Half-casting range for Vipions and flying dragon-based mobs?

UsedTo - Dreamweaver
UsedTo - Dreamweaver Posts: 19 Arc User
edited July 2009 in General Discussion
It gets annoying. Any reasonable explanation?
Post edited by UsedTo - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Randoms - Dreamweaver
    Randoms - Dreamweaver Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Umm, I dont really get what you meant...
    I kill things b:victory
  • UsedTo - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    What I was referring to was the obvious low range when I/you channel a spell at the mentioned flying mobs. On the other hand, when I'm fighting with Foxwings I get the full range cast of 25.5m
    Am I clear enough now?
    The question mark above my head was about the range reduction, maybe to below half (i.e Vipions).
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I've never had my range halved, maybe it seems like it because vipons are smaller?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kaine17
    kaine17 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    feels like that for me too, but it's probably just because you're in the air. if you look at the minimap, flying mobs are actually a lot farther from you than they look
  • Nerithos - Sanctuary
    Nerithos - Sanctuary Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Yeah, I don't think range is halved. My spells all have the normal casting range. As OMGLAZERZ pointed out, it's probably having something to do with their model being smaller than, say, foxwings.
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Not to mention when you are on the ground you can not put distance vertically between you and the mobs. Just on a horizontal level. In the air you can put distance both directions. Seemingly you can be right on top of the mob, but 25 meters above it and cast, therefore it looks like you are closer than you actually are. Same applies to water. On land you can't go up unless you fly so you don't notice it like you do in the air. If you fixate on a certain air mob it will pull you the shortest distance to the mob. On the ground it of course can only pull you forward. It really isn't different it just appears different. Hope this helps.

Yeah, I don't think range is halved. My spells all have the normal casting range. As OMGLAZERZ pointed out, it's probably having something to do with their model being smaller than, say, foxwings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    well for air dragon-like mobs...like the pterosaur or something, it's because the mobs are ****ing huge, so they look close, but really your range is not gimped against them. they will float toward you until you feel like they're in your face before they start casting.

same with sharks, which you'll encounter in a few levels
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • UsedTo - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    I see. Thanks for clearing that up.
    I might have another question here. I've read a thread a few days ago from which a man told us that from these flying mobs (he mentioned only vipions) you can get 1.5k xp therefore it's quicker to lvl there.
    I get the same xp as from ground mobs. (i.e 200-3xx)
    What's the catch?
  • Walterthewf - Harshlands
    Walterthewf - Harshlands Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I see. Thanks for clearing that up.
    I might have another question here. I've read a thread a few days ago from which a man told us that from these flying mobs (he mentioned only vipions) you can get 1.5k xp therefore it's quicker to lvl there.
    I get the same xp as from ground mobs.
    What's the catch?

Air and water mobs base XP is multiplied by a 1.5 multiplier.

If you receive the same xp for a ground mob as you do for those air mobs, it is because the base xp of those ground mobs is higher then that of the air mobs after being adjusted for your level.
  • UsedTo - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    So you're saying that I should be maximum 1 to 3 lvls above the air mob to get the most out of it?
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    So you're saying that I should be maximum 1 to 3 lvls above the air mob to get the most out of it?

Same can be said of any mob in general, but yes. You'll get the most out of them as long as you aren't at least 4 levels above them.
  • UsedTo - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    I see. And which air mobs should I look for at 47 since Native Vipions are too low now? Where are they located?
    I found only the 50 ones.
  • UsedTo - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    Thanks anyway.
  • Elfaria - Dreamweaver
    Elfaria - Dreamweaver Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Flying mobs are my favorite to grind with.
    I don't think that our range is halved at all. :l
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I see. And which air mobs should I look for at 47 since Native Vipions are too low now? Where are they located?
    I found only the 50 ones.

When I was around 50 I liked the vipions above that lil city south of Etherblade...hidden heroes village or something like that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear
    Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    What I hate more about Vipions is their ability to sometimes ignore their own channeling time and just speed cast their Mana & Life Burn at incredible speed.
  • UsedTo - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    Well, thanks guysb:pleased
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    This happens in water to I believe.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Theia - Dreamweaver
    Theia - Dreamweaver Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    To find mobs ur level, go to www.pwdatabase.com/pwi and choose level range for monsters. ;)

Btw, if u really want to get confused in air, try grinding on Firebath Phoenix in Burning Lands. Those things are soooo huge, I lost my distance perspective totally b:cute
  • killermachine
    killermachine Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Well you can use ramshackle rocs( 48 metal) in the air above fb39 entrance
  • UsedTo - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    To find mobs ur level, go to www.pwdatabase.com/pwi and choose level range for monsters. ;)

Btw, if u really want to get confused in air, try grinding on Firebath Phoenix in Burning Lands. Those things are soooo huge, I lost my distance perspective totally b:cute

And what should I search for? Couldn't figure it out.
    Well you can use ramshackle rocs( 48 metal) in the air above fb39 entrance

Thanks. Found them. Rare on this spawn though.