Fireworks, clothes, and other useless ****

Brucutu - Dreamweaver
Brucutu - Dreamweaver Posts: 47 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Cash Shop Huddle
People usually complain that PWI, while F2P, ends up being an expensive game in the long run.

No wonder. It blows my mind the amount of fireworks and pretty clothes I see people wearing in this game. And to think it all costs real dollars to obtain those things...

So far, all I got from the cash shop:

- inventory expansion stone (big one)
- a flying mount (2-headed dragon thing)
- widgets to upgrade its speed
- training esoterica (10-pack on sale last week, only used 1 to see what it was like)

I'm lazy to do the math now, but all that adds up to about US$40, which's pretty cheap considering the amount of time I've spent on this game so far. Most boxed retail games cost $50 and give me far less playing time.

In the future, I MIGHT get the charm that restores HP.

What do you guys think?? How much do you all spend on this game???
Post edited by Brucutu - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Jonnykins - Dreamweaver
    Jonnykins - Dreamweaver Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    You don't have to spend money on this game, its an optional thing.

I like perfect world because its a case of you don't have to put money into to be successful, unlike another game I know

But I've spent around $40 since I started playing, to get a few things thats it
  • silaba
    silaba Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    How much do you all spend on this game???

You can just post at this thread: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=67151 b:pleased
  • CryMeARiver - Harshlands
    CryMeARiver - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    So far i bought 150$ us which got me 189 cuz i bought it on sale. So with the cash n coin i save grinding n flipping good deals i find in-game I have been able to get a nix a dragon fully upgraded a blessing and some charms. from cash shop. I'm working on getting a herc now from in game coin hope to have that in a month or so. All in all I don't think the game is overly costly. I leveled my cleric to 60+ with out having to spend a dime and its has some nice extras. I do find it funny when ppl complain about other buying items with real $. You do know those are the ppl that help keep this free right.
  • Ikurei - Dreamweaver
    Ikurei - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    If the dragon is the same price as the seraphic mist (and if the prices haven't changed since my computer decided to fry itself) then that alone costs $50. Not sure how much everything else is but I'm guessing maybe another $15 for the rest. A bit more than $40 but still not bad considering how much most games go for nowadays.

As for how much I've spent on PW so far? $20. I gave in and bought $10 when I was a lower level and just had to get the plumed set when it came out. Another $10 when I needed to get seraphic mist (made an archer just so I could use them). Everything else I bought with in game coins (by the way, the coin > gold ratio in the exchange was insane when I was trying to buy gold for the wings). Right now my veno is broke and I'll have to play without any fancy boutique toys for a while (once I get my computer fixed anyway).

Edit: What the hell am I saying? Seraphic mist was $30 (or am I confusing myself again?) so yeah, $40 would be close.
    Meh, saw a couple other people doing this so...
    "Time to kill a famous thread then." andracil
    "Banning a troll is the ultimate troll my good sirs" eatwithspoons
    "Be careful about all of the GIRLs (Guy in RL) that you meet." eatwithspoons
    "We are all trolls or else we wouldn't have so many posts under our names. Deal with it." Sevas - Heavens Tear
    "Necro hunting >:3
    Also, I'm in someone's sig!" andracil (Sorry, I had to.b:surrender)
    "Welcome to the forums. You will die here." Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
  • Mythsoul - Heavens Tear
    Mythsoul - Heavens Tear Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    by level 70 about $150
    by 80 another $150 for armour
    by 90 about $500

From level 1-105

aprox $900
    All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring.
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    by level 70 about $150
    by 80 another $150 for armour
    by 90 about $500

From level 1-105

aprox $900

Dude... It sounds like your planning on using the cash shop for mats and upgrades for your armour, lemme tell you, its ALOT cheaper to just scan the AH every day for your gear, people resell very cheap.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • Viroment - Dreamweaver
    Viroment - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I've spent $0 on PWI. lol
    Proud member of Exclusive :D
  • BludShot - Lost City
    BludShot - Lost City Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I have never spent a dime either... the reason?? im very POOR and jobless...
    wich means i have no life...(can i haz employment plz?) if i felt like it i culd go around collecting mats for a month straight... thats wat i like about this game a broke **** like me can still play without spending a dime...
    b:surrender