

Also Nix comes with 3 skill u can teach it one more usually ppl teach it Flesh Realm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • moonlife
    moonlife Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    So ultimately...and preferrably from people who have both legendary pets, which would be best choice to get first to get money for the second? I'm a soloer so I really don't care much for helping other people with FBs or dungeons, I'd like to just know what will get me money to get the second the fastest...seemed like herc would be a good idea because of TT/HH and FB...but now every money making guide says that's a waste of time and market flood and that best route is DQ...air mobs/water mobs drop best so now it seems like nix would be better? Opinions from legendary owners (yes I've read the previous posts on opinions but they still aren't helping much in deciding because they all contradict each other)
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    If you're under level ~70, nix is the way to go. Not only will you level faster, but you'll kill faster and easier, and you'll save on repairs (even weapon repairs, cause nix kills so fast!). I got my herc first and honestly I wish I'd gotten my nix first because I got the big man when I was 60, and while he's good at grinding (barely ever have to heal) he has nowhere near the speed of the nix.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kunomi - Heavens Tear
    Kunomi - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I know this isn't my thread and all but I was wondering the same thing ...
    I really wanna get a nix now /I wanted a herc before I read this thread XD/ , but it's price is a HUGE issue ... b:sad
    Can anyone tell me how much the nix is? Like .. 20m too?
    That's impossible .__. Not many ppl can make that much money without spending real money as well b:faint
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Herc and Nix are the same price, one takes 9999 Source of Force, the other takes 9999 Phoenix Feathers.
  • Sabariel - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I know this isn't my thread and all but I was wondering the same thing ...
    I really wanna get a nix now /I wanted a herc before I read this thread XD/ , but it's price is a HUGE issue ... b:sad
    Can anyone tell me how much the nix is? Like .. 20m too?
    That's impossible .__. Not many ppl can make that much money without spending real money as well b:faint

It really depends on your server and the price of gold at that particular time

on Lost City, either pet will cost 26~30mil

Also, making that money isn't impossible. I farmed mid mats for a couple weeks and made enough Ultimate Substance to fund my nix.
  • Roxmel - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Okies well guess im getting a nix.!
  • Sabariel - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Okies well guess im getting a nix.!

good choice b:victory
  • Fastsnipe - Sanctuary
    Fastsnipe - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    id say nix first below lvl 60 or 70 but after id go with herc for cube and tt and all that good stuff