Final gears for tank build... too low?

Yulk - Heavens Tear
Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Barbarian
Yo, I feel its too little STR on final gears...

for final gears on pwi database
http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/

137 * 5 = 685

The highest amount of STR required for final weapon, the high... heavenly punishers is... 413...

685 - 413 = 272

272 points left over seems good, now the highest DEX required for 73,

272 - 73 = 199

leaving 199 free points, dump the rest in VIT... But it seems its not enough...

Put there is a factor of getting total of -50% requirement in gears (unless it is wrong b:surrender)

(total of 50% requirement reduction)
413 / 2 = 206.5 (total of 50% requirement reduction)
73 / 2 = 36.5 (lol)

Armor with highest requirement and 30% total reduction
Chest : 342 - 102.6 = 239.4

So having highest STR rounded to the nearest ones 239 (if it doesn't require that much, 240.)

I am guessing the highest requirement from -req.

Gears (total) have requirements on STR from 207~290 STR, 37~52 DEX (low) and rest VIT (343~441)

Please tell me your opinions on the final gears, even though the level cap is 105, are they too low and its best using gears with total - requirement gears?

last post for today, peace b:bye
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
Post edited by Yulk - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    I need some advice here peeps, it can help all the things for people that need advice, not only me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG

• Fumiko - Harshlands
    Fumiko - Harshlands Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    first of all, it's already hard to get to 100 and get decent gear... so why care that hasty about lvl 137 equipments

2nd the level 85-100 gear (frost tt lunar oht) are the best out right now, unless they add some instances with better gear and weapons for level 100+ ur stats should be enough to wear these gear and all the other points to VIT or STR for damage
    theGoliath's sexy wizzy
  • Budika - Sanctuary
    Budika - Sanctuary Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Here's my 8 hours of Gear research...
    (Tank)Barb Gear progression I don't do PVP stuff.
    Weapon -Skeleton Axes, Calamities, Scarlet Axe/Pan Gu's Giant Axe, Warsoul
    BP- TT70, Legd 79, TT90, TT99
    Legs- TT70, Legd 77, TT90,TT99
    Arms- TT70, TT80, TT90, TT99
    Boots-TT70, TT80, TT90, TT99
    Helm- Ledg 68, Legd 76/TT80, TT90 or LG Helm
    Back- Ledg 69, ----, ----, Shining Snow Cape/LG Solar Flash
    Necklace- Ledg 69-Equine, ----, Ledg 87-Sky Dem, TT99-Puzzle Cube Badge Grade 14+
    Belt- Ledg 77 Pirate King... ----, TT99 (Set Piece)
    Ring1 Ledg 60 -Rage, Ledg 77-Misty, ----, LG
    Ring2 Ledg 60 -Rage, Ledg 77-Misty, FC, Rnk 8

Final Stats: TT99 -Set Gear (doesn't include Helm, Robe, Rings, Weapon)
    P/Resist + 5609
    M/Resist + 2070
    HP: +340
    Vit+37-38
    Str +16-17
    Dex+8-9
    +7 HP Rec.
    -0.15 Hit/sec
    Phys dmg red 3%
    +5% Crit
    +5% HP
    +31 P/Attack

Requires 299 STR, 59 DEX (Max of) If you decide to get ☆☆Ashura of Purgatory

So subtract the STR, and DEX from the Gear
    You need min.
    283 STR
    51 DEX
    Leaving
    191 VIT
    @ Current Max Level of 105
  • Coyote_Wise - Heavens Tear
    Coyote_Wise - Heavens Tear Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I'm going to have to rely on refining my gear when I get to 100, because I'm going high dex. I've already got 70 and am not sure where I want to end, but I know I hate missing.
  • Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    BP- TT70, Legd 79*, TT90, TT99
    Legs- TT70, Legd 77**, TT90,TT99
    Necklace- Ledg 69-Equine, ----, Ledg 87-Sky Dem, TT99-Puzzle Cube Badge Grade 14+

P/Resist + 5609
    M/Resist + 2070
    Vit+37-38
    Str +16-17
    Dex+8-9
    +7 HP Rec.
    -0.15 Hit/sec
    Phys dmg red 3%
    +5% Crit
    +5% HP
    +31 P/Attack

Requires 299 STR, 59 DEX (Max of) If you decide to get ☆☆Ashura of Purgatory

You need min.
    283 STR
    51 DEX
    Leaving
    191 VIT

* Fail
    ** Epic Fail
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
  • Budika - Sanctuary
    Budika - Sanctuary Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    OK I can see Dominatiger's Idea... if one were to Never get past lvl 80's then sure get the TT80 Golds their really better then the 70 legendary because their the 80 Legendary... But if you calculate the cost for gear that your going to replace relatively quickly (and can only be sold to vendor)... it's rather pointless. It's like when I see someone with Level/Grade 10 or below gear Refined past +4... that's really pointless unless you failed at your build or don't plan to continue leveling, or are really rich/willing to spend loads of cash for the best. (Now the 85 FC stuff for casters that's really their best set of Gear it makes sense to refine the heck out of it).

Coyote_Wise - Heavens Tear... Dude Use Bloodbath and love it... it's superior to any paltry(small) amount of dex you can add... while giving you the benefit of HP. Pleas read LA barb vs Heavy barbs or prepare to Reset your toon/character in the 80's cause you'll see how poorly that build preforms.
    edited July 2009
    It takes a few time to get level 90, the tigers roar leggins are better, plus they dont give magic like the 77 legendary leggins.
    Reaching level 86 its easy because you can do lots of rebirths... the true pain is after that.

TT80 - Chest and vambraces Feng, leggins and foot Tigers roar
    Weapon- Giant Ape axes
    Ornaments and another armor pieces - equine talisman, Helm of Aqua, 1 misty ring, Cape of tauran Chieftain, elemental resistance belt (3 starts), rank ring (for 1% crtic)
    Tome - Tome of Iron Will
    This will be my stuff at level 80^^
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    dominatiger, your fail. 80-90 is 2 weeks, if that. why spend 5-6m on some gear that your going to replace in 2 weeks?
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kalza - Sanctuary
    Kalza - Sanctuary Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    dominatiger, your fail. 80-90 is 2 weeks, if that. why spend 5-6m on some gear that your going to replace in 2 weeks?

2 weeks of ><> after your never gonna eat fish again xD
  • Fumiko - Harshlands
    Fumiko - Harshlands Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    agagahahah 2 weeks, k Sticky go back to JD
    theGoliath's sexy wizzy
    edited July 2009

lmao... the one failing here is youb:chuckle, I will not grind/Rebirth after 86, plus I dont have life to play the entire day. It will took me 2 months, besides I can always re-sell the legginsb:bye
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    BP- TT70, Legd 79, TT90, TT99
    Legs- TT70, Legd 77, TT90,TT99

P/Resist + 5609
    M/Resist + 2070
    Vit+37-38
    Str +16-17
    Dex+8-9
    +7 HP Rec.
    -0.15 Hit/sec
    Phys dmg red 3%
    +5% Crit
    +5% HP
    +31 P/Attack

Requires 299 STR, 59 DEX (Max of) If you decide to get ??Ashura of Purgatory

You need min.
    283 STR
    51 DEX
    Leaving
    191 VIT

Oh i see, VIT, HP and HP recovery bonus is cool, and it helps out the tanks... there is regerneration too... i'll look up database again
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG

• Arravis - Lost City
    Arravis - Lost City Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    the tigers roar leggins are better, plus they dont give magic like the 77 legendary leggins.

Last time I checked, the 77 leg molders also gave HP + 90 and Str bonuses, things that the HH80 green leggings don't give.

The 79 molder also isn't complete fail, as the dex bonus can be rather useful. Four dex could make or break a new crit %, and it also translates into accuracy, something that we really need.
    It will take me 2 months, besides I can always re-sell the legginsb:bye

I will probably be easier to resell the FB79 molders because they're lower in price. How much do you plan on selling your Tiger's Roar pieces? All of the HH mats combined would total it up to around 2 mil + vs 400k ~ 600k on the molders. Remember you're trying to sell these pieces to level 80's...Do most level 80's have 2+ mil to spare on equips that are only slightly better than equips that would cost them 1/4 the price?
    edited July 2009
    Of course its much more easy to ressel the 79 stuff, most of the people level fast and are poor.
    The fact is TT 80 (the way I mentioned it) will always pwn stuff from 79... dont tell me you use cudgel of ancient alloy to?
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    just get the tt80 gold chest and leggings, tt80 green boots and wrist and u'll be fine...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arravis - Lost City
    Arravis - Lost City Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Of course its much more easy to ressel the 79 stuff, most of the people level fast and are poor.
    The fact is TT 80 (the way I mentioned it) will always pwn stuff from 79... dont tell me you use cudgel of ancient alloy to?

Except there really is no pwnage involved. Calamity Axes or HH80 Giant Ape/Lion King could easily be better than Cudgel, by a long shot, but how is HH80 green armor that much better? Only the plate could be arguably better by a little bit, because of the strength and metal resistance in PVP, but it's not something worth trudging 2-hour long HH parties for.

Not to mention, if you have that sort of time on your hands, you might as well be leveling. It doesn't matter whether you have the 79 molders or HH80 green set, a level 90 is still going to kill you either way b:shocked
    edited July 2009
    But there always be the day when we reach level 90, and the levels 100 will beat us xD
    Besides when you reach level 100, the others are 104 (105 if they play 24 hours a day).
    The game will be always in this way^^
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
  • Lycanthar - Sanctuary
    Lycanthar - Sanctuary Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    gotta say I lol'd a few times reading this thread.

I don't see what all the debate is about, numbers are numbers and stats are stats. No one can argue the TT77/79 molds are better than TT80 greens, likewise no one can argue the TT80 greens are better than the TT80 golds. I'm talking strictly about barbs here, mind you.

Now, does it REALLY matter which gear you use? No, not at all. You can play the game just fine with any of the above premium gears. I went TT80 gold chest/legs because they offered the nicest stats for the most reasonable price. I use TT80 green for boots and wrists because the TT80 golds price was very prohibitive. I know plenty of barbs that rock the 77/79 molds and do just fine.

Anyone that tries to argue "well 77/79 are way cheaper and you can resell them", try Rebirth Gamma. You'll be stinking rich before you know it so who cares about spending a few more coins on the nice stuff?

One last thing... 80-90 in 2 weeks? gtfo of your basement sometime Sticky b:victory
    ==Sanctuary's Last Demon Barbarian== ... (lol strife)

Off through the new day's mist, I run
    Out from the new day's mist, I have come
    We shift, pulsing with the earth
    Company we keep, roaming the land while you sleep...
  • Tequila_wolf - Heavens Tear
    Tequila_wolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    i use cudgel for tanking sometimes, the phy reduction and extra phy def do make a difference of about 200 a hit, which help at times, other than that, thunderdeath edges :D