what level do you have to be so you dont get one shotted by the world bosses?

Options
Tahathegreat - Dreamweaver
Tahathegreat - Dreamweaver Posts: 99 Arc User
edited July 2009 in General Discussion
also how do you kill any of them?

they do over 9k damage a hit on me :(

once i was level 39 and decided it was a good idea to attack sword tamer.. lol it didnt turn out as planned.

has anyone/squad/faction actually killed one of them?
Post edited by Tahathegreat - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Aquilonian - Dreamweaver
    Aquilonian - Dreamweaver Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    There is videos in youtube showing the world boss battles. Just type in the name of the boss and pwi or perfect world after it.
    "Let's all be reasonable here. PWI hasn't fully kept their word about anything since the "Permanent" Charm Packs. This is just another example. We should be used to it by now." -Isala
  • Breathe - Lost City
    Breathe - Lost City Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Usually a 85+ barb can tank them.. set up BB and have 3-5 clerics on him. For certain bosses mages can tank too b:chuckle

314qaug.jpg
  • Randoms - Dreamweaver
    Randoms - Dreamweaver Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    For some archers are best choice. Barbs die fast against SoulHunter.
    Also Cenminator have nasty AoE that kills celrics if archer doenst tank.
    I kill things b:victory
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    For some archers are best choice. Barbs die fast against SoulHunter.
    Also Cenminator have nasty AoE that kills celrics if archer doenst tank.

Lol for archer. Soulhunter is a weakling. I soloed him in the 50s, it just takes a ton of time. He doesn't hit ranged, only lots of debuffs.

But yeah, you need barb to tank wbs, usually with a cleric in bb for the damage reduction and other clerics for healing.
  • Tahathegreat - Dreamweaver
    Tahathegreat - Dreamweaver Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    do they drop good stuff?
  • Randoms - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Lol for archer. Soulhunter is a weakling. I soloed him in the 50s, it just takes a ton of time. He doesn't hit ranged, only lots of debuffs.

But yeah, you need barb to tank wbs, usually with a cleric in bb for the damage reduction and other clerics for healing.

Why lol? Barb still die if he would try to take him on. So does BM.
    edited July 2009
    Options
    do they drop good stuff?

High mats, and perfect shards, if you're lucky.
  • Kazue - Heavens Tear
    Kazue - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

It took a level 9x nix veno 2+/3 hours to solo kill him, and thats with an archer's sharp to start. Onces his stun kicks in its almost impossible to revive pet (without pots) once its dead. So you'll probably need multiple pets if you don't time the damage right. With the stuns/slow, you'll at the most be able to get in 1-2 attacks before being stunned. So basically, you would have to sit there for 6 hours stright to solo kill soul hunter. Since if you leave, the pet is gonna take aggro and die. And without a pet, you might just as well get a feather and start to tickle him.

To top it off, soul hunter is one of the most ksed bosses. So unless your entire sever sucked ****, i doubt you'll be able to sit there undistrubed for 6 hours.
    edited July 2009
    Options
    It took a level 9x nix veno 2+/3 hours to solo kill him, and thats with an archer's sharp to start. Onces his stun kicks in its almost impossible to revive pet (without pots) once its dead. So you'll probably need multiple pets if you don't time the damage right. With the stuns/slow, you'll at the most be able to get in 1-2 attacks before being stunned. So basically, you would have to sit there for 6 hours stright to solo kill soul hunter. Since if you leave, the pet is gonna take aggro and die. And without a pet, you might just as well get a feather and start to tickle him.

To top it off, soul hunter is one of the most ksed bosses. So unless your entire sever sucked ****, i doubt you'll be able to sit there undistrubed for 6 hours.

You'd be surprised how people in Sanctuary don't think Soulhunter is worth the effort. Which, in all honesty, it's probably not. And yes, some people do come by once in a while, and they... kinda helps out.b:chuckle
  • Artiex - Sanctuary
    Artiex - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Ancient Spearman fading, with magical drops. We kill him pretty daily. He's pretty easy, if you know his tricks.

spearman071109.png

We tested sword tamer with 1 group, just to get an idea of how much damage he does. He's doable, and require patiences. We could keep our barb alive with 4-5 clerics, however the problem was that melee people weren't allowed to attack. He had a pbaoe that would 1-2 shot our melee characters. So we stopped our attack and suggest he was not worth doing. Then we went on to test the other WB's.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    W/out BB? I seen 90s barbs get 2 shotted by avalanche area WBs b:chuckle
    With BB, they last like any other TT boss.

Depending on aoe and debuffs the WB does you can do them with minimal amount of pple. ex) Shadowdoll. You can do that with 7 pple or so veno less.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Kazue - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    Options
    You'd be surprised how people in Sanctuary don't think Soulhunter is worth the effort. Which, in all honesty, it's probably not. And yes, some people do come by once in a while, and they... kinda helps out.b:chuckle

If people help out you didn't solo it. And if i fly by and see some random 5x veno killing it.... you bet i'll ks it.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

Took me 12 at 70 or something, but I only had a herc not a nix. It's not hard to keep a pet from dying, and even if it does... channeling gear is sufficient to revive a pet (unless you're really low level)
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    W/out BB? I seen 90s barbs get 2 shotted by avalanche area WBs b:chuckle
    With BB, they last like any other TT boss.

Depending on aoe and debuffs the WB does you can do them with minimal amount of pple. ex) Shadowdoll. You can do that with 7 pple or so veno less.
    hiding behind alot of those bosses as they only have frontal AOEs helps too, same with cenimnator
  • Kazue - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Took me 12 at 70 or something, but I only had a herc not a nix. It's not hard to keep a pet from dying, and even if it does... channeling gear is sufficient to revive a pet (unless you're really low level)

Of course its not hard to keep a pet from dying, you just need to be watching the screen. With the stuns, there is only a small window every 3-4 minutes for you to revive a pet. Sometimes its just faster to run out of its stun range to revive a pet. But if you are soloing, thats not really a option.
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    If you are bored and want to kill a easy world boss, go kill Soul Hunter. Then again... you'll be even more bored b:shocked, since it last about 4 hours with 3 squards. Zzz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Kazue - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    Options
    If you are bored and want to kill a easy world boss, go kill Soul Hunter. Then again... you'll be even more bored b:shocked, since it last about 4 hours with 3 squards. Zzz

Do it at my level, and it takes 1 hour with 3 people.
  • DarkYin - Dreamweaver
    DarkYin - Dreamweaver Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Level 9? b:laugh
  • Randoms - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I am more interested in what level do you have to be so you dont get one shotted by the NPC guards.
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

3 level 9s = 12 squads? O_o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Vinvagrant - Heavens Tear
    Vinvagrant - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Is Strong a WB? I once saw a veno solo it with a nix...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Is Strong a WB? I once saw a veno solo it with a nix...

no miniboss thingy. minimal dmg. barbs can solo it on charm. like 1-2k dmg or so if i rememebr right.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Kotecek - Lost City
    Kotecek - Lost City Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I am more interested in what level do you have to be so you dont get one shotted by the NPC guards.

Umm .. not lvl but lucky, my barbs keeped alive from one hit by NPCs ..cuz they missed b:chuckle
    My chars: 97 barb, 87 cleric, 91 veno, 80 archer, 74 Blademaster, 34 Psychic, 30 Assasin, 20 Wizard, 44 Seeker, 20 Mistyc.

^ I have SO many personalities to play them all! b:cute

And YAY for my Phoenix!(on THIS veno ^^) b:victory
  • Angerr - Harshlands
    Angerr - Harshlands Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    2zpjlgw.jpg

They can be tanked by pets too b:laugh
    Takes about 25-30 mins to kill though with 6 men D:
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Umm .. not lvl but lucky, my barbs keeped alive from one hit by NPCs ..cuz they missed b:chuckle

I believe Olee said they do around 8K on him as 91 barb.( not completely sure )
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Kazue - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2009
    Options
    3 level 9s = 12 squads? O_o

For soul hunter there are really only 2 effective dds (archers and nixes). casting class have long chan time and will get stunned (interrupted) more often then not. melee class aren't really the best of choices as they aren't really great dds (and of course they tend to die if they take aggro). i have been in a party of 2 9x arch and 1 8x veno that manage to out dd and claim soul hunter from 2 party of mixed 8xes (technically we're only competiting against the stronger party).
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    2zpjlgw.jpg

They can be tanked by pets too b:laugh
    Takes about 25-30 mins to kill though with 6 men D:
    yeah if you spend a couple mill on blessing of the pack that the herc has >.>
  • Angerr - Harshlands
    Angerr - Harshlands Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Well it costs a lot more than a couple of mil normally on harshlands, the server is still young as far as I know there are only 3 bless hercs so far. But if it costs 2 mil on HT, why not get it and then just sell a ton of g9s, profit ;D
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Sad thing is all low-maned WB has a veno with herc or nix in the squad. I'd really want to see a 10man or less done veno less. That would require some good concentration and skill than 4 venos all healing one herc.... You gotta admit herc is used cause its way easier to maintain as tank, than a barb with way more dmg. Nobody stupid would use it if it was harder than barb.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan