Archers Should have Crit Rate Buff?

Options
firebreatherr
firebreatherr Posts: 28 Arc User
edited August 2009 in General Discussion
Archers buff = speed and evasion which is not that useful, especially on ranged mobs/players. And i find evasion buff useless when your damaged is halved when mobs/players are meleeing you for evasion buff to even be useful. Most other classes buff are really useful that players always ask for like bramble,hp buff, phys attack buff, magic attack buff, defense buff....water buff....noone ever asks for evasion buff =( and and since archers are the criters they should get some crit buff....but not alot...maybe like 2% for level 10 skill.

And Btw Archer's Speed buff is removed when someone else or you do speed skill...like holy path
Post edited by firebreatherr on

Comments

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Camp the AH and get some gear.
    You've got the highest crit rate of any existing class on PWI, I cant believe your wanting more for free on top of that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • firebreatherr
    edited July 2009
    Options
    all im asking for is a decently useful buff..the kind that people stop and go like..."can i get that buff please"
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    all im asking for is a decently useful buff..the kind that people stop and go like..."can i get that buff please"

Kinda like the archer speed buff.b:chuckle
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Most other classes buff are really useful that players always ask for like bramble,hp buff, phys attack buff, magic attack buff, defense buff....water buff....noone ever asks for evasion buff =(

An accuracy buff would be handy, and make a lot more sense in that regard. (especially if it stacks with barb accuracy, mua-hahahaha >:} ...not that I use that one...)

Edit: I type too slow.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    In all seriousness, would need to find out first of all is 2% too much or too little, or just right for a lvl 10 buff. Atm all I can say is that for our christmas blessing of 1% crit tome, it cost 80 levels and 5G(approx. 500k)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Vidalaire - Heavens Tear
    Vidalaire - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Genies have made the Archer speed buff a little less useful, but it's still better than what some classes get.

Venos and Wizards have the worst buff. We're not even 100% sure how the water buff works. Common belief is that it only affects melee damage, but that hasn't been proven 100%. If that is true, then it's useless for the wizard and any caster class.

Bramble Guard is only useful for Barbs and BMs. It's actually detrimental to squishes. Squishes generally want to keep the enemy away from them. They should never have a mob meleeing them and if they do, then they want to run away/get the mob aggro off them ASAP. The reflected damage makes it harder to lose/transfer aggro to a pet or tank.

So don't complain when others have less. I'm sure any wizard would trade their water buff for your speed buff in a heartbeat.
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I'd KILL for your Evasion Buff... And don't you guys get a crit bonus when you go either Demon or Sage?
  • firebreatherr
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Yes but thats requires some rare demon skill book
  • Nerithos - Sanctuary
    Nerithos - Sanctuary Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    i'm Sure Any Wizard Would Trade Their Water Buff For Your Speed Buff In A Heartbeat.

Oh Yes Please
  • firebreatherr
    edited July 2009
    Options
    where the archers at?!?! b:cry
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    where the archers at?!?! b:cry

Following the Advice "Less QQ, moar pew pew?"
  • Waterboy - Lost City
    Waterboy - Lost City Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    its true archers buff isnt really useful at all(seriously)

in pvp/pk ur usually in the air so speed doesnt matter and ur evasion doesnt either when facin dex build bms(or normal 1's) who are equal to u or barbs with maxed bloodbath and rarely miss
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Explain to me why the Cleric has the matk buff rather than the wizard.
    A crit buff on an archer would be ridiculous.
  • firebreatherr
    edited July 2009
    Options
    okay how about this situation...all 6 classes in party to kill bosses/TT

Cleric Buffs = obviously useful for phys + mag defense buff and mag attack
    Veno Buff = More DD cause of reflect damage from bramble
    Wizard Buff = More DD and cool looking blue ball from water buff
    Barb Buff = More HP + Phys attack
    Blademaster Buff = More Defense for barb to tank
    Archer Buff = 35% more Evasion.....which changes the evasion chance from 1% to 2 % on a boss...MAYBE
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Wizards have an even less useful buff. At least yours is for all mobs. Water buff is really only useful against fire mobs. I'd trade you in a heartbeat. However; it would be an awesome squad buff to grant maybe +5 dex for 30 mins to entire squad. That would be useful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    hmm? you think the water buff is useless as opposed to our fire self-buff? i think it's a nice buff...if it works like the description says (which is rather dubious).

and our fire buff is not useful only on metal mobs....think about it: every archer you see probably has their hands glowing red 24/7 while fighting, even on fire mobs it makes a difference - the difference between the mob dying or the mob hitting you before dying, which is very very important for an archer

but crit rate buff is kind of not well thought out...crit as a temporary buff wouldn't be very noticeable, unless it's a huge increase in crit, which would be very overpowered

maybe they just need to make evasion not as worthless in this game

or
    or

attack speed buff!! b:sin
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    archers dont need a crit buff, a good geared demon one can easily get ~40% crit at 89+ ~_~

add in their attack speed buffs from demon spark, rank 4 armor, TT90 gold, and/or crimson horn... and you have one nasty class >.>
  • Ichimokusan - Sanctuary
    Ichimokusan - Sanctuary Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I don't understand Accuracy/Evasion in PVE. If we have the most DEX of all classes, why do mobs rarely miss me and when I use skills like Knockback they miss the mob (same level mob or slightly higher) very much? b:surrender

EDIT: This is related to the thread because even with alot of DEX and Evasion Buff, I rarely am doing any evading.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    archers dont need a crit buff, a good geared demon one can easily get ~40% crit at 89+ ~_~

add in their attack speed buffs from demon spark, rank 4 armor, TT90 gold, and/or crimson horn... and you have one nasty class >.>

for the record, base crit from going pure dex build is 20% at lvl 90. any crit we get on top of that, from + dex gear, from crit equipment, any other class (say a bm) can get.

demon stunning arrow, sharptooth, are all not available at 89, (nor are they easily obtainable)

if you say 40% crit is easily obtained by archers at 90 (how easily is this?), then i'm assuming some bm can have at least 25% crit at 90 as well (also, berserk)

feel free to shut me up with one of those char simulators, but i'm not seeing 40% crit for me in 3 lvls
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Archers buff = speed and evasion which is not that useful, especially on ranged mobs/players. And i find evasion buff useless when your damaged is halved when mobs/players are meleeing you for evasion buff to even be useful. Most other classes buff are really useful that players always ask for like bramble,hp buff, phys attack buff, magic attack buff, defense buff....water buff....noone ever asks for evasion buff =( and and since archers are the criters they should get some crit buff....but not alot...maybe like 2% for level 10 skill.

And Btw Archer's Speed buff is removed when someone else or you do speed skill...like holy path

Not every buff in the game needs to be useful for all classes all of the time. There are buffs in this game that are only useful a large majority of the time to only two classes, and it's useless to the class that can cast it a large majority of the time: Bramble Guard. While it has it's uses, most of the time it's useless for the veno except to get Bramble Hood later on.

While it is true that some buffs are good for any class all of the time, that isn't the case for all buffs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Agilaz - Dreamweaver
    Agilaz - Dreamweaver Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    but crit rate buff is kind of not well thought out...crit as a temporary buff wouldn't be very noticeable, unless it's a huge increase in crit, which would be very overpowered

or
    or

+1 xD
    What she said.

If evasion would actually work like "evasion" nobody would say the buff is useless. But when I have like 1500 evasion and still get hit over 90% of the time it's pretty annoying. D: With that much evasion (compared to other non-dex classes the same lvl) I feel like archers should get hit much less often.

I agree with most of the previous commenters. A crit rate buff would either not be very useful or just plainly overpowered.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    @Quilue: 40% was a number i read in an archer argument once, but id assume they mean these

take your natural 20% and add -
    things like rank ring/mastadon/heavenly lord for +4%
    xmas blessing +1% if youre lucky 2% crit from a tome
    any +dex from equipment
    +1% on dragonbow
    throw in these skills too:

○Stunning Arrow
    Range Ranged Attack
    Mana 295
    Channel 1.5 seconds
    Cast 0.6 seconds
    Cooldown 15.0 seconds
    Weapon Ranged Weapons

Requisite Cultivation Aware of the Void
    Fire a movement impeding shot at the opponent, inflicting base physical
    damage plus 2687.0 and giving a 90% chance to
    stun the enemy for 3.5 seconds. Also has increases critical hit rate.

Requires 1 arrow, bolt or unit of shot.

Demon version increases critical hit rate by 10% for 10 seconds.

○Sharpened Tooth Arrow
    Range Ranged Attack
    Mana 280.0
    Channel 2.0 seconds
    Cast 0.6 seconds
    Cooldown 15.0 seconds
    Weapon Ranged Weapons

Requisite Cultivation Master of Discord
    Launch arrows at the target and enemies within a 6 meter radius, inflicting
    base physical damage plus 3668.0 and reducing maximun HP by 16.0%
    for 30 seconds.

Requires 1 arrow, bolt or unit of shot.

Demon version grants a 10% increase to critical hit for 15 seconds.

○Winged Blessing
    Passive Skill

Increases the range of all ranged attacks by 12 meters, gives an accuracy increase, and gives a critical hit rate increase.

Demon version increases accuracy by 10% on ranged targets.
    Demon version increases critical hit rate by 1% on ranged targets.

○Bow Mastery
    Passive Skill

Increases all ranged weapon attack damage by 75% and increases critical hit rate.

Demon version increases ranged weapon critical hit rate by 1%.
  • Ormindo - Heavens Tear
    Ormindo - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    hmm? you think the water buff is useless as opposed to our fire self-buff? i think it's a nice buff...if it works like the description says (which is rather dubious).

and our fire buff is not useful only on metal mobs....think about it: every archer you see probably has their hands glowing red 24/7 while fighting, even on fire mobs it makes a difference - the difference between the mob dying or the mob hitting you before dying, which is very very important for an archer

or
    or

EXACTLY ! This buff is TOTALY USELESS ! Make it worth something, or give us something else !

<-- angry archer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aldryami - Sanctuary
    Aldryami - Sanctuary Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Camp the AH and get some gear.
    You've got the highest crit rate of any existing class on PWI, I cant believe your wanting more for free on top of that.

Barbs have the highest HP in PW...I cant believe they would have a buff for more............duh.

Crit buff for archers is an excellent idea. Get rid of the evasion/speed buff, it is almost useless.
  • Guardgodess - Sanctuary
    Guardgodess - Sanctuary Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Not every buff in the game needs to be useful for all classes all of the time. There are buffs in this game that are only useful a large majority of the time to only two classes, and it's useless to the class that can cast it a large majority of the time: Bramble Guard. While it has it's uses, most of the time it's useless for the veno except to get Bramble Hood later on.

While it is true that some buffs are good for any class all of the time, that isn't the case for all buffs.

just for the record, bramble guard is a useful buff when you are fighting against those nasty, physical aoe bosses. bramble can add a decent amount of DD when casted on squad members, as it reflects a decent amount of the aoe damage.

to the topic, i support the idea of having a more useful buff for archer and wizards whole heartedly. the evasion buff is just useless. for pve, evasion fails to no end. even with the buff, mobs still hit me about 90+% of the times. plus, as an archer, you should be able to kill off the mob before they get to you any way, so that evasion is even more useless. for pvp, evasion only really works on bms and barbs since magic never miss, and other archers will have a similar evasion and accuracy. however, any smart bm and barb, who want to finish you off will use accuracy pots. since evasion is pretty much our line of defence, we'll be pretty much dead after they pop the pot.

yet, the speed increase part of the buff is quite nice, which is pretty much the whole reason why i use it and why i cast it in squad.

as for a more useful buff, a buff that increase attack speed can be very nice, especially if it is a squad buff.
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Yeah the evasion/speed buff is seriously worthless. It doesnt make any difference in damage.
    Im up for an attack speed buff though, that would be great. We have the lowest NORMAL attack speed in the game. (Yes NORMAL attack speed, spells dont count because they have their own speeds). How about each level lowers attack speed by 0.01 s? Or 0.005s. When maxed it lowers it by 0.10s or 0.5sec.

I guess we already have a pretty good buff-blazing arrow. Blazing arrow isnt even a buff anymore, its like a hidden equip. THe only time i dont have blazing arrow on is when im afk.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Lady_Selan - Sanctuary
    Lady_Selan - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Well I'm sure there are some uses for archer's evasion/speed buff since my archer friend said mobs do miss a lot (he focuses on evasion gear which is another reason the buff can be useful). For every miss, that's less repair bill and less damage you take obviously. Speed buff doesn't stack with anything else but it useful when genie speed skills are in cooldown I guess. I just believe it's "not useless".

A critical hit rate buff is... not needed on an archer epically a demon archer. I will go into detail with this one why they don't need it. They already have a decent chance to critical as it is AND more buffs than you think like a shield that reduce damage from physical and magical plus a skill called wings of grace that helps reduce damage too.

Also they have Elven Alacrity which boosts their speed to 15 m/sec for 8 seconds and only require one spark with 3 second cooldown. This combined with genie holy path is some serious escape time.

You also have Blessing of the Condor to have high chance of avoiding barb's Perdition. Finally at level 100, you can use Awaken to regain 2 sparks.... So do they still need that critical hit rate buff? I'm not done yet cause a demon archer has yet another buff from wingspan:

"Use the divine power of the Winged Elves to attack enemies within 8-meter-radius around you, inflicting base physical damage plus 4347.0, knocking them
    back 9.0 meters, and casting a level 5 Winged Shell on yourself upon a successful hit."

They also have two demon path skills that increase critical hit rate by 10 percent for 10 seconds. These same skills can be used every 15 seconds so you alternate between them to always have a critical 10 percent bonus so why do they need more critical hit rate? Flame me if you want but I just stating they don't need that buff for these reasons.
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Id like a more useful mana buff than our current one. Its ridiculously low even maxed. -_- 10 more mana a second, woopdiedoo.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    @tear sharptooth is a 99 cube skill, stun is a 92 skill
    the rest are (mostly?) fb99 skillbook drops which how many people have...
    ~30% at 90 is more realisitic
    @Lady_Selan alacrity is a 79 skill (woo 20 apoc pages) and its cooldown is 3 minutes not 3 seconds, blessing of condor, again lvl 79 skill, again wild cooldown
    wingspan 92 skill woo

if were gonna argue about skills most people dont have lets talk about sage soul degen for venos that overrides the use of sharptooth/archers on bosses
  • DevoL - Lost City
    DevoL - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    i wouldnt mind having bramble or the water buff (lvl10 increases attack alot) @_@

Lets just trade wizards with evasion/speed buff lol. One hand blue the other one red b:pleased
    b:bye