Some newbie questions...

Options
Eranora - Heavens Tear
Eranora - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
1. How long does a teleacustic last?

2. Is it possible to enjoy this game to the fullest, without buying Zen?

3. Can you purchase items from the Item Mall, in game, with in game money?

4. A lot of options that fall under the public relations tab are unavailable for me. Is that the same for everyone, or is there a level requirement, or an item requirement?

5. In Lord of the Rings Online, you can wear clothes for a cosmetic look, but still have your stat gear on, and choose what set of items you want to show. Is that how wearing clothes work here, or do you have to switch out clothes with stat gear if you want to look "pretty"?

I think that about sums up my newbie questions that I couldn't find using the search function.

I'd appreciate any help or advice you guys have for this newb.

Ciao! b:kiss
Post edited by Eranora - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Garmr - Harshlands
    Garmr - Harshlands Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    1.) Tele's are one-time-use only. Every time you World Chat, it uses one up.

2.) Yes. It's just slower and can be a little harder, but it's actually quite possible. (Edit: Actually, I should say that using the CS makes things go a lot faster, you can level just fine without any of those things but the people who spend a lot on training scrolls, charms, and the like can level super-fast. They also play 24/7 XD)

3.) Yes. You can turn Coins into Gold at the Auction House, and buy directly from the Cash Shop. You can also buy Cash Shop items from users in the Auction House or their Catshops in town.

4.) I think it's disabled right now.

5.) Works the same way here. There are different clothing tabs, you check off which you want to show - the equipment that helps you, or the pretty stuff that's just pretty.
    Leader of Howl on Harshlands (Recruiting.)

"Now Garmr howls loud before Gnipahellir, The fetters will burst, and the wolf run free..."

Howl! The winds of Ragnarok come borne upon this she-wolf's feet.
  • Eranora - Heavens Tear
    Eranora - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    1.) Tele's are one-time-use only. Every time you World Chat, it uses one up.

2.) Yes. It's just slower and can be a little harder, but it's actually quite possible. (Edit: Actually, I should say that using the CS makes things go a lot faster, you can level just fine without any of those things but the people who spend a lot on training scrolls, charms, and the like can level super-fast. They also play 24/7 XD)

3.) Yes. You can turn Coins into Gold at the Auction House, and buy directly from the Cash Shop. You can also buy Cash Shop items from users in the Auction House or their Catshops in town.

4.) I think it's disabled right now.

5.) Works the same way here. There are different clothing tabs, you check off which you want to show - the equipment that helps you, or the pretty stuff that's just pretty.

Thank you so much! That quickly answered all my questions. b:laugh
  • Tiaque - Sanctuary
    Tiaque - Sanctuary Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    1. Teles are "consumables" once you use one, it's gone...that's why many people carry a lot on them.

2. Cash shop items are usually for cosmetic flavor, and the vast majority of them have absolutely no "use" in game, other than this flavor. Mounts, instead of running; faster flying devices, instead of the default; automatic HP or MP regen, etc, etc. I know several players who have reached high levels without buying Zen once (see #3 for continued explanation)

3. Yes, you can either buy gold from the Auction House for 100-200k per gold. Alternatively, every item in the Item Mall is tradable, so you can buy Item Mall goods from other players (which is usually cheaper, at least on Sanc). If you choose not to buy Zen, it just means you have to grind up the cash to purchase some things.

4. Under your "Public Relations" Bar, you should have tabs for accessing (from left to right): your Pet Bag (available at anytime), Actions (available anytime), Nearby Players/Squad (always available), Friends (available anytime), Faction (unavailable if not in a Faction/Guild). You can get to these using the shortcut keys P, E, T, F, and G, respectively. The remaining tabs are not available in this version of the game yet, and PWI Radio....is a hassel.

5. With clothes, you can equip them while at the same time equipping your armor - basically, it's just a new "skin" for your armor, one that you can buy (either from CS or other players) and dye to your favorite color. You can easily toggle between showing your "pretty" clothes and your "uber" armor, and you're aren't forced to forgo one or the other for cosmetic sake.

Hope it helps ^^
    "In the end, its not about LA vs robe - which is better? Its about knowing your character and how to play it." ~Blosque, Sanctuary

Director of Tsunami
    Contact me in-game if you're looking for a new home!

Ayjia (5x veno), Celys (4x full support cleric), Eirel (3x claw blademaster)