l0ki Posts: 93 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Archer
So, which one is best?
Post edited by l0ki on

Comments

• Nevermore - Heavens Tear
    Nevermore - Heavens Tear Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    If you max flight mastery then the normal white wings will be faster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Caeria - Heavens Tear
    Caeria - Heavens Tear Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    you dont have to get cash shop wings because you get new non mp using wings at lv 30 which are the Eagle Wings. its slower but if you have lv 5 flight mastery then u would match the speed of the cash shop wings. you also get better wings at lv 50. so id go for normal wings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Siggy by Santacruz

.:theempire.ucoz.com:.
  • Nevermore - Heavens Tear
    Nevermore - Heavens Tear Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    you dont have to get cash shop wings because you get new non mp using wings at lv 30 which are the Eagle Wings. its slower but if you have lv 5 flight mastery then u would match the speed of the cash shop wings. you also get better wings at lv 50. so id go for normal wings.

Flight Mastery only applies to the White Wings, it does NOT apply to Eagle wings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • travil
    travil Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Flight Mastery only applies to the White Wings, it does NOT apply to Eagle wings.

If that's true then they need to change the description of the passive ability because it specifically states that it increases the flight speed of winged elves, not that it increases the flight speed of "wings of the winged elf".
  • Pirates - Lost City
    Pirates - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    l0ki wrote: »
    So, which one is best?
    i say white wings because you dont have to spend real $. When you quit, the things you buy with $ won't return in your pocket and you look back...you see it's wasteful. i learned this becaue it's happeend to me before and i regret it so much..
    The sky isn't always blue
    The sun doesn't always shine
    It's alright to fall apart . . . sometimes. :)
  • travil
    travil Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Eagle Wings do not cost real money, it's a quest reward. For the sake of arguement, if winged elves were to never receive a pair of wings at level 1, then you could consider the eagle wings as their level 30 quest mount (like the other races get).
  • acolyte
    acolyte Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008

Is this 100% true? If so, cant we just have both?
    This game is getting more & more Hostility each day.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Faerun - Heavens Tear
    Faerun - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    acolyte wrote: »
    Is this 100% true? If so, cant we just have both?

I do hope this is false, it makes no sense to have flight mastery only affect a certain pair of wings, how would one go about testing this anyway ? :/
    And if it's true how do you get white wings that don't consume mana ? And is "white wings" a solid criteria ? Seems silly to me :(
  • slapsmcsux
    slapsmcsux Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I do hope this is false, it makes no sense to have flight mastery only affect a certain pair of wings, how would one go about testing this anyway ? :/
    And if it's true how do you get white wings that don't consume mana ? And is "white wings" a solid criteria ? Seems silly to me :(
    At level 9 my white wings, from putting ap in magic and dex, dont consue mana at all, so virtually i can fly forever. You dont need lvl 30 wings to fly continuosly
  • Celebren - Heavens Tear
    Celebren - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    sure with some points on magery the mana costs from lvl 1 wings can be equaled.

correct me if i'm wrong

For not getting those lvl 30 wings (which are slower but no mana use) you would have to miss this quest. Not sure if this is possible, i think this quest is a MUST to do for going on with others "education" quests - so no way to keep your lvl1 wings.

btw. has someone tried out / or and GM can please clear up if flight mastery also effects those eagle wings / all wings you get from quests ingame ?
    justice might be blind - but i also see in darkness
  • Merkator - Sanctuary
    Merkator - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Well, I recently got the lvl 30 Eagles Wings. I got to keep my white wings.

I had 3 points in flight mastery (not knowing they only affected Eagles Wings).

The Eagle Wings give you an inherent 0.5 speed boost, and a level 3 Flight Mastery gives you a 0.6 speed boost.

I went to the center of Archosaur and flew from the top of one statue to the other using a mouse click. Once with Eagle Wings, once with white wings. The time difference was less than 1 second, clocked with a stopwatch. That proves to me that flight mastery only applies to the white wings.

I was not actually surprised it doesn't apply to any other wings than white wings. Cash shop wings already make you go faster and can be upgraded. Stack that with Flight Mastery and Elves could be the fastest fliers in the game. While that would seem only natural as elves are born fliers, it would also unbalance the game in PvP. Fully upgraded cash shop wings on Elves, especially archers, would be able to engage/disengage targets at will. That would be too great an advantage for them in PvP.

One suggestion I think might work is to make it so that when not in PK mode flight mastery applies to all wings, and when in PK mode it only applies to white wings. I'm only 34 though, so it's possible that could also imbalance PvE in the later stages.
  • smoo
    smoo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008

The Eagle Wings give you an inherent 0.5 speed boost, and a level 3 Flight Mastery gives you a 0.6 speed boost.

I went to the center of Archosaur and flew from the top of one statue to the other using a mouse click. Once with Eagle Wings, once with white wings. The time difference was less than 1 second, clocked with a stopwatch. That proves to me that flight mastery only applies to the white wings.

I was not actually surprised it doesn't apply to any other wings than white wings. Cash shop wings already make you go faster and can be upgraded. Stack that with Flight Mastery and Elves could be the fastest fliers in the game. While that would seem only natural as elves are born fliers, it would also unbalance the game in PvP. Fully upgraded cash shop wings on Elves, especially archers, would be able to engage/disengage targets at will. That would be too great an advantage for them in PvP.

One suggestion I think might work is to make it so that when not in PK mode flight mastery applies to all wings, and when in PK mode it only applies to white wings. I'm only 34 though, so it's possible that could also imbalance PvE in the later stages.

At lvl 41, that actually sounds really well thought out. I have no idea why the skill wouldn't apply to eagle wings as well as white.
  • Celebren - Heavens Tear
    Celebren - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited October 2008

first thanks for your infos and testing.
    if i understand it correct (your statement in the bolder letters) you got your lvl 30 eagle wings from quest AND could also keep your lvl 1 white wings. So you can now change wings whenever you want ?
    That would be ok - FM on lvl 5 would give you +1.0 on white wings.
    Nevertheless would be nice to have FM on all normal ingame wings. Those cash shop wings - which are still faster - could be not infeccted with FM. So there would still be players who would buy cash shop wings for being faster and f2p ppl wouldnt be punished with slower wings for doing quests and grinding till lvl xx
    justice might be blind - but i also see in darkness
  • Kazue - Heavens Tear
    Kazue - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited October 2008

When i see someone run pass me with my eagle wings... i think its proven.
  • sheonite4000
    sheonite4000 Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    When i see someone run pass me with my eagle wings... i think its proven.

Only with yiyuan stones. lol
  • Themageor - Lost City
    Themageor - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    umm so does figth mastery affect eagel wings
  • Merkator - Sanctuary
    Merkator - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    umm so does figth mastery affect eagel wings

No, it does not.
  • guttx
    guttx Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    would be horrible if flight mastery only affected 1 type of wings. iv already trained on flight mastery 5 and then getting better wings in future would increase no speed? that wouldv just been a huge waste of spirit points. they shouldv just taken out the skill flight mastery if they only worked on 1 type of wings.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I think atm lvl 10 flight mastery with the white wings are the fastest in the game.

It only costs ~180k too.
  • de8dbolt
    de8dbolt Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I just started an archer and I happened to notice that in the skill description of flight master it states that the skill only effects the natural elf wings.
  • Volkner - Lost City
    Volkner - Lost City Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    So, if the eagle wings are a quest reward then what are the Elven Radiance wings in the cash shop? The awesome orange translucent ones? All this time I thought that you had to buy the eagle wings from the cash shop. >_< lol
    As the sun sets in the fire-blown sky, the advent of war falls upon us. I will go, fight for my nation, for my people. I will use my magic, to strike from a distance, never backing down. I will go, and bring glory to our kind. Because the time has come for this war to end. We need to band together and defeat the Wraiths. I will help make that happen. For I am a Wizard.
    ~The oath of a Wizard
    Volkner
    lvl 2x Mage
    Lost City
  • nauziem
    nauziem Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    White are your starting wings (obviously)
    Eagle are L30 quest reward wings (+0.5m/s)
    Bloodmist (+1.0m/s)[bat wings] are cash shop, req level 30
    Glitter Flaps (+1.5m/s)[butterfly] are cash shop, req level 30
    Elven Radiance (+1.5m/s)[transparent golden] are cash shop, req level 50
    Wings of Daedalus (+2.0m/s)[metal] were originally halloween event wings, but are now available in cash shop, req level 30.

All cash shop wings are upgradeable (via wind widgets), with a maximum speed of +3m/s.

White wings are upgradeable via the "Flight Mastery" ability, with a maximum speed of +2m/s, this ability does NOT affect any other wings. White wings also drain 2mana/second, while this can be negated, it will obviously still slow your mana regeneration, which is an issue while fighting in flight.

Eagle wings are not upgradeable in any way, but are generally preferrable to white wings in combat as they do not drain mana.
  • SupportAngel - Heavens Tear
    SupportAngel - Heavens Tear Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    So is it worth to invest into Flight Mastery if it wont work for Eagle Wings??
    -- I disagree with what you say. But I will fight to the death for your right to say it --
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Valkyun - Heavens Tear
    Valkyun - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I think both wings have their benefits. The white wings cost mp to use. That can be a real detriment to aerial combat, since you're rate of mp recovery is quartered when in combat mode. So since the eagle wings take no mp it's good for that. But they do go slower if you have upgraded flight mastery.

Now I've heard that you also get a new set of wings at level 50. Can anyone tell me if this is true?
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited November 2008

Now I've heard that you also get a new set of wings at level 50. Can anyone tell me if this is true?

they probably ment elven radiance from cash shop
  • Sepfiroth - Lost City
    Sepfiroth - Lost City Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Here's what I do, I put white wings and eagle wings in one of my skill slots. Right now my white wings are faster then the eagle wings, so I use them for traveling quickly. When I am in combat/ need to conserve mana, I switch to eagle wings.
  • ArcBuddy - Heavens Tear
    ArcBuddy - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Here's what I do, I put white wings and eagle wings in one of my skill slots. Right now my white wings are faster then the eagle wings, so I use them for traveling quickly. When I am in combat/ need to conserve mana, I switch to eagle wings.

I think that is a good strategy i'm going to start a new archer today i already have a lvl 22 one on lost city but me and a friend are starting new characters each on Heaven's Tear.
  • Vergas - Lost City
    Vergas - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I think Flight Mastery Affects the Eagle Wings because there are other wings that aren't "Natural Feather" wings like Bat wings and Butterfly wings
  • javsco
    javsco Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    See, now I'm confused. My normal wings, which we all get at the beginning, don't consume mana. If I'm fighting with a weapon with wings out this whole other bar starts to go down. But just flying ... nothing decreases.

And how do I get new skills? I should apparently be able to use Great Cyclone now but ... nothing.
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    javsco wrote: »
    See, now I'm confused. My normal wings, which we all get at the beginning, don't consume mana. If I'm fighting with a weapon with wings out this whole other bar starts to go down. But just flying ... nothing decreases.

HP and MP recovery is cut while in combat mode.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.