Allow people to remain in shop while offline

Options
skycrzy
skycrzy Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Suggestion Box
like I said let people stay in their "kitty shops" while logged out. i cant stay online all night while i wait for someone to buy one or two exspensive items. you can limit what people buy to what coin they have on hand. if you did this u would help a lot of people out, people like me who have laptops or cant stay on because of whatever.
Post edited by skycrzy on

Comments

• LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Note to OP: Be ready for the flaming.
    Not going to be a very popular idea.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Briegg - Sanctuary
    Briegg - Sanctuary Posts: 584 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Hell no!

omg! do you have any idea how many catshops there would be?

plus what about the people that leave and then never come back

nuu bad idea
  • Skimi - Dreamweaver
    Skimi - Dreamweaver Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    just use auction house please
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    What you describe exists.. its called Auction House.
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Auction House is your friend.. and reduces lag, unlike what you are suggesting....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Calibria - Heavens Tear
    Calibria - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    skycrzy wrote: »
    like I said let people stay in their "kitty shops" while logged out. i cant stay online all night while i wait for someone to buy one or two exspensive items. you can limit what people buy to what coin they have on hand. if you did this u would help a lot of people out, people like me who have laptops or cant stay on because of whatever.

Yes, or get rid of them completely, freeing up lots of room, time and lag from the game. See my sugg thread- "Kitty's in the building revised" for other ideas related to this. In my case I have 1 pc. I find needing to keep a catshop open and not going on my runs when I want very annoying. Plus, were not allowed a second client open on the pc that can solve this specifically, but why? Why is this the rule when some people could go double on a 2nd pc to open shop. But see... my real gripe is the marketing system in general. We all know the how slow the process can be when buying/selling, negotiating through cat shop and PMs via WC, meanwhile auction house limits you to 24 hr visibility. I figure this system purposefully manages to keep you roaming and shortchanges you to full dependence on buying zen and/or gold.

My question and suggestion to PW would be how badly would a freestanding player run consumable (perishable) item market interfere with pwi's exclusives market? Couldnt you allow an open market for players to buy/sell a host of their own consumable stuff? These items would not be recycled back into stock or remain as long and thus not crash your sales. To control inflation simply install a time-lease item (a purchasable consumable contract or lease) for each player to fund and use for a limited time. This allows automated sale of particular items in their shop inventory (for longer than 24hrs) plus, lends enough time to browse and complete quick sales or set up purchase orders freeing up more time to do runs.

If you think this absolutely impedes the sale of exclusives and zen/gold, my choice would be to take the option of a player subscription just to promote the player run free market.
    Characters;
    CALIBRIA- main- active- *GRINDERS

XERACOTYL- semi-active- *DarkFlare

ASFAULT- active- *DarkFlare

Tired of babysitting your CATSHOP? Visit my suggestion threads: KITTYS IN THE BUILDING and KIB revised @pwi.com[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear
    Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    No need for this suggestion. You can already do this by simply cutting your Internet connection causing a disconnect from the server without closing the program and logging out. Why? Because this game has NO connectivity checks whatsoever. If you DC you will stay logged on indefinitely until you force yourself off.
  • Noarux - Sanctuary
    Noarux - Sanctuary Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    skycrzy wrote: »

I think if you want to sell something, and be offline, that's why they made the Auction House!b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jaeseu
    jaeseu Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Some people use AH because not everyone likes using AH or they don't want to bother with the AH fee.

I think that this is a good idea to have an offline shop...but, for offline shops or rather all kitty shops, period, they should be set off in a special map dedicated to just cat shops or something (<-something a lot of people already requested).
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I lol'd at the AH suggestion.

You can put something up for half the normal selling price for 24 hours and still not have it sell.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye