Answer to the Eternal Question - Which is the best class?

totale
totale Posts: 3 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
It really depends on you and is up to you. You will have more fun and lvl faster in a class you enjoy playing, because a cleric might be all "squishy" and vulnerable however a lvl 80 cleric still can beat a lvl 1 barbarian.

However you might want to check this out. This is based on PvP rankings and lvl.

According to the results of the study archers are the best class followed by venomancers and then clerics, then wizards which is tied with barbarians, and finally blademasters.

This study was performed in this method:

We kept a tally, a list of the classes. We took the top 10 ranked PvP people and then put a mark by their class. Do note that this is a comprehensive study including all servers. Then we put an additional mark to the number 1 ranked PvP person's class. Then we reviewed the highest lvl list. The top 2 highest lvl's on each server had a mark put next to their class.

Here are the precise results:

Blademaster IIII 4
Wizard IIIIII 6
Barbarian IIIIII 6
Venomancer IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII 16
Archer IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII 20
Cleric IIIIIIIIIIIII 13

However I maintain the theory that you should play whatever class suits you.

I do realize this study is mostly PvP and the PvE aspect has not been considered as much.

Do note that you should not make steadfast decisions about what class to play and what class is the best based on this study. Its purely to help people not to command them.

The material provided is subject to change without notice. Also the material may be out of date and therefore incorrect however in most cases the general concept will remain the same.

**YOU ARE WELCOME TO USE THIS STUDY AND THIS POST AND POST IT OTHER PLACES AS LONG AS YOU CREDIT IT TO " toTaLe "**

Thank you.
Post edited by totale on

Comments

• XxRaynaHeart - Sanctuary
    XxRaynaHeart - Sanctuary Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Your thing is basically right. But I'll just add a power thing. based of power of class.

Wizards (Highest dmg)
    Archers (CRITICAL SHOT!!)
    Venomancers (Tanks and DD in one!)
    Blademasters (No comment)
    Barbarians (Tanking time >:0)
    Clerics (Not great power wise, but their supporter skills make up for it)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MizukiMinoru ll Charisma Executor ll Active
  • Reminissions - Sanctuary
    Reminissions - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    This study can't be right .
    Without QQ , but with realism , Veno can't PK easily if they have no nix .
    Second , PvP isn't all about the power of a class . It's about skill . You can be an awesome PVE'r and sucks at PvP . :)
  • turtlewax
    turtlewax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    If you think the study is incorrect you are welcome to repeat it and (in)validate the results. If you think the approach is flawed, state so and propose - and implement - a better one.
    But just saying that these results must be wrong and 'not realistic' because they do not coincide with your beliefs, is just plain silly.
  • Ichimokusan - Sanctuary
    Ichimokusan - Sanctuary Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    The best class is the one that is someone's favorite and they like to play it. I've tried rolling other classes but I'm just an archer-type in most MMOs and can't really get past it.
  • mattymatgod
    mattymatgod Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    im the opposite, i absolutely hate the idea of hving to buy ammo all the time even if it is cheap i like wizards or barbs
  • Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Ranged classes are on the top of pking list cause they have range, basically ranged classes kill the oponent before it reaches then and easily gain some pvp points. For a barb and BM they need to get near opponent and sometimes they die before shoting the ranged class.

Plus barbs and Bms require nice armours and weapons, bith of then are not damage dealers (a Bm attack its only a bit more than barb attack), they are hard to level and expensive classes.

When they have the final gears.. the own you every day. But to reach that phase.. you need to sweat first
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
  • Randoms - Dreamweaver
    Randoms - Dreamweaver Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I think its more like Archers are more tend to PK.
    Fact that we are ranged helps too.b:chuckle

Well, ELVENPOWER FTW
    I kill things b:victory
  • Urraj - Dreamweaver
    Urraj - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Blademaster - If you like getting in the face of a monster and slamming hammers and axes in it, then Blademaster is for you!

Wizard - For when you want your damage to be from far, far away...

Barbarian - Aggro magnet. If you love the feeling of being attacked by 400 monsters at the same time and be the last guy standing after it's all done and over with, then you'll love the barbarian. Anyway, being a hulking tigerman gives you a better chance of landing the girls than any scrawny Human or Elf.

Venomancer - For the pet lovers. This class is like having a mini group. You got your support/tank and your ranged damage. It's the tag team that you have total control over!

Archer - For when you want your damage to get there faster than the Wizard, but just a little shorter on the range, I believe.

Cleric - Great healy and support class. Too bad at the beginning of level 19, you'll get the **** spammed out of you for group help. I think this is why I don't see many Clerics running around and see more in hiding every day.

As for me, I prefer the Venomancer. I got my damage and support in one character and don't have to beg (often) for a group unless it's someone that just jammed my Pakata up my nose the last fight...
  • Tiburon - Harshlands
    Tiburon - Harshlands Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    The class is good if it suits the player. Take cleric, my class. Play it wrong and it turns out squishy and helpless and nothing more than a support class. Play it right and can be the scariest thing you'll ever see and lategame impossible to kill. An archer is easy to play in pvp. But if you suck at it or you are not in sync with it's playingstyle it fails miserably. Is all about choosing wisely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nerf me now while you still can!b:infuriated
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    You know this as you are in what faction and what server?
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Urraj - Dreamweaver
    Urraj - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Yep! It's all about the playing style!
  • Anders - Lost City
    Anders - Lost City Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Science or Phys Ed Imo.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Best class does not mean the EASIEST to lvl.
    Your lack of psychology amazes me too. It is only natural that pple who prefer PVP will pick the class that that LOOKS full on attacker. Those pple usually lvl fast so they are not given the time to hop around classes to test each out, thus they stick to their first impression.

Easy to Lvl,
    Immediate results in dmg and stats

Venomancer
    Archer
    Blademaster
    Cleric
    Wizard
    Barbarian

Harder to lvl,
    Dmg and stats show true potential after 90s
    (ever seen a barb 'arma' camp TW spawns?)

As the classes get harder to lvl, and as the lvl progresses, those classes are like the diamond in the rough. Archers are like the only class, that when in TT, they die the fastest if no one assists them. Other classes have skills that tend to keep them alive a bit longer, even the wizards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Best class does not mean the EASIEST to lvl.
    Your lack of psychology amazes me too. It is only natural that pple who prefer PVP will pick the class that that LOOKS full on attacker. Those pple usually lvl fast so they are not given the time to hop around classes to test each out, thus they stick to their first impression.

Easy to Lvl,
    Immediate results in dmg and stats

Venomancer
    Archer
    Blademaster
    Cleric
    Wizard
    Barbarian

Harder to lvl,
    Dmg and stats show true potential after 90s
    (ever seen a barb 'arma' camp TW spawns?)

As the classes get harder to lvl, and as the lvl progresses, those classes are like the diamond in the rough. Archers are like the only class, that when in TT, they die the fastest if no one assists them. Other classes have skills that tend to keep them alive a bit longer, even the wizards.

wizard is an easy class to level
    just gets hard at 30-40
    past that its insanely easy
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • ethorin
    ethorin Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    hahahahahahahahahahahahaha, i can play anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but right now i cant play anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lololololololololololololol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! updating takes etertinity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    ethorin wrote: »
    hahahahahahahahahahahahaha, i can play anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but right now i cant play anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lololololololololololololol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! updating takes etertinity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

go back to that penguin game on miniclip. Your kind isn't welcome here.