Blade Masters(BM)

Options
gruntyssa
gruntyssa Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Blademaster
ok i have tryed a BM once..and failed horrible..i am trying one again and hoping it goes betteri have turned to the forums for a bit of help..i understand the debate about a BM and his weapons and what the build is and thats not my problem... i am NOT gonna use fists..i have a choice of swords/axes..and icant decide..i think it would be a good idea if i could be able to use Both!?! only..i dont know how to place my attribute points..and i need sugestions and helps or guides..or whatever it is cuz i am horrible at this forums thing...i owuld prefer to use both maybe..but i dont know if thats an option..anyone?
Post edited by gruntyssa on

Comments

• Hathian - Dreamweaver
    Hathian - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Since sword is heavy dex and axe is heavy str, to be able to wear both of your level, youd have rather low hp.

I reccomend going axe/pole for max aoe ability OR pole/sword for max pvp.

Since pole is the median for str and dex, you can use either combo and still have good hp.

-Hath
  • Shotay - Lost City
    Shotay - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    You can use both at higher levels, but first just pick one. Axes have an extra stun, and have more aoe skills but I'd pick sword first, since I think dex is more important at lower levels. After you have plenty of extra spirit points start leveling axe skills :]
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    be like everybody and use axes or be unique by using any other lol.
  • BlackCompany - Sanctuary
    BlackCompany - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    that...was a suprisingly fast answer..alright..so..i prefer the swords but the axes are better...like going swords for lowers lvls...and then axes and such for higher lvls like you sugested? being able to use both?
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Options
    that...was a suprisingly fast answer..alright..so..i prefer the swords but the axes are better...like going swords for lowers lvls...and then axes and such for higher lvls like you sugested? being able to use both?

the easiest path is axes. this is why:

1v1, 1vmultiple, pvp, tw, zhen, ect. is all solved by AOE. which means axes. IMO there is no challenge at all.

However, if you want a challenge you can pick other weapons as they are more difficult. The ones who do not know how to use them, say that those weapons sucks and they dont, they just meant to be played in a different way.

you can also be hybrid like me, this way you use several weapons among axes (I even use a bow). You need axes for the aoe. You can then use other weapons for situations in which axes are not the best (btw, this is sacriledge according to axes users as they think axes are the best in any situationb:chuckle)

So, you know hybrid is probably the funniest bm out there, as you have the right answer for every situation given. Useless skills (useless as per axes guysb:chuckle, since they only undertand AOE) become very good when they are combined with other skills from other weapons.

Saying that, either hybrid or any single path aside from axes is way more challenging and requires more from you to make it work and ignorance from other bms and other players is a challenge of its own too as you have to play with them.

BTW the most axes you use, the most likely to ignore the benefits of the other weappons. I think a 5 year old can get to level 105 using axes. you cannot say the same with other weapons.
    edited July 2009
    Options
    your also what lvl 89 ..or something so it would be much easier for you to use a hybrid build..and the reason for me wanting a hybrid is cuz they do have a better..lets say handle in tight spots rather then just swords..or just poles axes stun/aoe swords for other stuff.i like the look of poles but the skills arnt the best..i am not looking too good on the fists bm not that i have tryed it i dont plan on it..i decided finally on axes ..and then eventually it will split into swords and such with my str/dex split.looks harder to go from swords to axes with the ammount of str difference in weapons..its more of a pick one now and be more open later look for the BM.
  • Guardgodess - Sanctuary
    Guardgodess - Sanctuary Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    i really don't think going hybrid is a smart move in the lower to mid levels because you won't have enough spirits to level the required skills, so you'd be **** in both/all areas, instead of decent in one path.

i have a lvl 37 axe bm, and i am having a major hard time trying to see which skill i really need to level and which ones i don't need right now, cause there really isn't enough at this stage.

however, i don't think i'll go dual path, axe and polearm later when i have more sp and free money
    edited July 2009
    Options
    money is never an issue with me...so thats not my worry at all i always run out of spirit..and i am going to foncus on axes for the first track because of their skills.
  • complexx
    complexx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    the easiest path is axes. this is why:

1v1, 1vmultiple, pvp, tw, zhen, ect. is all solved by AOE. which means axes. IMO there is no challenge at all.

However, if you want a challenge you can pick other weapons as they are more difficult. The ones who do not know how to use them, say that those weapons sucks and they dont, they just meant to be played in a different way.

you can also be hybrid like me, this way you use several weapons among axes (I even use a bow). You need axes for the aoe. You can then use other weapons for situations in which axes are not the best (btw, this is sacriledge according to axes users as they think axes are the best in any situationb:chuckle)

So, you know hybrid is probably the funniest bm out there, as you have the right answer for every situation given. Useless skills (useless as per axes guysb:chuckle, since they only undertand AOE) become very good when they are combined with other skills from other weapons.

Saying that, either hybrid or any single path aside from axes is way more challenging and requires more from you to make it work and ignorance from other bms and other players is a challenge of its own too as you have to play with them.

BTW the most axes you use, the most likely to ignore the benefits of the other weappons. I think a 5 year old can get to level 105 using axes. you cannot say the same with other weapons.

I really dislike your "Holier than all" attitude towards axes.
    There is a difference between something that's easier / harder and something that is stupid.

Example: A single weapon tree path of swords for pvp. Bad.
    Axes aren't "easy mode" They simply offer the most off one tree path.
    Just because you want to be different (Which is a plus in my book anyone who branches out is + points in my book.) Doesn't make you a better player.

Warriors have enough stacked against them (Low damage, Defense skills ruining other defense while boosting, non-ranged) People who take first path as axes still have alot of things against them.

Lastly no matter what tree path or build. You're not a better pvper because you kill people. Goes with axes > fist > spear > sword. Takes skills to pvp no matter what weapon. There is no easy mode for warriors.
    b:cute

Sinnerz Lost City PvP.
  • Jarmarcus - Dreamweaver
    Jarmarcus - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    i didnt know the game had duals
  • Taihen - Sanctuary
    Taihen - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I think... You can use both weapons. Axes are stronger than swords. But swords are the basic weapons of blademasters.
    For attribute points, it is different. Everything depends on the chosen weapon (because a weapon of higher level needs a special number of points) but for blademasters, the strength and the vitality are preferable. Magic isn't important, you are a blademaster after all... And dexterity is for archer, not for blademaster (if you needs it for your weapon, naturally, you can have some).
    For me, swords, strenght and vitality are necessary because of my weapon.

That is all.

Goodluck.
    For the sake of everyone who risked their lives for me...
    ... I'll try to be strong...!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Options
    complexx wrote: »

There is a difference between something that's easier / harder and something that is stupid.

Example: A single weapon tree path of swords for pvp. Bad.
    Axes aren't "easy mode" They simply offer the most off one tree path.
    Just because you want to be different (Which is a plus in my book anyone who branches out is + points in my book.) Doesn't make you a better player.

Warriors have enough stacked against them (Low damage, Defense skills ruining other defense while boosting, non-ranged) People who take first path as axes still have alot of things against them.

Lastly no matter what tree path or build. You're not a better pvper because you kill people. Goes with axes > fist > spear > sword. Takes skills to pvp no matter what weapon. There is no easy mode for warriors.

its a matter of opinion, when you use any built aside from axes as your skills are more likely to damage one opponent rather than every opponent around you . You have to make a quick decision of which opponent are you picking and which of your skills you are using to help yourself and squad.

As you are grinding, you should not grind on the same mobs that axes guys do as your toon again is for 1vmob rather than 1v many mobs. In my case I try to grind on water mobs always.

again the list goes on and on.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Options
    i really don't think going hybrid is a smart move in the lower to mid levels because you won't have enough spirits to level the required skills, so you'd be **** in both/all areas, instead of decent in one path.

i have a lvl 37 axe bm, and i am having a major hard time trying to see which skill i really need to level and which ones i don't need right now, cause there really isn't enough at this stage.

however, i don't think i'll go dual path, axe and polearm later when i have more sp and free money

going hybrid does not mean getting all skills from every weapon or having all masteries at the same level ect.

being hybrid means to get a main path and get what you are lacking for your BM from other weapons. for you to do that you will realize that you only need to have some skills to level 1.

Your main for instance could be axes and you should get shadowless kick and cyclone heel from fists. Again for this you only need level 1 in each.

your main could be fists and you should get drakebash from axes and when you can get all the regular AOE.

Again there are many ways to do this to make it work. In my case, I picked sword, fists and axes.
  • alkaiza
    alkaiza Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

Well most people who are high lvl axe BMs think they are holier than all, that they so say "oww i can 1 hit u with my axes" sounds familiar?

Lastly no matter what tree path or build. You're not a better pvper because you kill people. Goes with axes > fist > spear > sword. Takes skills to pvp no matter what weapon.

There is no easy mode for warriors.

Well if every server would start over again, and new players will play the new server then yes there is no easy mode, but we all know that can never happen on the old servers, well his opinion for easy is a BIT (just a little bit)"off" but i too find axe the easiest to manage, first is that a lot of peeps are axe so they can guide u and give u advice contrast to pole,sword and specially fist, 2nd even without asking a lot of newbies can watch and observe higher lvls do the axe way meaning they learn faster than pole/sword/fist who usually dont know what theyre gonna do with their build, and what their purpose is as a pole/sword/fist and lastly acceptance before this forum war started between axe/pole/sword vs fist , back then fist had the hard time getting accepted from rbs, zhen and aoe grinding coz they were put down too much most squads look for axe bms coz of their great aoe skill and thats all what they were looking for so an axe bm didnt , and wont really have a hard time getting attention... A true to gaming life storyb:cryb:cry
  • alkaiza
    alkaiza Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    going hybrid does not mean getting all skills from every weapon or having all masteries at the same level ect.

being hybrid means to get a main path and get what you are lacking for your BM from other weapons. for you to do that you will realize that you only need to have some skills to level 1.

Agreed, but having all masteries is a must coz if ur a fist u should realize ur BASE str isnt that high compared to axe so having a 60% increase would really be helpful but u dont need to stress urself to get all the masteries at the same time go first with ur main then to the u think u will use most.
  • Tyopsis - Heavens Tear
    Tyopsis - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    No weapon is the best, they all have strengths and weaknesses.
    The main thing is, get what you like.
    Its only a matter of opinion.
    thats all i have to say.
    (I'm saying this from my low lvl point of view b:surrender)
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    Hippie - Harshlands Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    You can use both at higher levels, but first just pick one. Axes have an extra stun, and have more aoe skills but I'd pick sword first, since I think dex is more important at lower levels. After you have plenty of extra spirit points start leveling axe skills :]

if u play a bm there ius never extra spirit pooint actually
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • Rupture - Dreamweaver
    Rupture - Dreamweaver Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    if u play a bm there ius never extra spirit pooint actually

GRATZ ON 89 HIPPIE b:thanksb:surrenderb:cute. Bms rock<- just to be kinda on topic :P.
  • _zemun_ - Dreamweaver
    _zemun_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    what r fistes like in use of blademaster