HP is low!

Repth - Harshlands
Repth - Harshlands Posts: 34 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Suggestion Box
We've all been there before. Grinding alone bored out of our minds or just plain distracted. Then that "HP is low" pop-up comes up and it's already too late. I think there should be an option to set when the warning comes up. It's activated too late for squishy characters and too early for some tank with 5k hp who doesn't really have to worry about hp until like 1k is left.

You should be able to choose anywhere from;
10% HP (More useful for a tank that doesn't have to worry about hp too much)
25% HP (Same as above)
50% HP (Someone a little more durable than a magic user but not quite a tank)
75% HP (This gives squishy characters ample time to snap out of day dreaming)

It wouldn't hurt anyone.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Repth - Harshlands on

Comments

• FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I suppose it couldn't hurt to have that option. Personally speaking, I've just gotten a feel for how many hits I can tank without having to rely on the hp is low warning. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Ebrithiill - Lost City
    Ebrithiill - Lost City Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I actually think this is a good idea. everytime that stupid low hp thing pops up its too late. but this problem is only necessary for people with low hp.
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    A personalised setting would sort this out - something in the UI asking at which HP% you'd like the warning to come up? I'd like that, I always notice too late ... but I probably would notice too late even if the notice came up at 80% b:chuckle.
  • Tiaque - Sanctuary
    Tiaque - Sanctuary Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I agree....when you have very little vit on top of being a squishy, the low HP warning comes half a second before you collapse dead, and even if you try and hit a pot, the delay causes you to be dead before it can be used.

Maybe an additive to this could be one for low MP warning, set up in a similar style?
    "In the end, its not about LA vs robe - which is better? Its about knowing your character and how to play it." ~Blosque, Sanctuary

Director of Tsunami
    Contact me in-game if you're looking for a new home!

Ayjia (5x veno), Celys (4x full support cleric), Eirel (3x claw blademaster)
  • Repth - Harshlands
    Repth - Harshlands Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    That would be really helpful too. It shouldn't be hard to implement such a feature.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Noarux - Sanctuary
    Noarux - Sanctuary Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    We've all been there before. Grinding alone bored out of our minds or just plain distracted. Then that "HP is low" pop-up comes up and it's already too late. I think there should be an option to set when the warning comes up. It's activated too late for squishy characters and too early for some tank with 5k hp who doesn't really have to worry about hp until like 1k is left.

You should be able to choose anywhere from;
    10% HP (More useful for a tank that doesn't have to worry about hp too much)
    25% HP (Same as above)
    50% HP (Someone a little more durable than a magic user but not quite a tank)
    75% HP (This gives squishy characters ample time to snap out of day dreaming)

It wouldn't hurt anyone.

I totally agree, plus what would be even a plus is to be able to set a potion to drink! (Some games actually do have this where your HP runs low, it warns you and you auto drink a potion, and they have it toggle able) Just saying this + that would be very helpful indeed!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]