Help with choosing a class?

Options
sockz
sockz Posts: 9 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hey guys, loving perfect world so far, i just need help with one thing.
I'm a wizard at the moment (only level 8) and i love the big numbers and attacks, but i don't like the low hp, solo and slowness.

I mean, i just don't want to get up to a good level in the wizard class if there is a better class out there for me.
I've done a bit of research and so far i don't want to be a Archer, a Barb or a Venomacer. Apparantly archers don't do great damage in the beggining and i'm not patient enough to deal with that. I don't wanna be a barb cause they look freaky and don't wanna be a Venomacer cause i'm a guy and i'm not playing as a girl.

So that leaves Blademaster, Cleric or i could stay wizrard. I'd like a class that's fast, does decent damage and is good for parties and PVP. I deffiently don't want a boring class.
Thanks,
Post edited by sockz on

Comments

• Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Pick a Blademaster
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • sockz
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Yeah baldemaster is looking good, but i need to know what type is best for me. Fists? Axe? I have no idea. I like the idea of fists but i have no idea how quick it is or how much damage it does. thanks for the quick reply btw
  • Prediction - Lost City
    Prediction - Lost City Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    whatever you pick, don't grind, do quests since lvl 1
    FPW > PWI b:victory
  • sockz
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Noted =) Thanks
  • sockz
    edited July 2009
    Options
    awww now i have no idea... blademaster seems really hard, and apparantly fists aren't good. cleric doesn't look great and mage isn't good at PvP and dies alot... I'm really stuck.
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    sockz wrote: »
    awww now i have no idea... blademaster seems really hard, and apparantly fists aren't good. cleric doesn't look great and mage isn't good at PvP and dies alot... I'm really stuck.

Axe Blademaster is the most popular build.
    Quit.
  • sockz
    edited July 2009
    Options
    isn't axe expensive though?
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    sockz wrote: »
    isn't axe expensive though?

Probablyb:mischievous
    Quit.
  • sockz
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I'll think i'll just stick with wizard. Thanks
  • Guardgodess - Sanctuary
    Guardgodess - Sanctuary Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    just a side note: wizard isn't necessarily cheaper than blademaster, since you'll drink mp pots a lot and you will die very easily if you are inexperienced.

as an axe blademaster, you can aoe grind in the later levels, which make you level very fast and get lots of coins, dqs and other drops
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Onlyjayy - Heavens Tear
    Onlyjayy - Heavens Tear Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Actually
    Choose the Blademaster
    And go with Fists
    Fist Blademaster is the fastest build
    So it's good
    Wizard are really squishy throughout the whole game
  • Kedth - Sanctuary
    Kedth - Sanctuary Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Roll BM and use the path you like the most...

BMs arent expensive, in fact we r one of the classes which you can earn more coin well-played. Fist ones probably the weaker in terms of coin profit.
  • silentxkiller
    silentxkiller Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    at your lvl, just grind on quests.
    if you are worried about low hp, are you by any chance trying to train on monsters higher lvl than you?
    btw i'm an unsupported archer. its not that slow to lvl and i do decent damage with 1str 4 dex build. archer's not very expensive either like other ppl say cuz the drops sale vs buying arrows is giving me overall positive margin (i dun buy pots and i dun need any)
  • Garmr - Harshlands
    Garmr - Harshlands Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I prefer Wizard over Blademaster, but both are in my top 3 fave classes to play. (Barb is the third.)

Wizard is squishy, yes. In PvP though, everyone's squishy early on, especially on a PvP server where the people coming after you have 30-40 levels more than you do. In PvE, a wizard can Kite, use Life Powder for HP regen (and Focus Powder for MP regen), and Stone Barrier for Physical defense. I play a Light Armor wizard on a PvP server. I have a great time on PvE, I rarely died except for when I tried to take on a Boss a bit too early ^x^; In PvP, I've been killed a few times but I was mostly a 3-shot which wasn't as bad as I was lead to believe. (On the other hand, my Barb here is a 1-shot to a 7x wizard. And the wizard wasn't throwing crits any of the times he got me.)

If you're looking for a powerful ranged class, Wizard is it. Archers are almost as squishy and get a damage gimp up close, and still don't do as much damage in PvP as a wizard does. (7x Archers take 3-8 times shots to kill me than a wizard does! They only matched the wizard's normal damage when they hit a crit.)

But if you like the melee aspect more, go with the BM. The longer healthbar is nice. Not as nice as a Barb's but BM's are undeniably fun to play. (My preference is swords or axes, though.)
    Leader of Howl on Harshlands (Recruiting.)

"Now Garmr howls loud before Gnipahellir, The fetters will burst, and the wolf run free..."

Howl! The winds of Ragnarok come borne upon this she-wolf's feet.
  • Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Necro Thread
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
  • kaine17
    kaine17 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Necro Thread

how is this a necro?
  • Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    lmao my mistake... but you know the user joined Nov 2008 xD.
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
  • blackmaster379
    blackmaster379 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I'm not shure if the following is 100% correct but...

1. clerics die alot (only good to play if u love healing friends/ppls...)
    2. wizards have slow casting and low hp so is easy to be killed
    3. blademasters are good damage dealers and have multiple weapon choice (got low magic defense)

so if u see... i would go for a blademaster... an axe-blademaster is my favourite.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!" ~ Kephras - HeavensTear.
  • Taranta - Dreamweaver
    Taranta - Dreamweaver Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    And there's the necro Dominatiger was talking about. He was just too early.

If a thread has been inactive for over a month, it is considered dead, and forum rules will have you start a new one instead of ressurecting the dead one. So try not to "necro" in the future, okay?
    I shall dominate the Dreamweaver server through the use of Baked goods...and only baked goods.^^[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Venomancers are Female. Barbarians are male. It will forever be this way. So suck it up and deal with it already.
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    guys check last posted date plz ..... necro post is necroing
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]