Seek Help with AOE for Barb

Rhaeghar - Lost City
Rhaeghar - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Barbarian
Im looking to start AOEing but need some advice as to what attack skills I should lvl and in what order i might use them. I figure Flood in tiger form and The humanoid skill with push back are givens.
Post edited by Rhaeghar - Lost City on

Comments

• TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    AOE grind... leave it to bms

u may have a little more exp than normal grinding but at a high cost of pots/charms and repairs (we take a lot more than bms to aoe a group of mobs = more hits)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    i tried uploading a video of how i aoe grind, i can gather about 40 white named mobs and wipe them, but i can never get the video to succesfully upload to any upload site.
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PopeOnDope - Harshlands
    PopeOnDope - Harshlands Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    i tried uploading a video of how i aoe grind, i can gather about 40 white named mobs and wipe them, but i can never get the video to succesfully upload to any upload site.

ahab:scorn
  • RockSkin - Sanctuary
    RockSkin - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited July 2009

Upload to youtube dude. We really would like to see that! b:pleased

40 monsters looks tempting...b:dirty

What AoE skills are you using and what's their levels?
    Life's too short to be wrong.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wolfgore - Heavens Tear
    Wolfgore - Heavens Tear Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited July 2009

HAhahahhAHAhahhahah I can't even gather 40 mobs when Zhenning sticky b:laugh
    ahab:scorn

+1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arravis - Lost City
    Arravis - Lost City Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Aoe grinding with a barb is quite different from a BM, given that we have a different AOE skill set. First step is to get a cleric. We kill slower, and we don't have a physical defense sutra, so it's unlikely that we can make enough to cover for charm costs.

Usually barb aoe grinding revolves simply around Slam - to bush back a majority of the mobs before they hit you. Doing nothing but Slam making aoeing ridiculously slow, however.

Here's one of the tricks I do to get more damage in:

1) Wait the mobs, then Frighten them all.

2) Use beastial onslaught, followed by Surf Impact.

3) Try to build enough chi for either a high level sunder or a double spark.

Granted, a barb also has other AOE skills, namely Swell and Firestorm, which are all pretty bad imo. I keep these at 1, but regardless, a level 1 skill hitting 10 mobs at once is more effective than a level 10 beastial onslaught hitting only 1 mob at a time. Use them.
  • Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited July 2009

let me guess... you gather the 40 mobs.

Lets imagine you have full chi (3 sparks).

Double spark (consumes 2 sparks), chi pot (get 1 spark), Tree of Protection (extra HP for 5 seconds), Perdition (consumes 2 sparks)?

Damage = OP
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    let me guess... you gather the 40 mobs.

Lets imagine you have full chi (3 sparks).

Double spark (consumes 2 sparks), chi pot (get 1 spark), Tree of Protection (extra HP for 5 seconds), Perdition (consumes 2 sparks)?

Damage = OP
    using spark eruption doesn't grant u a stronger armageddon... armageddon is like 2000-4000 phys damage + ur hp/mp it is not based on ur base phys damage or on ur weapon damage so that would be a waste of sparks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Budika - Sanctuary
    Budika - Sanctuary Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    The way I AoE grind is 3-5 Mobs.... I use Sunder, Frighten, Bestial Rage, Surf Impact, Alacrity, (regular Hit's till Surf is up) Usually all mobs are dead or near dead by this point. If I've got a Cleric I get 6-12 mobs we both do AoE's they all die.

Usually only my MP charm is being used for this. HP charm rarely ticks but all my tiger skills are lvl 10
  • Elronia - Heavens Tear
    Elronia - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    What you need a cleric for? You forgetting a wizzie can :-
    a) Heal
    b) Has more aoe spells available and more powerful than a cleric so mobs die faster.
    c) We can help the barb with Will of the Pheonix too ease the pain WHICH HITS ALL 20 of the mobs and it hurts them.
    Barb needs too be in catform an use all the skills available including sunder.
    Wizzie needs too know when too attack, its takes complete trust on both parties an complete understanding of each persons role.

Rest is trade secrets ill not share cos i wanna taunt you allb:laugh

Yes it can be done an best part about it is niether party need to be charmed.
    Mobs die fast, Barb doesnt get close too been in danger, Wizzie needs too be carful an if things go wrong, run to the barb.

FYI My grinding partner an myself have been doing this sinse April maybe earlier an we got 4 levels off it.

You also need too split any drops an coin evenly AFTER you both repaired. Barb gets a big repair bill. Wizzie doesnt.