edited July 2009 in Barbarian
Should I keep it at 1? b:question
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by FedTehNoob - Lost City on

Comments

• XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I don't think it's worth leveling...nice skill to engage two mobs in close proximity(in the early stages,) but a waste of coins to level at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Kourg - Heavens Tear
    Kourg - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    if u think it correctly u will see that at lvl 1 it does some dmg anyway.. i use it for AOE alongside with slam and it does some usefull extra dmg.. but i dont think that i will lvl it more than 1 skill point... maybe far later when i will have some spare points of spirit..
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I always get a level 1 of any aoe skill, that does minimum wep damage to all in range (swell, surf impact etc.)

I wouldn't bother leveling it over 1 until you have Sp to spare and maybe got a sage/demon book for it.
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Shredclaw - Sanctuary
    Shredclaw - Sanctuary Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    At least get it to lvl 2. It's yur first semblence of an aoe and it helped me out of a couple tight spots with two mobs attacking me at once.
    I used to wonder why I would have these scary dreams every month. About the wolf, who kept running through town. And as I wondered, I also thought about how I couldn't remember having those dreams before being bitten by this very big dog...

But now I know the truth.
    And I am not afraid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    yes, level it, youll need it for PK.
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Devilmages - Sanctuary
    Devilmages - Sanctuary Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    well i got firestorm which hits all basicly like swell but better so imgood :) i wouldent max it plus slam
    i like pie
  • Temblor - Harshlands
    Temblor - Harshlands Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I would get it. For a barb every AoE is good to have.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kiss my pointy ears!
    Girl IRL-guy cleric IG.b:cute
  • Devilmages - Sanctuary
    Devilmages - Sanctuary Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    well ya its good to have but dont lvl it unless you really want to spend spare points and money into it
    i like pie
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Its an AOE skill, I'd level it, but hey, I didn't reach 40 yet on any char so yeah i am a newb still b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
    edited July 2009
    The only really spammable aoe for a barb is slam (and thats got a rather long cooldown).

Firestorm does nice damage, but it uses a spark and is a straight-line aoe. Two mobs next to each other will get hit though, but you may need to maneuver any more than 2 mobs so they are more or less in a straight line.

Swell isn't all that bad, its arc is fairly decent (I'd say about a 90degree arc), but the problem with swell (more a bug if you ask me) is it will only attack mobs from left to right.
    What I mean is if you have four mobs on you (all within the 90 deg arc) and you use swell, if you've targeted the left mobs, only it takes damage, while if you've targeted the right one, all four (may?) take damage.
    Also the added damage from later levels of swell isn't all that great (imho). I think you're better off investing that SP into something other than swell (save em for Perdition or Sunder maybe?).

But to each his own, nothings ever written in stone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PopeOnDope - Harshlands
    PopeOnDope - Harshlands Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    sry for being bit noobish and off topic now but how many AoEs do we have?
    and can barbs AoE grind effeciently? (money income/expenses, exp gain and at what lvl)
  • Werebeasts - Sanctuary
    Werebeasts - Sanctuary Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    and can barbs AoE grind effeciently? (money income/expenses, exp gain and at what lvl)

bout 4 1 tiger i beileive and 3 humaniod slam swell and firestorm there ok but slam is like a main aoe there
    edited July 2009

Humanoid:
    Swell, firestorm, slam, perdition
    Tigerform:
    Surf Impact, Roar, Frighten, Sunder

There is a 89+ and a 100+ aoe but I'll leave them out for now.

Thats a debatable question.
    If you looking at exp gain, yeah you can aoe reasonable well by skill spamming. But it costs a bundle in charms and repairs. I don't think its worth it. Thats just my opinion though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PopeOnDope - Harshlands
    PopeOnDope - Harshlands Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    If you looking at exp gain, yeah you can aoe reasonable well by skill spamming. But it costs a bundle in charms and repairs. I don't think its worth it. Thats just my opinion though.

guess iam gonna zhen and let the BMs knock themself out with the AoEsb:surrender