Genies are ridiculous...

Options
MissBehaved - Sanctuary
MissBehaved - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
edited July 2009 in General Discussion
For one thing can we say "faeries'?? Genies do not have wings and they live in bottles.

Don't get me wrong they are fun to have. I have pk genie, lvl 60, pve genie lvl 85 and solo grind genie level 80. Very handy. But cmon 16k crits??!!

We work 6 months to get to lvl 88ish, grinding, questing, farming mats for gear and weaps, and some nub with a genie can crit pk you...ridiculous imo.

Of course I love it when mine crits b:chuckle ..still..ridiculous.
My generic avatar icon b:surrender

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

<enter intelligent comment here so people are impressed>
Post edited by MissBehaved - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    k....................
    Quit.
  • Kamikiri - Lost City
    Kamikiri - Lost City Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Don't get me wrong they are fun to have. I have pk genie, lvl 60, pve genie lvl 85 and solo grind genie level 80 Very handy. But cmon 16k crits??!!

We work 6 months to get to lvl 88ish, grinding, questing, farming mats for gear and weaps, and some nub with a genie can crit pk you...ridiculous imo.

Looks like QQ about getting pwn'd by a genie b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಙೆ_ಙೆ Rage sauce face, it's my expression everytime you necro a thread. ~Made by Konariraiden!
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

Pretty much. I'm guessing the spell in question was probably Thunderstorm, which is blocked by Heart of Steel. Fire HoS at the beginning of the battle, and during your invincibility, pwn away. Or, you know, use the pots that absorb metal damage. b:victory
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

The PK genies are the new phoenixes
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    And, I must add: Damn PWI's developers and their deviations from true realism!!!

b:shedtear

It seems to be more of a translation problem than anything else. I think they decided to use the name "genies" so people would not get them confused with the level 89+ "fairies. Although I agree that the name genies is very missleading.

I am still waiting on my 3 wishes from my genie...
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • kaine17
    kaine17 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    :D
    they should totally call them flying lolis

:D
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    And, I must add: Damn PWI's developers and their deviations from true realism!!!

b:shedtear

Mainly going by what alot of other players have said. You thinking of arabian genies. Asian genies according to other players are fairy like.
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Genies sounds a lot better than fairies.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Cbastor - Lost City
    Cbastor - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    QQ, u are a bm probually using physical alter marrow in pvp like a nub "most cq bm do it for some reason.."then another bm dragon thunerstorm crit u for a real big number. it was ur fault ,just learn to pvp
  • Stealthninja - Sanctuary
    Stealthninja - Sanctuary Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    QQ, u are a bm probually using physical alter marrow in pvp like a nub "most cq bm do it for some reason.."then another bm dragon thunerstorm crit u for a real big number. it was ur fault ,just learn to pvp

marrow or no marrow lvl 10 thunder **** HA users
  • MissBehaved - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Options

Naw Im not even pking right now, just trying to work on leveling, but I hear friends in vent, I just feel genies (faeries) should be used for pve not pvp.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited July 2009
    Options

Hehe thank goodness I am not a bm who relies on alter marrows, I cant stand them! When you are pking it is usually against multiple players of diff class's and genies, mine arent even on my hot bar anymore, guess I am a fail bm for not liking alters. Works well for pve bosses tho.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• dekciw
    dekciw Posts: 954 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

... I've seen you run with Phy.Sutra in TW so many times.
    ZzXVdr5.png
  • DarkYin - Dreamweaver
    DarkYin - Dreamweaver Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    You thinking of arabian genies. Asian genies according to other players are fairy like.
    Actually, no. They're thinking of Disney genies.
    The story of Aladdin (from Thousand and One Nights) is in fact an outlier, where a djinn was bound to a lamp. Normally the Arabic djinns have nothing to do with bottles/lamps.

I'm not sure what "Asian genies" are though, since "genie" = "djinn" = Arabic. It's probably something lost in translation, but I didn't think our (I'm Chinese) folklore has little flying faeries. ...or flying around on swords, so whatever. b:laugh
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Actually, no. They're thinking of Disney genies.
    The story of Aladdin (from Thousand and One Nights) is in fact an outlier, where a djinn was bound to a lamp. Normally the Arabic djinns have nothing to do with bottles/lamps.

I'm not sure what "Asian genies" are though, since "genie" = "djinn" = Arabic. It's probably something lost in translation, but I didn't think our (I'm Chinese) folklore has little flying faeries. ...or flying around on swords, so whatever. b:laugh

i do believe we had people flying on clouds, wheels, and various animals...lol
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • LadyNox - Sanctuary
    LadyNox - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Naw Im not even pking right now, just trying to work on leveling, but I hear friends in vent, I just feel genies (faeries) should be used for pve not pvp.

wow!
    so u decided to come on the forum and QQ because u "hear" others QQing in vent about genies?

b:chuckle typical
    dont post on things u dont even know.
  • Zzeennaa - Harshlands
    Zzeennaa - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I am new yes but my genie has no stamina I can't use it and no idea how or where to feed it chi stones ...any help appreciated...thanks
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

Funny. Since the general consensus used to be that Genies sucked for PvE. b:laugh Sounds to me like most people don't know what to do with them.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I suppose we could start renaming the NPCs to have all american society based names too, Bob, Fred, Banker Smith, Tailor Suzan, and have the apothecaries hold KFC buckets.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    at least with genies 1v1 between phys vs phys became possibe to win <_<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    at least with genies 1v1 between phys vs phys became possibe to win <_<

also become possible to finish battle in 3 seconds for bm attacking bm/barb, woo genie balance
    edited July 2009
    Options
    wow!
    so u decided to come on the forum and QQ because u "hear" others QQing in vent about genies?

b:chuckle typical
    dont post on things u dont even know.

Haha I love the maturity level in this game.

I am just expressing my point of view. We all see things differently and thats what great about life, no need to try and put me down, all I do is laugh when someone does, sad your life cant be happy.

I didnt say i do not like the faeries I think they are awesome and adorable. And the three 80+ ones I have are GREAT for solo grind, pk and pve.. As I stated at the beggining of my post is it is ridiculous to see a level 50 person crit someone for more then their hp when they worked hard to be 30 levels higher. RIDICULOUS b:chuckle

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited July 2009
    Options
    I suppose we could start renaming the NPCs to have all american society based names too, Bob, Fred, Banker Smith, Tailor Suzan, and have the apothecaries hold KFC buckets.

Hahaha thats so ridiculous it made me lol ty b:victory

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    You don't want true realism in a combat-oriented game. A company I used to work for made tank sims for the U.S. Army. We decided to make a tank sim game since a lot of the software was ours, not the Army's.

The play-testers hated it. They'd be driving around in their tank, and BOOM! they're dead. No warning, no chance to react, no second chances. We had to change the damage model to be less realistic. Your tank could take several hits before being killed, with progressively degraded capability the more damage you took. Roleplaying games don't even degrade your capability when you take damage.
  • Bebisita - Dreamweaver
    Bebisita - Dreamweaver Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

Sounds good to me. Sure beats Banker "Ho" and the 80 NPCs named Hsin. b:beatenup
  • DarkYin - Dreamweaver
    DarkYin - Dreamweaver Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    i do believe we had people flying on clouds, wheels, and various animals...lol
    Yeah, we've got flying wheels of fire as weapons! So... yeah. b:laugh

Also, I've love some fried chicken of rejuvenation. Tastes like awesome!
  • MyNameIsPooh - Harshlands
    MyNameIsPooh - Harshlands Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    *noticed about 2 people (including OP) who spelled "fairies" wrong o.O*

Random posts ftw

-Poohb:fatb
    I R NO ALT >:O
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Genies are awesome <3 ToPb:dirty
    Quit.
  • Taihen - Sanctuary
    Taihen - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I really hate genies. I want sell mine because I don't like that little fairy. She is flying, flying... *PAF*

So... Anyway, you can sell it after 1 week, and for 1000Coins (?) so...

Goodbye.
    For the sake of everyone who risked their lives for me...
    ... I'll try to be strong...!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]