Lvl limit On Fb quests

Shredclaw - Sanctuary
Shredclaw - Sanctuary Posts: 311 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Suggestion Box
I talked with a few of my friends and we agree that while having a lvl 70 tank on fb 19 is easy, it doesn't really encourage teamwork as much as actually working with others near your lvl to complete the quest. We think it might be a good idea to put a limit on how high a lvl can help you with a fb, maybe 20 lvls higher than when you get the quest.
I used to wonder why I would have these scary dreams every month. About the wolf, who kept running through town. And as I wondered, I also thought about how I couldn't remember having those dreams before being bitten by this very big dog...

But now I know the truth.
And I am not afraid.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Shredclaw - Sanctuary on

Comments

• FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Why **** higher level people out of a fun time and easy rep/exp?

If you don't want high level players on your FB runs, don't invite them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Shredclaw - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    What kind of xp can lvl 70 players get from fb 29? can't speak for the higher level fbs, but I went just fine through fb 19 without some player nuking the whole dungeon. All I needed were some other people around my level in the squad. If at all possible, just not allow them in the squad when someone is doing the quest. you can still grind in there on your own time, then.
    I used to wonder why I would have these scary dreams every month. About the wolf, who kept running through town. And as I wondered, I also thought about how I couldn't remember having those dreams before being bitten by this very big dog...

And I am not afraid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2009
    What kind of xp can lvl 70 players get from fb 29? can't speak for the higher level fbs, but I went just fine through fb 19 without some player nuking the whole dungeon. All I needed were some other people around my level in the squad. If at all possible, just not allow them in the squad when someone is doing the quest. you can still grind in there on your own time, then.

On a 29, I think it's 12kish for the boss kill, but only if in a tabbed party. 19s are actually more experience. 20k iirc. That's 5-10 minutes worth of work for 2-3% Not significant, but a easy and fun break from grinding.

It's also a fast, easy, fun way to get rep.

None of that really matters though - my issue with your idea is that it doesn't actually benefit anyone.

There is nothing stopping you and your friends from doing your own FBs without help from higher levels. There is absolutely no need to block out higher levels from part of the game they might enjoy.

It's a good deal of fun for my friends and I to solo each other's alt FBs - what right do you have to take that enjoyment away from us simply because you personally don't want people doing it for you?

You DO have the right to choose who goes on your FBs. You absolutely DO NOT have the right to pick who goes on other people's runs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear
    Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I talked with a few of my friends and we agree that while having a lvl 70 tank on fb 19 is easy, it doesn't really encourage teamwork as much as actually working with others near your lvl to complete the quest. We think it might be a good idea to put a limit on how high a lvl can help you with a fb, maybe 20 lvls higher than when you get the quest.

I do not believe this is a good suggestion because the difficulty of the FB's is ill tailored to characters of the level or close to the level of the FB. They are just frankly too darned hard, especially FB 19 when you have no real skills yet and FB 29 where Quingzy is insanely powerful.

It also may be very hard to get the type of help you need to accomplish the FB when you need it thus slowing down the progress for the poor tabber when as it is now they can progress more easily by finding a high level character to just take care of the FB for them.

Example: If you are in a faction and most of them are lvl 50+ and you want to get help with your FB 19 you are screwed with your system which is just silly.

Also, some of these FB's can be quick and easy EXP, Spirit, and a tiny bit of extra coin for higher levels and there is no real reason to take it away from them. If you want to make them for people of the level of the FB and not high levels then make them reasonably DOABLE by people of that level first.
  • Shredclaw - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Ok, you both have given very reasonable arguments. I know when I'm beat, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. Probably not as good an idea as I thought it was.
    b:surrender

And I am not afraid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2009
    I will say, however that your idea of doing your FBs with lower level teammates is a very good idea. It's great practice for many aspects of the game.

I just don't like the idea of forcing the practice on the game, is all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shredclaw - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Yea, yea, yea, bad idea, I get it.

And I am not afraid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IVenomPearl - Sanctuary
    IVenomPearl - Sanctuary Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    omg no level limit please -.- I like being able to see how strong I've gotten by being able to solo an fb lol...and I also like having higher levels save me from being destroyed by my own fb's mobs x.x Higher levels makes doing an fb way faster too, saves time..and it's something for us to do. >>
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I think they made the game this way so higher levels are inclined to help lower levels. It is pretty much recommended towards high levels, such as the "help lower levels with fbs event".

However, it is not too hard as long as everyone in your squad has common sense and did not buy/****/steal their account. Except fb19, thats a tricky one at low levels. All the other fbs (fb19~79) are easily doable with a squad plus or minus a few levels of the fb. I cant speak for fb79+ as I have never done those.

Its actually pretty quite fun to do with a squad your own level. Still, I do not believe that they should put a level limit on such fbs because that'll **** us over even more in terms of rep. Sure, you can do it with lower levels and ignore the fb helpers on world chat, or you can just roll a joint, sit back and relax while higher levels bum rush you through the fb.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Feito - Dreamweaver
    Feito - Dreamweaver Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Don't be so quick to give up, Shredclaw!

I like the idea. But the FB would probably have to be nerfed so a lvl 19 party can do it... So maybe instead of messing with the FB19, maybe a universal FB with level and class reqs would be good. Maybe not at 19 but at 30 when people will have more skills and game experience.

I mean, it's nice to have high levels tanking through the place for you but isn't more fulfilling to be part of a team that you have a necessary role in?
    InStyle is the greatest faction on Dreamweaver! b:victory
    Feito is...
    [x] Still a LA Cleric
    [x] in possession of a BURNING TIGER SPIRIT b:angry
    [x] Sipping some F--KING tea
    [ ] Totally KICKASS
    [ ] Extremely wealthy
    I've got some ways to go!