Thunderstorm

Poufferana - Harshlands
Poufferana - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Arigora Colosseum
Is this a skill worth taking? I mean those bonuses (triple damage on ground and double near) really stack up? The genie attacks are usually weak but this skills sounds quite good on ground.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Forums are for doing all kind of things ONLY! Do not use it for doing other stuff...b:pleased
Post edited by Poufferana - Harshlands on

Comments

• Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Is this a skill worth taking? I mean those bonuses (triple damage on ground and double near) really stack up? The genie attacks are usually weak but this skills sounds quite good on ground.

Ugh, it heard it's decent...

But it does have a huge requirement for affinity. Best to buy a junk genie with like 8 Free Affinity and test it out before randomly putting 8 Affinity on Metal on your good genie
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    Maddrox - Harshlands Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Yes, get it. Nao. It is very good, mine is lvl 9 out of 10 and it can take out huge chunks of life in PK. I critted a lvl 50ish BM last night about 5500 with it b:chuckle Was a one shot, kinda sucked because I didn't get a chance to fight myself.
  • U_got_sniped - Lost City
    U_got_sniped - Lost City Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Yes, get it. Nao. It is very good, mine is lvl 9 out of 10 and it can take out huge chunks of life in PK. I critted a lvl 50ish BM last night about 5500 with it b:chuckle Was a one shot, kinda sucked because I didn't get a chance to fight myself.

impressive...
    this might be another solution in the archer vs barb dilemma.
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    thunderstorm is great for taking out any class, be it they have HA,LA,or AA, i crit arcane classes for 2k+ with level 10 thunderstorm, with 10 str
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • U_got_sniped - Lost City
    U_got_sniped - Lost City Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    iam pretty sure i can take out a AA without a genieb:chuckle
  • Poufferana - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    im interested mostly in its effect on heavy armors
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Forums are for doing all kind of things ONLY! Do not use it for doing other stuff...b:pleased
  • Poufferana - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    i mean if i were a cleric with 3sparks and 99 chi (late game, i like to dreamb:pleased) and manage the next combo: wield thunder, tempest (1spark and 99 chi remain), cyclone (replenishes the second spark) tempest, wield thunder+THUNDERSTORM <--will this take down a barbarian?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    Maddrox - Harshlands Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    It's especially painful on a BM who had just used Alter Marrow Physicalb:chuckle
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    i mean if i were a cleric with 3sparks and 99 chi (late game, i like to dreamb:pleased) and manage the next combo: wield thunder, tempest (1spark and 99 chi remain), cyclone (replenishes the second spark) tempest, wield thunder+THUNDERSTORM <--will this take down a barbarian?

wouldnt work, cooldown on tempest.
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deathitsou - Harshlands
    Deathitsou - Harshlands Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Yeah.... Thunderstorm is pretty good. I would just upgrade the Genie's str and Vit though for the stats.
  • MasonChen - Sanctuary
    MasonChen - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2009

The answer is no. Because ur tempest won't even be casted VS a barb. Pretty much no way to take out a barb 1v1 pk myself(sorry if im uselessb:surrender)
    Barb could stun and seal too. And you wouldn't do enough damage alone before his charm ticks.

And you can not take me out without using a genie.b:victory I'll use immune to damage pot and log offb:chuckle. Just kidding.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I heard blade of supreme heat lowers resistance to metal.

If so I'm trying to imagine this combo.

Thundershock/Blade of Supreme heat/Lightning shock/Thunderstorm.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Moog - Lost City
    Moog - Lost City Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    heavens flame combined thunderstorm is really good i heard. I know that bms killing other bms is now possible with thunderstorm.
  • complexx
    complexx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    heavens flame combined thunderstorm is really good i heard. I know that bms killing other bms is now possible with thunderstorm.

Yeah, before genies it was zerg / crit fights.

Now it's just

Get them to 60% hp > Stun > Dragons > Thunderstorm > Laugh.
    b:cute

Sinnerz Lost City PvP.
  • Moodyflame - Harshlands
    Moodyflame - Harshlands Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Imagine if everyone went thunderstorming eachother, its too OP lol
    I have it though b:victory
  • Sidel - Dreamweaver
    Sidel - Dreamweaver Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    It does look awesome but how do you guys feel about the amount of Chi Stones it uses up? I looks pretty expensive...
  • Peacefulelf - Dreamweaver
    Peacefulelf - Dreamweaver Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Can you imagine archers with thunder shock metal res reduced by 50% then that genie skill with another -30% and then extreme poison with thunderstorm? b:dirty
    Also i heard next patch they nerfing thunderstorn cause too much QQ b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind...
  • Weaselsilent - Sanctuary
    Weaselsilent - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    yes Bm vs BM a level 10 thunderstorm with dragons could definitly be a one shot, and if they just ticked and u did that, they will be gone soon anyway.. and to the ones using it on arcane users,, lol use physical attacks instead! xD
  • LovePurse - Lost City
    LovePurse - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    complexx wrote: »
    Yeah, before genies it was zerg / crit fights.

Now it's just

Get them to 60% hp > Stun > Dragons > Thunderstorm > Laugh.

79 crit skill > hell spark > anti stun pot > rofl at getting autoattacked to death

imo waaay more satisfying