Killing Animals

alline
alline Posts: 1 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
Whats the best way to kill Darkbreed wolfkins my pet and i keep dying even after killing one. I'm a lvl 21 Venomancer.
Post edited by alline on

Comments

• Serafimo - Sanctuary
    Serafimo - Sanctuary Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I just left that quest until later >.> Think I could do it fine with a magmite in late 2x and definitely by 3x. You don't get items from that quest anyways so it can be deferred.

Alternatively, you can ask high levels in the area to party you and kill them.

And if you haven't done your fb19 yet (call to duty), there are Darkbreed Wolfkins in the untamed fb19 which your party will have to kill along the way.
    [offering art commissions, pm for more]
  • Randoms - Dreamweaver
    Randoms - Dreamweaver Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I did that quest as soon as I got it.
    The trick is to lure mob. Its done by sending your pet to attack, unsummoning, then resumoning, you have agroed one mob, and veno can deal with it. Even my barb could took them 1v1.
    I kill things b:victory
  • Arshies - Sanctuary
    Arshies - Sanctuary Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Luring is a nice way to kill it in solo but dont care about attack it health your pet and u will get it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • Garmr - Harshlands
    Garmr - Harshlands Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Try proper luring (Pet Attacks once, Unsummon, Resummon pet as the wolf heads for you). If that doesn't work, partner up with a Barbarian - we can tank them. I was able to tank four at-level when the quest came up for me, though I saw most other Barbs struggling a bit - running with the wolves trailing. Tends to happen a lot and makes it nearly impossible for another player to get the kill credit if the barb's been stringing them for a while.

If you see a barb with four wolves on his tail, invite him to your squad and start attacking them. He'll probably be a bit grateful as those things don't let you be after you catch aggro. I think one barb ran clear to the river and back (at least 3 times that I saw) and he still hadn't lost them. When I started picking them off with my Wiz, the kills didn't credit to my quest because he'd been playing with them for so long, even though their health was back at full when I started firing.
    Leader of Howl on Harshlands (Recruiting.)

"Now Garmr howls loud before Gnipahellir, The fetters will burst, and the wolf run free..."

Howl! The winds of Ragnarok come borne upon this she-wolf's feet.
  • nqeib
    nqeib Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I did the quest at level 17 or 18 on my veno (I think, it's been a long time). I had a crystalline magmite, and it was able to tank very well if there was only one wolf hitting it. This is where luring or selecting wolves that are alone come in. I think I pretty much spam healed, though.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Try proper luring (Pet Attacks once, Unsummon, Resummon pet as the wolf heads for you). If that doesn't work, partner up with a Barbarian - we can tank them. I was able to tank four at-level when the quest came up for me, though I saw most other Barbs struggling a bit - running with the wolves trailing. Tends to happen a lot and makes it nearly impossible for another player to get the kill credit if the barb's been stringing them for a while.

If you see a barb with four wolves on his tail, invite him to your squad and start attacking them. He'll probably be a bit grateful as those things don't let you be after you catch aggro. I think one barb ran clear to the river and back (at least 3 times that I saw) and he still hadn't lost them. When I started picking them off with my Wiz, the kills didn't credit to my quest because he'd been playing with them for so long, even though their health was back at full when I started firing.
    What kind of gear did u have? Theres no way a barb at lvl can solo those more than 2 at a time at the initial time the quest comes up. My barb was VIT base, normal quest gear, but also had HP charm and HP potions. Tiger form, spamming pots with charm equipped, he was barely able to kill and tank 1. 2 on him and he was good as dead =/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Eagle_pw - Heavens Tear
    Eagle_pw - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Those wolfs are very aggressive. If you attack one, the other will come after you. I'm new to this game also and I didn't both with that dungeon until level 30+.
  • Garmr - Harshlands
    Garmr - Harshlands Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    What kind of gear did u have? Theres no way a barb at lvl can solo those more than 2 at a time at the initial time the quest comes up. My barb was VIT base, normal quest gear, but also had HP charm and HP potions. Tiger form, spamming pots with charm equipped, he was barely able to kill and tank 1. 2 on him and he was good as dead =/

Standard NPC HA gear at the time. Strength Dex build, so I didn't miss. Tiger form, with Flesh Ream and Alacrity fully leveled, + Rage. Might have had a +Stat ornament but I'm not sure. Did a little bit of pots spamming, and my charm did tick a couple times. But I was definitely tanking 3-4 at a time and it did get a little hairy a time or two. I also stuck around after my quest to help out a few people who showed up later and were dying easily. I was level 18 at the time. I forget what level the quest triggered but I did it that same day not long after I got it.

I've seen at-level barbs survive the beasts before, but usually while running back and forth across the screen. Didn't think my tanking the lot of them was so unusual. But it's definitely invigorating XD I've also solo tanked all my bosses (at-level) except for the FB ones so far. Krixxix is the only one that's killed me, tried him out at level 33. Bad idea it turns out... His damage comes too quickly for my charm to handle.
    Leader of Howl on Harshlands (Recruiting.)

"Now Garmr howls loud before Gnipahellir, The fetters will burst, and the wolf run free..."

Howl! The winds of Ragnarok come borne upon this she-wolf's feet.