high hitting pvp class?

Options
iamkobebryant
iamkobebryant Posts: 3 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Arigora Colosseum
Hi. im realy new to this game and im really interested in pvp. my playing style is more towards high hitting instead of conservative and def. i want to be a good solo class that can handle themselves. and, if its not too much to ask (although i know it is) id like a class that can pk right from 30. thx!
Post edited by iamkobebryant on

Comments

• Dakaruch - Lost City
    Dakaruch - Lost City Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    The highest dmg classes in this game are wizards and archers. Even though for mages it takes a while to become awesome in pvp, and the low lvls will be hard cause you'll have low HP and most mobs are physical.
    Archers are pretty good at pvp cause of the high crit rate, evasion and accuracy.
    Although this are like the dd classes in game, for pvp and pve, there are other classes that do good in pvp, and basically you can do good in pvp with any char if you know what you're doing. Archers and wizards just deal more dmg then other classes >.>
  • iamkobebryant
    edited July 2009
    Options
    thx alot. also wat does a "veno with nix mean?"
  • Dakaruch - Lost City
    Dakaruch - Lost City Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Venomancer with a phoenix(nix) pet... Really annoying cause of the stuns, and if the veno decides on giving the phoenix flesh ream, it is enough to kill most robes simply with that b:laugh
  • iamkobebryant
    edited July 2009
    Options
    so in ur opinion wats the best pvp class? veno with nix sounds good, i also heard a wizard at high lvl is.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Well your gonna be shelling out big bucks for a nix. If you want a class that can hit hard and is good for pvp I would say archers. Mages are good for hitting hard (really good) but they aren't able to pvp as soon as they hit 30, they don't really shine until near endgame.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Tiburon - Harshlands
    Tiburon - Harshlands Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    If you want to pk when you're 30 avoid wizards at any cost. Also it takes a while to buy a nix so venos need to wait until 50. Barbarians need to wait until 60 to get really good pvp skills. But they do get the strongest skill in the game.
    Here's what you can choose for early pkers:
    -Archers are decent at lvl 30 but they still lack one magical attack to be a real threat to heavy armors and they kinda need 2 later skills (stun shot and deadly shot) to deal with robes efficiently.
    -Clerics are the second best pker at lvl 30.(If not the first). Best magic defence for that lvl, best physical defence(plume shell+mana charm=b:bye), relatively high hp due to hp build. Cleric is good cuz all robes around your lvl are 3 shot with spark+plume shot and if you get thunderstorm for your genie there's a good chance heavies die easy too. Raise plume shell and spam Ironheart healing and no one will even scratch you.
    -Blademasters with axes are the best for lvl 30 pk. They get all their stunlock skills before they reach lvl 30. So you can just stun your enemies forever.
    b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nerf me now while you still can!b:infuriated
  • Cgl_ifrit - Harshlands
    Cgl_ifrit - Harshlands Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    no1 said anything about bm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] u people make me stupid
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    bms arent a solo pk class.

nor do they deal high damage
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    bms arent a solo pk class.

nor do they deal high damage

axe bm's dont deal high dmg. every polearm bm i've ran into hurts like hell
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Tyed - Dreamweaver
    Tyed - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    axe bm's dont deal high dmg. every polearm bm i've ran into hurts like hell
    I second that too
  • Garmr - Harshlands
    Garmr - Harshlands Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Jumping into PK at level 30 is a tricky business. Keep in mind that attacking/killing others will change the color of your name. When your name turns red, you run the risk of dropping both inventory and equipped items when you die from another player. And other players LOVE to go after red-names. For one, it indicates they might be more of a PvP challenge. For another, they have a good chance to drop candy when you hit them hard enough.

So you will quickly find that, as you go along PKing people near your level, people 40 levels above you will suddenly start following YOU. And you will die. A lot. Because while any class can try PK at 30, the fact of the matter is, most of the PvPers (on Harshlands at least) are level 50 or 70 or higher. And they will pwn a 30 no matter what the class mix.

Especially if the PKer is a 70+ wizard. They HURT. While Wizard is a harder class to play, they do very nice damage relative to everyone else from the very beginning. And it's magic damage, which hits Blademasters and Barbarians for a lot, since their Heavy Armor doesn't protect well against it. The other classes either go Light or Arcane, which gives more magic defense.

Comparing Wizard and Archer at level 70, attacking a level 31 barb: Wizard killed me 3 times during a Wraith event, for over 2.5-3k each hit. No criticals. Archer killed me 6 times during the event, for 200, 300, 500, 600, or 2.5k each hit. The Wizard oneshot me each time. The archer oneshot me once with a 2.5k crit. It took her an average of 5 shots most of the time - 3 shots if the last was a crit, up to 8 shots if she didn't crit at all. If they were fighting someone their own level, the Wizard's hits would have been much more favorable for taking out a level 70 HP bar, and busting past a HP Charm. There's still a chance for a Wizard to be dangerous to me when I'm a level 70 barb if I play poorly. The archer? Not so much. But then, the Wizard is about the only thing by that point that can mess with a Barb effectively becaust it takes huge hits to take out a barb's massive HP, especially since barbs tend to wear charms.

I can't weigh in truly on what would be the best DD PvP class at level 30. Haven't attempted attacking with my 3x wizard yet, since I'd rather get her leveled to blast things in TW than run around with a red name on a lowby squishy XD And I've only just started an Archer. I must say though, I'm finding Archer to be the second most boring class to play for me. First is Veno. I'm not sure if I'll ever level her again because it's just too dull to throw the pet. For the most fun while playing, my vote goes to Wizard and Barbarian. And for me, it's the fun that matters. If the grind to get to where I need to be is horrendously boring, why play that class? You can change things up well as a wizard or a barb, and they have their own unique styles. So I have a good time with them. (Blademaster comes in third for great animations and flexible playability. Not to mention awesome skillset.)
    Leader of Howl on Harshlands (Recruiting.)

"Now Garmr howls loud before Gnipahellir, The fetters will burst, and the wolf run free..."

Howl! The winds of Ragnarok come borne upon this she-wolf's feet.
  • Fuhjeebies - Harshlands
    Fuhjeebies - Harshlands Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    when i was picking my class i saw that mages are the endgame "run the **** away mage! mage!! MAGE!! GOGOGO!!!..dead"

then i saw that archers are mage killers and i thought eh?

now i know why ^^ yes a mage will pwn u in 3 shots or less but if u stun them first they are dogmeat and i mean like really easy to kill but i am only 45 so i know am takin' a kicking later from those guys ><

in my honest opinion if u want "safe" pvp roll a vit barb and just stun and bleed like a **** because at the end of the day they have the highest defense and deffo waaaaay the highest hp so therefore ppl tend to just run past you and pwn the squishy guys (mages, archers, veno's)

what i DO want to see is a lvl 90 strong archer (not fully pure dex more str) against a robe mage or LA mage the same lvl not a duel but a good old no holds barred "whose got the **** dps nao babby" kinda fight hmmm maybe nurfed and nova? oooh someone fraps that ****