Heavy or Light Armor?

Options
thecrimsonrevenger
thecrimsonrevenger Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Blademaster
I'm a fist BM. I'm currently lvl 48, and finding life to be rather difficult. I expected that though.

Anyway, I've been wanting to focus on Dex for a high evasion rate, but I find that keeping up to date on my Heavy Armor requires that I sink most of my points into Strength every level up. And the extra armor doesn't seem to help that much. I just slotted two gems for extra physical defense into my helmet for a total +40 armor and i'm taking the exact same damage I was taking BEFORE I wasted my money.

So, if I switch to light armor will it make any big difference? Will the light armor up my evasion, or should I stick it out with heavy armor?
Post edited by thecrimsonrevenger on

Comments

• Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Heavy Armor.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I'm a fist BM. I'm currently lvl 48, and finding life to be rather difficult. I expected that though.

Anyway, I've been wanting to focus on Dex for a high evasion rate, but I find that keeping up to date on my Heavy Armor requires that I sink most of my points into Strength every level up. And the extra armor doesn't seem to help that much. I just slotted two gems for extra physical defense into my helmet for a total +40 armor and i'm taking the exact same damage I was taking BEFORE I wasted my money.

So, if I switch to light armor will it make any big difference? Will the light armor up my evasion, or should I stick it out with heavy armor?

I will say HA.

but I will hint you something. In RL you might have an uniform for going to work which you probably do 5 days per week but I;m sure you dont use your uniform on weekends or for going to the beach.b:laugh
  • TooHotforBob - Lost City
    TooHotforBob - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I will say HA.

but I will hint you something. In RL you might have an uniform for going to work which you probably do 5 days per week but I;m sure you dont use your uniform on weekends or for going to the beach.b:laugh

the hint was that Granrey enjoys long walks on the beach.
  • alkaiza
    alkaiza Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I will say HA.

LOL, thats funny b:pleasedb:pleased
  • alkaiza
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Yes for a fist HA is a must, at that lvl u will find urself fighting over str and dex and having a hard time getting the str req for ur HA, but that will all be solved (well mostly)when u reach 70, so at ur lvl u should look for stat modifying ornaments or gears for u to be able to wear ur HA.

LA wont increase ur eva, it will just make u squishier but more magic resistance.

Well at that lvl dmg isnt really dat big so the dmg difference with gems really isnt that big as well.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Options
    alkaiza wrote: »
    LOL, thats funny b:pleasedb:pleased

lol, I know.

I just said that because prior level 60 I used to carry both sets of armor on my inventory and I would use a set depening on what I'm facing.

Saying that, after I learned how to counter mag attacks from magic mobs and the amount of magic mobs on quest were reduced too. I kept the HA only.

I rarely get hit with magic from mobs. My record I think is about 30 orchid petalis that I killed without getting hit a single time with mag attack.

Of couse, i do get hit with magic attacks if the mobs are pure magic only.
  • alkaiza
    edited July 2009
    Options
    lol, I know.

I just said that because prior level 60 I used to carry both sets of armor on my inventory and I would use a set depening on what I'm facing.

Saying that, after I learned how to counter mag attacks from magic mobs and the amount of magic mobs on quest were reduced too. I kept the HA only.

I rarely get hit with magic from mobs. My record I think is about 30 orchid petalis that I killed without getting hit a single time with mag attack.

Of couse, i do get hit with magic attacks if the mobs are pure magic only.

I say nice, my record is i tanked TT squad mode with just 4.5k hp(buffed so low isnt it?) at lvl 75, with just 1 cleric, and a few dds(i think it was a barb,another bm and an archer) with no veno, i tanked it by kicking, sparking and using chi pots and jiaozi pots,all at the right time( i had charm no genie back then) but after that i never tanked it again lol, 140k+ repairs and the boss took like a whole hour or more to kill, lol

But me i still carry LA armors, just for duels well of cors u really have 50-50 chance against mage if ur pure fist specially if ur a low vit fist and ur enemy has freakin fast channeling skill, holy path or and due to lags and stuff our kicks are proven useless at duels special when they kite, so i carry LA just to make me last a few hits for me to stun him, stun on duel =win for fist against wiz , so i keep it for pvp duels only and sometimes against pure mag mobs.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I say nice, my record is i tanked TT squad mode with just 4.5k hp(buffed so low isnt it?) at lvl 75, with just 1 cleric, and a few dds(i think it was a barb,another bm and an archer) with no veno, i tanked it by kicking, sparking and using chi pots and jiaozi pots,all at the right time( i had charm no genie back then) but after that i never tanked it again lol, 140k+ repairs and the boss took like a whole hour or more to kill, lol

But me i still carry LA armors, just for duels well of cors u really have 50-50 chance against mage if ur pure fist specially if ur a low vit fist and ur enemy has freakin fast channeling skill, holy path or and due to lags and stuff our kicks are proven useless at duels special when they kite, so i carry LA just to make me last a few hits for me to stun him, stun on duel =win for fist against wiz , so i keep it for pvp duels only and sometimes against pure mag mobs.

yeah, I used LA for duels. A good trick that I would do was to be in HA prior starting the duel. Use a lame excuse to turn to fashion and change to LA.

Of course, there is a chance that they will check your info but there is a good chance they will not.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Options

I think is impresive.

I noticed that axes users have a concern on killing bosses quick. I understand there are some bosses in which you have a time limit to kill them otherwise you will fail.

Saying that, most bosses dont have a time limit with them. So, the real issue for me is: "can the squad take the damage the boss do"

The reason for my opinion is because, a bad squad will most likely have enough attack capabilities to kill the boss under no time limit circunstances but were the squad fails is in resisting the damage the boss do. Axes users have no or very few answers to this.
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I think is impresive.

I noticed that axes users have a concern on killing bosses quick. I understand there are some bosses in which you have a time limit to kill them otherwise you will fail.

Saying that, most bosses dont have a time limit with them. So, the real issue for me is: "can the squad take the damage the boss do"

The reason for my opinion is because, a bad squad will most likely have enough attack capabilities to kill the boss under no time limit circunstances but were the squad fails is in resisting the damage the boss do. Axes users have no or very few answers to this.

If the squad fails in resisting the damage of the boss (with BB on), they shouldn't be doing it. Myriad or any other damage reducing skill will help.

And for though times the Axe user can just Domain~
  • alkaiza
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I think is impresive.
    Thnx

Well u wouldnt really be tanking a boss if u know u cant tank it, mine was i knew i couldnt tank it (except for chintien) but we were already there in TT so might as well try since we all have GAs. Well thats why peeps try to get party with someone capable of tanking it, but i see ur point, i do TT runs for my friends to an almost impossible for me to tank, where most likely i find myriad useful, specially when i see bosses casting and i cant kick it so that atleast id have atleast a few hp left for my charm to tick if i had use myriad.

Well if u put it that way, Myriad is useful for a few seconds. And i think u should have posted this back where u in lyndura are arguing about HF and MS coz i think this point is meant for thatb:pleasedb:pleased
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Options
    If the squad fails in resisting the damage of the boss (with BB on), they shouldn't be doing it.

There is no fun on easy tasks. I dont like easy jobs. No fun in it.b:victory