Min Hp

Options
NeBaVi - Dreamweaver
NeBaVi - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Cleric
im wondering how much hp i should have for a cleric
like tt1-1 to survive drum boss aoe etc
1-2 tentacle boss aoe
atm i have 1.1k hp and i dun even need more for grinding so i don't even bother to add vit and i want to not add any vit in future too(well live on hp shards), so can anyone tell me what amount of hp i should need to not die in tts/fbs?
Post edited by NeBaVi - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Eclipse - Dreamweaver
    Eclipse - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    hm...im just throwin numbers out there...but 2k+ for drum in 1-2 and 3k+ for tentacle boss just to be safe, these are unbuffed btw. people with more accurate numbers please correct me if i'm wrong
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Drumy ~2k+ in TT1-2
    Tent guy ~3k+ buffed
    b:dirty
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I would say at your lvl around a 1100.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I would say at your lvl around a 1100.

Did you ever do a TT?b:shocked
  • Terraa - Lost City
    Terraa - Lost City Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I've done TT quite a few times between levels 60 till now; run through at least 20 ult subs doing 1-1 and 1-2, and successfully dropped FB69 with no more than a 70 barb, 70 bm, myself and a 64 cleric (over the course of about 2 hours wined, though; it's not recommended~). I've had fairly extensive looks into the damage output of the AEs of plenty of mobs, mostly because there's not much else for a BB cleric to do than to stare blankly at my screen, maybe tab out and play some minesweeper.

For all the bosses in fb69 and for Lord of Percussion/Soul Banisher though, you need some information first. The longer the mob is alive, the more damage it's going to put out. I've run 1-1 squad mode successfully with 6 people and myself being the only cleric at 60 with just Regeneration Aura, and won without ever taking 1k damage worth of an AE. On the other hand, I've tried 1-1 squad with a bm and a barb as sole dps, dying to a one-shot AE with 1.7k hp buffed. That's the first thing to consider; do you plan on bringing a lot of dps, or do you plan on whittling him down?

Secondly, remember that the AEs are physical based. If you're a LA cleric (I wear Arcane myself), you might not need more than 1.5k for LoP throughout all of Requiem, depending on your physical resists; I haven't tried it, but I do have 46% reduction fully buffed (about ~2400 at 60, which will give you ~29% phys res versus a level 150 mob) stacked on with 50% from BB, and can tell you from 1-1 that 1.7k is enough with a full squad, and 2.1k is enough for 1-2 w/ the same squad, for both LoP and Banisher.

But keep those two in mind. This game isn't as simple as "how much hp do i need to do x", and I still cringe when people consider it as such. I'll put it to you this way: if you bring 5 nix/herc venos along with yourself, you probably won't need more than 900 hp to survive LoP 1-1, but if you bring 5 other clerics who spend most of the fight holding down their Cyclone hotkey, there will never be a point when any amount of hp will keep you alive.

tl;dr: 45 base vit is sufficient throughout the 60s with no hp shards or refinement.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Torsay - Sanctuary
    Torsay - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    if you got about 9k wood resist then 1,5k hp is just enough for drummer

there is also another boss that does wood aoe dmg in TT2-1 or TT2-2, cant remember the name
  • NeBaVi - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    Options

on others chars yeah
    and i often see clerics die at those bosses from aoe, thats why i made this thread. i don't wanna be one of those dying clerics

atm im pure arcane, trying to find gears with +p.def(shard with hp gems) or +vit/hp(shard with p.def gems)

thanks guys for answers :)
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Yes I did TT60 at lvl 50 in a former faction I was in.I was the only Cleric at the time with 3 other 2 Venos and a Barb.We caled another Cleric as the Venos kept dieing as they sent their pets in and the Barb was just waiting untill the boss was at 50% or lower.

The other Cleric said to me the Barb should of attacked sooner.

I think this is the boss we were fighting.http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mob/14619
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Hsuzumiya - Sanctuary
    Hsuzumiya - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    You already have your numbers above,

2200+ and 3200+ = safe (Or even 2000 and 3000 depending on gear)

Those are buffed and easy to get so you dont need to worry.

Personally I'd say for stats go with 1str 1vit rest all into magic. (Can always add more vit if your super worried) every 2 lvls/

Now, just always get gear with a socket in it and put an average critine in.

Later on, refine your gear to plus1 to get extra hp for cheap (Dont worry about plus 2 at your lvl not worth it)

Once you get around 70 +2 all ur gear and you can keep average shards.

Since your worried about HP now, its good to look into later levels when you RB (75-85) you want to have around 3500 hp base.
  • NeBaVi - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    Options
    thanks
    not rly interested in RB
    atm all my gears and belt/necklace have +p.def so i can easy shard them with hp gems, but some arcane tt70 gears dont have +p.def, should i search for 3* gears in those places?
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    Options
    thanks
    not rly interested in RB
    atm all my gears and belt/necklace have +p.def so i can easy shard them with hp gems, but some arcane tt70 gears dont have +p.def, should i search for 3* gears in those places?

Heh good question. There was a discussion in general area about this.
    Some good and valid opinions are there, tho they dont match clerics so i am in a process of writing whats better and when ;p.
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    if you got about 9k wood resist then 1,5k hp is just enough for drummer

there is also another boss that does wood aoe dmg in TT2-1 or TT2-2, cant remember the name

You've been grinding too many hexocs =P
    Drummer (and ALL other aoeing TT bosses) have a physical aoe. Wood resist does absolutely nothing. Vipenalt in 1-x TTs has a hard hitting single target wood magic attack, but I doubt you'll see an arcane barb tanking him at a distance anyway =P
  • Torsay - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Options
    You've been grinding too many hexocs =P
    Drummer (and ALL other aoeing TT bosses) have a physical aoe. Wood resist does absolutely nothing. Vipenalt in 1-x TTs has a hard hitting single target wood magic attack, but I doubt you'll see an arcane barb tanking him at a distance anyway =P

If that was truth I would get owned with about 1,6k hp and ~600 phys def... but somehow in my wood resist suit I survive everytime.
  • yasii
    yasii Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Heh good question. There was a discussion in general area about this.
    Some good and valid opinions are there, tho they dont match clerics so i am in a process of writing whats better and when ;p.

I eagerly await your uber cleric guide Nelae! b:thanks
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    If that was truth I would get owned with about 1,6k hp and ~600 phys def... but somehow in my wood resist suit I survive everytime.

It's DPS related though. Ask your squad to stop attacking when he's at 5% hp. I guarantee you you'll get owned after a couple of hits no matter what your wood resist may be. And the fact that you're wearing a wood resist set doesn't change the fact that that it IS in fact, a physical based aoe. Pretty much all the skull looking aoes are. Don't trust me - have a veno bramble everyone in the squad, a skill which only reflects physical attacks. That includes drummer and soulbanisher on 1-x, feng and ancient evil on 2-x (and fataliqua on solo mode), coredash and twilight emperor on 3-x. Every one of the bosses listed has a physical aoe. And yes, klath made a boo boo in his guide when he said feng does a water aoe. It's actually a rather weak physical one =P
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    Options
    yasii wrote: »
    I eagerly await your uber cleric guide Nelae! b:thanks

I dont see you writing anything useful.
    And no it wont be uber, it will be simple math showing whats better and when.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

Another Cleric guide? b:surrender

Well good for you for writing one, but I am of firm belief that people should not be writing Class Guides until they are at least high 8x if not 9x.

The 7x's are when you are starting to consider your path IF you reach level 89 and the 80's just suc in general. And the game changes in your 80's. Keep in mind as a Cleric mid 80's and up ---> be prepared to have extra armor to change out, especially if you are going to do some serious aoe grinding on higher level mobs.

I look forward to reading it.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Well Rose unless 1+1=7, math will not change at any lv. Could be wrong tho ;p
    And no it wont be a class guide, just few crunched numbers when you want to chose shards.
  • Torsay - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Options
    It's DPS related though. Ask your squad to stop attacking when he's at 5% hp. I guarantee you you'll get owned after a couple of hits no matter what your wood resist may be. And the fact that you're wearing a wood resist set doesn't change the fact that that it IS in fact, a physical based aoe. Pretty much all the skull looking aoes are. Don't trust me - have a veno bramble everyone in the squad, a skill which only reflects physical attacks. That includes drummer and soulbanisher on 1-x, feng and ancient evil on 2-x (and fataliqua on solo mode), coredash and twilight emperor on 3-x. Every one of the bosses listed has a physical aoe. And yes, klath made a boo boo in his guide when he said feng does a water aoe. It's actually a rather weak physical one =P

I dont really know anything about TTs. I didnt say I dont trust you Ninnuam. Just trying to say there is something odd about it. The aoe hurts me more if I got light armor on.

Nice list of bosses there I guess. :P

Well I dont do TTs often. Only if people really need me. I find TTs as a waste of time.

Just test me out if you dont believe.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Well Rose unless 1+1=7, math will not change at any lv. Could be wrong tho ;p
    And no it wont be a class guide, just few crunched numbers when you want to chose shards.

Math is not always the do all. You (at the higher levels) have to take a ton of things into consideration.

But I will wait for the guide. No sense in getting into it until I can see your numbers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Torsay - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Another Cleric guide? b:surrender

Well good for you for writing one, but I am of firm belief that people should not be writing Class Guides until they are at least high 8x if not 9x.

The 7x's are when you are starting to consider your path IF you reach level 89 and the 80's just suc in general. And the game changes in your 80's. Keep in mind as a Cleric mid 80's and up ---> be prepared to have extra armor to change out, especially if you are going to do some serious aoe grinding on higher level mobs.

I look forward to reading it.....

I am sorry but I dont understand you. And I guess you dont understand me but you still try to tell me I am wrong because of some other thing I cant have a clue about? Is that the right question?

I do have my second set of armor for aoe grinding.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I am sorry but I dont understand you. And I guess you dont understand me but you still try to tell me I am wrong because of some other thing I cant have a clue about? Is that the right question?

I do have my second set of armor for aoe grinding.

I was not responding to you and I never said YOU were wrong nor did I say Nelae.

Please re-read what I wrote b:chuckle

I was making a generalized comment so I do not know to whom you were responding too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• yasii
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I dont see you writing anything useful.
    And no it wont be uber, it will be simple math showing whats better and when.

b:puzzledb:puzzled

Gosh I think you may have taken what I said the wrong way! =X

I do find your posts rather knowledgeable so I was genuinely interested in reading more on your ideas! b:beatup

lol ya ya i'll write something useful one of these days- fingers crossed! b:chuckle
  • yasii
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I was not responding to you and I never said YOU were wrong nor did I say Nelae.

I was making a generalized comment so I do not know to whom you were responding too.

keke nice retort! you should be in politics! XD

(gz on exec btw b:thanks)
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Options
    yasii wrote: »
    keke nice retort! you should be in politics! XD

(gz on exec btw b:thanks)

b:thanks gsdgd
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    im wondering how much hp i should have for a cleric
    like tt1-1 to survive drum boss aoe etc
    1-2 tentacle boss aoe
    atm i have 1.1k hp and i dun even need more for grinding so i don't even bother to add vit and i want to not add any vit in future too(well live on hp shards), so can anyone tell me what amount of hp i should need to not die in tts/fbs?
    Aside from the HP, the lvl of your avatar worries me more if that is the lv you plan to use TT in. Unless your going for the sub healer, you would want BB. >.< Terraa sums it up tho.
    I've done TT quite a few times between levels 60 till now; run through at least 20 ult subs doing 1-1 and 1-2, and successfully dropped FB69 with no more than a 70 barb, 70 bm, myself and a 64 cleric (over the course of about 2 hours wined, though; it's not recommended~). I've had fairly extensive looks into the damage output of the AEs of plenty of mobs, mostly because there's not much else for a BB cleric to do than to stare blankly at my screen, maybe tab out and play some minesweeper.

For all the bosses in fb69 and for Lord of Percussion/Soul Banisher though, you need some information first. The longer the mob is alive, the more damage it's going to put out. I've run 1-1 squad mode successfully with 6 people and myself being the only cleric at 60 with just Regeneration Aura, and won without ever taking 1k damage worth of an AE. On the other hand, I've tried 1-1 squad with a bm and a barb as sole dps, dying to a one-shot AE with 1.7k hp buffed. That's the first thing to consider; do you plan on bringing a lot of dps, or do you plan on whittling him down?

Secondly, remember that the AEs are physical based. If you're a LA cleric (I wear Arcane myself), you might not need more than 1.5k for LoP throughout all of Requiem, depending on your physical resists; I haven't tried it, but I do have 46% reduction fully buffed (about ~2400 at 60, which will give you ~29% phys res versus a level 150 mob) stacked on with 50% from BB, and can tell you from 1-1 that 1.7k is enough with a full squad, and 2.1k is enough for 1-2 w/ the same squad, for both LoP and Banisher.

But keep those two in mind. This game isn't as simple as "how much hp do i need to do x", and I still cringe when people consider it as such. I'll put it to you this way: if you bring 5 nix/herc venos along with yourself, you probably won't need more than 900 hp to survive LoP 1-1, but if you bring 5 other clerics who spend most of the fight holding down their Cyclone hotkey, there will never be a point when any amount of hp will keep you alive.

tl;dr: 45 base vit is sufficient throughout the 60s with no hp shards or refinement.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Torsay - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Options

But you quoted me?

I guess I am better out of this discussion.
  • StrongWings - Sanctuary
    StrongWings - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    thanks
    not rly interested in RB

Hmm just want to say that TT or 3* gear is waste of money from my point of view at lower lvls, except the weapon for sure. I use just normal 1* arcane gear with decent stats (i go for +hp and +ph.def) and can get gear for quite good prize so i have spared money to add sockets and refine it. Now my gear is all with 3 sockets with average citrine shards and +1 and I am happy with it.
    True is that some items from arcane TT80 gold and TT90 are very good so I will go for them when I will be that lvl.
    Just now I have bought Sleeves of Captain - those have -6% channeling and I think are good when combined with other -%channeling items and weapons.
    So I think dont look for just 3* and try also 1* and 2*, they can be really good items. :)