Sub 60 Non Axe BM

Options
Sixshooter - Dreamweaver
Sixshooter - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Blademaster
Rerolling Barb or BM, cant decide yet, but was wondering which weapons are good when not speccing axes? Sub 60 you get good axes thru the supply box, but if u spec sowrd, spear, or fist ur on ur own to keep up with quality weapons. IS that easier than it sounds? I only browsed AH, there were no non-axe spec weapons available at the sub 60 level. Ill check again tho.

In terms of Barb or BM, why did any1 who reads this choose BM over Barb? I like that being a barb I wont have to wait around for a tank, just a cleric, but I hate that until 80 or so I am not at my full potential. I like in BM that I can aoe grind, but I dont like the limitations to weapon spec. I'd stay archer but at 67 I am already bored. I can grind maybe 3 at a time same level, and although the numbers are nice its just as boring as Hunter was in wow. If only BM's had stealth >_>

Last question, in terms of BM Tanking, which bosses can a BM tank, and of the harder bosses, how much higher do they need to be before a BM can tank them, and with which weapon spec?
Boss examples: DoD, Kong, Krimson, and any magic bosses around the 50-70 quest levels.
Post edited by Sixshooter - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Guardgodess - Sanctuary
    Guardgodess - Sanctuary Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    well, as you can see i'm a lvl 73 archer, but i am very bored of archer atm. i can only kill stuff one on one when grinding so the exp comes quite slow and let's face it, it's not fun at all, hit frost arrow, then normal shot till the mob is dead.

i've rerolled an axe bm and he's lvl 32 right now. i gotta say, i love being a bm. the damage is quite nice (much better than barb's, which is one of the reasons i chose bm over barb), however, i do tend to skill spam though.

i love to have some defence, which is another reason i don't really like being an archer, i get torn apart easily, espeically in pvp. however, i don't really fancy the tank position, which is again, why i chose bm over barb.

i love to deal damage to multiple targets. while on archer, i try to use sharpen tooth arrow every chance i get, provided i won't aggro too much mobs to get me killed. this is another reason why i picked bm over barb. as a bm, you can aoe grind very effectively and efficiently (provided you are axe or polearm.)

however, don't get me wrong, i love the tanks and i most certainly respect them, since they are the ones who keep us from getting hit and saves us on repairs. also, i heart goes to their determination cos i really find barbs very hard to lvl, hence after maybe 10 tries, i've been taken a barb over lvl 36.

also, from what i can see, barbs and bms both do well in pvp.

so choose the class based on which role you want to play.

about the bm tanking, i'm not a really fan of it, cos you won't be able to hold aggro that well.
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I went spear and just picked up axes also. For sub-60, I made my weapons. Making 3* was hard so I went with 2* I made till I was bored enough to keep trying for 3*. There are not many none-axe weapon on AH is probably because not enough people use other weapons for it to sell fast. I've put up a few old 3* spears on AH but gave up after no one buys them for a while.

I picked BM over barb because well... mostly for the looks and damage. But looking for a tank at 60+ is frustrating and I do wish that I've rolled a barb SOMEtime.

As for tanking, I've been able to tank pure physical bosses for the ones that are my quests. Alter Marrow helps. I tanked my own Kimsa, Gouf, Viriddis, Rattus, DoD, Slit and 49 cult bosses etc. As for harder bosses like Jewel or Krimson, I didn't have enough HP to not get 1 hit. I haven't tried Jewel up til now (flash backs), but I was able to tank it last week. Haven't tried Krimson yet and don't plan to anytime soon. As for tanking in fb goes, I was able to tank the fb 10-15 levels below me with good clerics, but that's just up to fb 51 at 6X. I haven't tired tanking fb 59 yet, but then again, I stopped adding vit. Even if you are able to tank it, you'll have no aggro skills and an archer your lvl WILL steal aggro if they don't hold back. Stream Strike is ****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk