Wood 1 - Water 1 - Earth 1

Energy 130
Stamina 200
Instant
Cooldown 60 seconds
Requisite Class All

Summons a Tree of Protection.
Increases max HP by 60% for 5 seconds.
Restores 25% of your max HP every 3 seconds for 6 seconds.

Dexterity: Every 40 Genie Dexterity points increases the max HP duration by 1 second.

Question: If I add 40 dex and increase the max hp buff duration to 6 secs, will the heal tick twice while the buff is on duration or will the buff dispel before the 2nd heal tick?

It's a difference between a 65% heal and a 80% heal... kinda important for me. If you don't get it, here's a simple formula.

100% max hp + buff = 160%
heals 2 x 40% (25% of 160%) = 80% heal of original hp
Post edited by SnuglyZero - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    From how it's worded, I would assume you wouldn't get another restoration until your dex gets to 120... at the additional 3 seconds added.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Garmr - Harshlands
    Garmr - Harshlands Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I believe the heal would still tick only twice, since it doesn't say anything about adding extra ticks. The max HP would just stay there one second longer. So your Max HP would go to 160 instantaneously, you'd heal 25% three seconds later, then another 25% (for 50% of 160% HP) three seconds after that. Healing is over but your max HP will still be 160% for 1 more second = 6 second effect time.

So basically it will only ever heal you for 50% of the expanded HP bar. It's good to cast when you're at 50% of your regular HP bar to keep a charm from ticking. Or, if no charm, when you're creeping towards dead. You just shouldn't wait too long if it's a boss you're battling 'cause they can pile that damage faster than those first 3 seconds until Heal takes effect.
    Leader of Howl on Harshlands (Recruiting.)

"Now Garmr howls loud before Gnipahellir, The fetters will burst, and the wolf run free..."

Howl! The winds of Ragnarok come borne upon this she-wolf's feet.
  • Arliana - Dreamweaver
    Arliana - Dreamweaver Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    thats not what he's asking, what he means is since your max hp goes up, when u get healed the second time, does it count your hp as buffed or unbuffed for the second heal.
  • Garmr - Harshlands
    Garmr - Harshlands Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    The Heal and Buff are totally separate.

You start out with 2 heals at 3 second intervals over 6 seconds - you Cast Tree, get healed for 25% at 3 seconds in, and another 25% at 6 seconds in. Since the Healing aspect only lasts for 6 seconds, it's done then.

The Buff starts out being 5 seconds long. another 40 Dex on the genie makes it 6 seconds long. It's totally independent from the Heal. Another second only means that your Buff will now last until your healing is over. Which might, theoretically, get you a *little* extra HP.

Since the 25% HP Heal is based on current HP, with the buff in effect you get 25% of 160% of your HP with the first heal, guaranteed. But if the buff lasts 5 seconds, the second heal at 6 seconds will be 25% of your NORMAL HP. With an extra 40 dex, the buff lasts 1 second longer, so the second Heal will also be based on 160% HP.
    Leader of Howl on Harshlands (Recruiting.)

"Now Garmr howls loud before Gnipahellir, The fetters will burst, and the wolf run free..."

Howl! The winds of Ragnarok come borne upon this she-wolf's feet.
  • SnuglyZero - Sanctuary
    SnuglyZero - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    From how it's worded, I would assume you wouldn't get another restoration until your dex gets to 120... at the additional 3 seconds added.

Uh dude, the hp buff last 5 secs. The first tick I've confirmed 25% of the buffed hp. It'd only take an extra 40 to boost it an extra sec to 6. I'm wondering if the buff ends at 6 before the 2nd heal is able to count.
    I believe the heal would still tick only twice, since it doesn't say anything about adding extra ticks. The max HP would just stay there one second longer. So your Max HP would go to 160 instantaneously, you'd heal 25% three seconds later, then another 25% (for 50% of 160% HP) three seconds after that. Healing is over but your max HP will still be 160% for 1 more second = 6 second effect time.

So basically it will only ever heal you for 50% of the expanded HP bar. It's good to cast when you're at 50% of your regular HP bar to keep a charm from ticking. Or, if no charm, when you're creeping towards dead. You just shouldn't wait too long if it's a boss you're battling 'cause they can pile that damage faster than those first 3 seconds until Heal takes effect.
    It actually forces your charm to tick since it lowers your max hp until the first heal at 3 secs. Also been tested.
    thats not what he's asking, what he means is since your max hp goes up, when u get healed the second time, does it count your hp as buffed or unbuffed for the second heal.
    YES!!! someone can read
    The Heal and Buff are totally separate.

You start out with 2 heals at 3 second intervals over 6 seconds - you Cast Tree, get healed for 25% at 3 seconds in, and another 25% at 6 seconds in. Since the Healing aspect only lasts for 6 seconds, it's done then.

The Buff starts out being 5 seconds long. another 40 Dex on the genie makes it 6 seconds long. It's totally independent from the Heal. Another second only means that your Buff will now last until your healing is over. Which might, theoretically, get you a *little* extra HP.

Since the 25% HP Heal is based on current HP, with the buff in effect you get 25% of 160% of your HP with the first heal, guaranteed. But if the buff lasts 5 seconds, the second heal at 6 seconds will be 25% of your NORMAL HP. With an extra 40 dex, the buff lasts 1 second longer, so the second Heal will also be based on 160% HP.

That's really all I needed to know guys. Now can someone else confirm this?
  • Chabi - Heavens Tear
    Chabi - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    This is worst way of using ToP and what many ppl do wrong. If you use it at 50% your charm will tick and your charm will heal you up to 100 of your expanded HP bar. Make you lose even more of your charm.
    ToP is best used if you know you gonna be hit or after your charm have ticked.
  • PsychoChickn - Dreamweaver
    PsychoChickn - Dreamweaver Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    It also increases as you level the skill up. My level 5 tree skill boosts my MP "Gas Tank" by 35% (it increases in 5% increments). With the 40 dex on the genie, I now get a total of 50% of 135% of my HP, or 67.5%. If I had less dex, I would get 25% of 135% and then 25% of the normal 100% on the second pass, or 58.75%. So, the dex bonus gives you an additional 8.75% of your HP. For my 2840HP char, that is an additonal 248.5HP just for the dex bonus. The original post with a level 10 genie shows how the tree skill improves with leveling and adding the dex. Further dex gains no HP bonus, because the greater HP "Gas Tank" stays larger AFTER the skill stops pouring more HP in. When starting off with this skill, you may die a few times before you realise no HP is added untill 3 seconds AFTER the skill is cast and the HP "Gas Tank" is enlarged. Using this skill does require a little planning ahead. If you wish to avoid triggering your charm and wasting the tree skill, you have to cast it 3 seconds BEFORE you get down to 50%. For normal grinding without charms, just use it as you are getting into trouble, not just before you die or the skill will fire off as you are getting killed and before you gain any HP.
    Yes snuggly, I screened a before and after, I get the same HP on both passes.
  • SnuglyZero - Sanctuary
    SnuglyZero - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    It also increases as you level the skill up. My level 5 tree skill boosts my MP "Gas Tank" by 35% (it increases in 5% increments). With the 40 dex on the genie, I now get a total of 50% of 135% of my HP, or 67.5%. If I had less dex, I would get 25% of 135% and then 25% of the normal 100% on the second pass, or 58.75%. So, the dex bonus gives you an additional 8.75% of your HP. For my 2840HP char, that is an additonal 248.5HP just for the dex bonus. The original post with a level 10 genie shows how the tree skill improves with leveling and adding the dex. Further dex gains no HP bonus, because the greater HP "Gas Tank" stays larger AFTER the skill stops pouring more HP in. When starting off with this skill, you may die a few times before you realise no HP is added untill 3 seconds AFTER the skill is cast and the HP "Gas Tank" is enlarged. Using this skill does require a little planning ahead. If you wish to avoid triggering your charm and wasting the tree skill, you have to cast it 3 seconds BEFORE you get down to 50%. For normal grinding without charms, just use it as you are getting into trouble, not just before you die or the skill will fire off as you are getting killed and before you gain any HP.
    Yes snuggly, I screened a before and after, I get the same HP on both passes.

thank you so much