Complain against random healing

Frijolero - Sanctuary
Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Cleric
When I play with my cleric I like to go around and heal, buff or rez others players while questing or grinding.

Most of the time I get the 'ty', 'tyvm' or even a squad or friend invitation (If you wanna make a lot of friends ingame fast, play with a cleric b:victory), but yesterday a guy just went mad cause I heal and buff him.

I can understand some ppl won't like beign rez by a low level cleric toreduce his exp loss (I won't rez till someone ask for it), but start cursing you for healing and buff ? (he hadn't any buffs, so he couldn't say I overran his high lvl buffs with mines).

I wonder if anyone of you had the same experience before, players outisde your squad complaining for gettin' free clerical service from you.
Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
- June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Frijolero - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Camerlengo - Dreamweaver
    Camerlengo - Dreamweaver Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I've never had that problem- but then again I'm still new. People don't even complain when I rez them with level 1/2 revive.
    Full power to the Vagiroscope!
  • nqeib
    nqeib Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    People like heals and buffs - most of the time. Sometimes they may be testing something or killing themselves on purpose, though, and they don't welcome any clerical help there. This isn't very common, and there's no need to take his words to heart. Personally, I think it's okay to buff if the person has no buffs whatsoever. If you see a hp or mp regen buff, you can just slap on phys/magic defense buffs or something.
  • Novinha - Dreamweaver
    Novinha - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I've gotten a complaint once on my cleric. I healed someone because it looked like they were close to death (using pots) so I healed them a couple of times. They though I was trying to steal aggro. Ah.. that one really got me.

Other than that incident usually people are happy to get buffs or heals.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tamaguchi - Harshlands
    Tamaguchi - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I don't bother to rez or buff people unless they ask for it, nor will I go halfway across the map to rez someone with my level 10 rez. In fact, I prefer to leave my rez at level one, since why should other classes be spoiled, who is going to rez a cleric when he dies, especially in a TT or FB?
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    What the above poster stated...

Never randomly buff someone!! Some use powders (pots) and one of our buffs can override them.

Just wait till someone asks. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Keyne - Heavens Tear
    Keyne - Heavens Tear Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Sometimes I have noticed that the buff on a player, after I click on them, dont show up at first. I have inadvertently overridden some buffs because of this little glitch. Kinda why I choose to leave my mp/hp buff out of my macro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Garmr - Harshlands
    Garmr - Harshlands Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Personally I love getting random Cleric buffs. You guys are awesome :) I haven't had my life powder overridden before but then I don't use it too much as a Barb.

And I always say thanks in the regular chat as soon as I've finished the mob I'm working on. I don't always catch the Cleric's name, otherwise I'd send a whisper.
    Leader of Howl on Harshlands (Recruiting.)

"Now Garmr howls loud before Gnipahellir, The fetters will burst, and the wolf run free..."

Howl! The winds of Ragnarok come borne upon this she-wolf's feet.
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    nqeib wrote: »
    People like heals and buffs - most of the time. Sometimes they may be testing something or killing themselves on purpose, though, and they don't welcome any clerical help there. This isn't very common, and there's no need to take his words to heart. Personally, I think it's okay to buff if the person has no buffs whatsoever. If you see a hp or mp regen buff, you can just slap on phys/magic defense buffs or something.

That reminds me when I was going to do my first quest on Archosaur I saw this blademaster gettin a beat from an arboride dryad. After i healed him the first time he wrote on common chat 'no healing plz. i wanna die'.

That sentence plus his hairstyle (the one that covers half of his face) made me wonder and then laugh... emos on PW, who ever though 'bout it ?

oh, and I understand you very well Tamaguchi. but not always they ask 'bout it. Most of the times they just stand in front of you waitin' for the buffs or they start stalking you till you buff em'...
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XzXTIMETXzX - Heavens Tear
    XzXTIMETXzX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    lol^^^^ i agree ill be grinding with friends and there's always at least one random person to run up and stand in front of me or stalk me until i buff, but yet they never say anything.
  • Mint_sage - Heavens Tear
    Mint_sage - Heavens Tear Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    b:chuckle

http://memberfiles.freewebs.com/90/91/43799190/photos/-Corns-Pic-Gallery/buffs.bmp

i have sort of a problem with ppl if they are lower lvl... b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    by Forsaken :D
  • Eclipse - Dreamweaver
    Eclipse - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Whenever I buff I will give the pdef,mdef, and matk. If they do not have any hp/mp regen icons i will give that one, however, if they do I make sure to ask if they want it over ridden or not.

This seems to work fine for me b:cute
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I never do this unless they ask for other than res someone if they complain about it to bad.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Stophle - Heavens Tear
    Stophle - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I may simply ignore someone who buffs me more than chew them out unless they are also trying to KS me or getting in my way. I do not really like being buffed or healed or revived though. I like to see what I am fully capable of without ANYONE'S help. Just me, my fists, and the monsters all having a good time killing each other. It is extremely annoying if I am actually using a Powder though to have someone override it with their lesser Celestial Guardian (Personally, I think they should make that skill more powerful for what it costs in terms of Spirit & Coin).
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Celestial Guardian (Personally, I think they should make that skill more powerful for what it costs in terms of Spirit & Coin).

I am with you on this one.It should be hit every time you are hit you gain this amount of hp/mp back.
  • Dianocus - Sanctuary
    Dianocus - Sanctuary Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I used to go around a rez anyone who was dead and buffed anyone who was not buffed. Now that has all changed. Since my recent encounter with a player who got mad caused I rez'd him when no other Clerics around I took it upon myself to not rez or buff anyone without them asking first. When I was fighting Boneyard Defectors near the patch of Bulldoc Massacres. I watched a Veno run right into them and she was 1 shot by them and died. Well this was a funny scene to me and I expected her to ask me to rez her but she didn't so I kept on fighting the defectors next to her body. So to make a even longer story shorter it is not my obligation anymore to rez or buff without being asked first.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    You know there are 2 options when being ressed either press the res button or go back to town button or is that scroll.
  • NeBaVi - Dreamweaver
    NeBaVi - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    i once got pissed on my bm, cuz then i rly was testing myself out, can i solo it. well thanks god that my exbf/cleric who was healing me and he forgave me everything. so i didnt harm any cleric player i don't know
  • Khina - Heavens Tear
    Khina - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I've gotten a complaint once on my cleric. I healed someone because it looked like they were close to death (using pots) so I healed them a couple of times. They though I was trying to steal aggro. Ah.. that one really got me.

Other than that incident usually people are happy to get buffs or heals.

Some players can be real jerks, if they are on the brink of death and don't want a rez or buffs; I'll just keep flying and let them die. I had some like that complain about me "stealing aggro" I said whatever, you were going to die. But most of the time I get a ty or things that I didn't ask for.b:pleased
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    when i rez some1 i usualy buff them too, but i HATE IT WHEN NOOB CLERICS OWERWRITE MY BUFFSb:angry
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nikamerece - Lost City
    Nikamerece - Lost City Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Wow... after reading all your replies, suddenly I don't feel bad for not buffing rezzing anyone who hasn't asked or isn't in my squad or faction. Even then.. if there's a higher level cleric around, I leave it to them.
    Cleric Power! b:chuckle Clericism movement anyone? =D

"We are not your slaves,
    We are not your babysitters,
    We are not your personal med-pack,
    We are Clerics, god dammit,
    And if your death means the survival of the squad as a whole,
    Well...I'll see you in hell..."
    -Sralyn [Dreamweaver]
  • Chrisssss - Sanctuary
    Chrisssss - Sanctuary Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Yeah never had that kind of problem before but then again when I was in my lower lvls the server was about 3 months old. So a lot of ppl around me didn't have a clue what they where doing b:laugh so a nice heal and buff from a random cleric was nice I guess.
  • Dizzy - Lost City
    Dizzy - Lost City Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Personally max buffs cost a lot of mana to cast in our already mp draining training cycle. I'll usually do the opposite and advanced spark surprise attack someone that stalks me asking for a buff more than 4 times.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Every time someone replies on an alt to someone, you know they scared.

Faction History in Order:
    RageQuit, Hate, Darknes, RedHawk, NoAngels, FightClub, Harvester, Peerless, FinalOath, Koi, ThaClick.
  • Ari_m - Dreamweaver
    Ari_m - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    eh, sometimes i feel bitchy and just dont wanna buff or res playersb:chuckle. When I do buff/res, its usually lower lvled players and of course, squads. But I am surprised to hear that someone actually complained bout being buffed.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I do not really like being buffed or healed or revived though. I like to see what I am fully capable of without ANYONE'S help. Just me, my fists, and the monsters all having a good time killing each other.

So you want to see if you're capable of...not losing the exp by will alone when you go to town? XD

I don't see any problems with ressing someone, unless you're not at full ress, but I warn people beforehand. Mine's currently at level 9, so I always ask them if they're waiting for a level 10 ress before I ress them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."