Tw Insentive

Options
Huddle - Sanctuary
Huddle - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Suggestion Box
^^ dont know if i spelt that right b:surrender

I had an idea that might get people more involved in TW

YOU GET EXP!!!

everyone want exp. so if being involved in a faction that does TW and then going on a TW gives you exp, there might be more fighting for land.

who knows.

i havnt really thought of any bad points for this idea, so feel free to b:angry :D
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
Post edited by Huddle - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Absoluth - Heavens Tear
    Absoluth - Heavens Tear Posts: 764 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    TW is about power and money (income from owning land) in a fun pvp event. What does gaining experience have to do with it? How is that an incentive if already every player in game wants to be a part of it?
    PWI:
    "Free to play. Pay to win"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear
    Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    The Coin rewards are far more than incentive enough. Some people do not want to participate in TW because they are not into PvP in this game, Some avoid it for cost reasons, and others like myself ignore it because the Factions who hold territory are far too powerful to waste my time trying to topple.
  • Okorielko - Sanctuary
    Okorielko - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Huddle,

Once you get a faction together that is both strong and organized enough to defeat Nefarious or Legendary, let me know. Then I can tell my husband, and he can join you guys, LOL.

By the way, how did Dreaming manage to obtain land? I was very surprised when I checked the TW map and saw them there.
  • Huddle - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I agree with all of you and I realize that the money and power should be enough. But I dunno because people don't like pvp maybe they would do tw if they got exp. And I have found a faction powerful enough... Dreaming! And yes they own land and yes I am in dreaming
    Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    The Coin rewards are far more than incentive enough. Some people do not want to participate in TW because they are not into PvP in this game, Some avoid it for cost reasons, and others like myself ignore it because the Factions who hold territory are far too powerful to waste my time trying to topple.

There's a contradiction there, cost vs coin reward. They don't tend to pay enough to cover costs and loss of income you could make otherwise, especially if they expect you to sit around idle for an hour in a squad before hand.

I'm against people getting exp for it though. There are other rewards for territory already like free teleports to owned territory. It's up to the administrators of a faction to decide whether their members are earning their keep, and to provide incentive.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Huddle - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I agree with the teleports. Because dreaming owns the centre bit of land it's nice to just tele to the centre of the map :)
    For me money isn't an issue in this game. So I don't do tw for the money. But I can see why some people would love the tw rewards
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    The problem isn't what the reward is(coins vs exp), but who gets the reward. As it is now, all territories in older servers are dominated by one or two guilds far stronger than all others. It cost coins to bid, but only winners get rewards. If it's impossible to win, which is the case if you don't belong to one of the dominating guilds, then you can't possibly get anything out of TW. Why would people participate when there's no reward of any kind, only losses?

Another problem is that land owned keeps making money round after round, without limits. This is incentive for dominating guilds to cut deals and even stage fake biddings, to avoid fights, instead of picking fights.

There should be:
    1) Some kind of reward for TW even if you lose, so that there's incentive for smaller guilds to even bother with TW at all.
    2) A limit on amount of turns a held territory can earn money, so that dominant guilds prioritize fighting for fresh lands instead of farming old ones. Reward for fighting, not idling.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    One person is able to lead 2 factions and barracade or protect the weaker faction in order to control more land. It's sad that TW has a monetary reward to begin with.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    people go into tw even when they lose because mass pvp is fun. the costs some people are just prepared to deal with, just as people in pve servers that go white name have to carry charms and stack dolls, but choose to go white name nonetheless.

i think the fact that you have land justify the monetary reward you get for it because you don't get attacked while not having land. when you don't have land you fight once a weekend, when you do, even just 1 piece of land, you have to defend up to 3 times a week. think about the costs for the land holding faction now. when factions start out with few territories, they need this money to mitigate the costs if other factions gang up on them. you can't not have monetary rewards because the cost to defend could be too high once you gain even a bit of land. i know this kind of contradicts what i've been saying in the first paragraph, but there's got to be a limit to how much you're willing to spend even if you love mass pvp that much

on the other hand, if you grind for 4 hours, that's like 1mil in coins at my level, there's your damn salary right there

as for the landless factions that bid and lose every weekend, maybe they should get a discount on cats, towers, pots to help them get started
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
    edited July 2009
    Options
    people go into tw even when they lose because mass pvp is fun. the costs some people are just prepared to deal with, just as people in pve servers that go white name have to carry charms and stack dolls, but choose to go white name nonetheless.

The problem is that those 1% of fun seekers are too few in number. If TW is organized so that it's not just a way to lose money, then the other 99% of players would participate, and we'd have more interesting TWs.
  • holyvier
    holyvier Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Huddle,

Once you get a faction together that is both strong and organized enough to defeat Nefarious or Legendary, let me know. Then I can tell my husband, and he can join you guys, LOL.

By the way, how did Dreaming manage to obtain land? I was very surprised when I checked the TW map and saw them there.

It took them more than an hour in 10-20 (Nef) vs 70-80 (Dreaming). At the time they won, Nefarious was pushing away Legendary really good so they didnt wanted to put more people on Dreaming.
    edited July 2009
    Options
    holyvier wrote: »
    It took them more than an hour in 10-20 (Nef) vs 70-80 (Dreaming). At the time they won, Nefarious was pushing away Legendary really good so they didnt wanted to put more people on Dreaming.

Had there been more guilds participating in TW, there would be a few more ones with the luck to get the same time slots as Nef-Leg fight, and a few more colors on the map.
  • Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear
    Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I agree with all of you and I realize that the money and power should be enough. But I dunno because people don't like pvp maybe they would do tw if they got exp. And I have found a faction powerful enough... Dreaming! And yes they own land and yes I am in dreaming

The problem here being that they still will not want to join in on TW because they KNOW they will not GET any EXP. Only the dominant Faction with their lvl 90+ characters will get EXP. All the rest of them will do is waste coin for no gain.

I would be hard pressed at the moment to justify spending the sort of Coin required to bid for an attack when our Faction could use that money to upgrade our gear, skills, and charm supplies. To instead just waste it on doing the PWI equivilant of having our Faction charge head long into a nest of Gattling Guns nakid is just stupid.
  • Feito - Dreamweaver
    Feito - Dreamweaver Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I was just discussing something like this with my friend. She was saying how she would PVP if she got exp for it. But if that happened, nobody would be interested in the other aspects of the game, I think.

I've never done PVP or TWs but isn't the whole point of it is to test your strength and skills? People shouldn't be treated the same as mobs.
    InStyle is the greatest faction on Dreamweaver! b:victory
    Feito is...
    [x] Still a LA Cleric
    [x] in possession of a BURNING TIGER SPIRIT b:angry
    [x] Sipping some F--KING tea
    [ ] Totally KICKASS
    [ ] Extremely wealthy
    I've got some ways to go!
  • _vincent - Dreamweaver
    _vincent - Dreamweaver Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    In my opinion, successfully holding your land every week should reward everyone that participated (offence + defence) gain Rep (maybe a low amount like 5 for every land your faction owns).
  • Huddle - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I was just discussing something like this with my friend. She was saying how she would PVP if she got exp for it. But if that happened, nobody would be interested in the other aspects of the game, I think.

I've never done PVP or TWs but isn't the whole point of it is to test your strength and skills? People shouldn't be treated the same as mobs.

Seeing as tw is only once a week I don't think it would take people away from the other aspects of the game. And if we did get exp for tw ( not outside tw pvping) then instead of wasting money on being beat down for some " fun " pvp they get some exp for their hard work
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    If u have been in a TW u know how much fun it is enough said
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Plicid - Heavens Tear
    Plicid - Heavens Tear Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    also it is a quick cheap way to climb PvP rank. I just wish there was a way to check you # of kills if you arnt in top 50...b:surrender
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    moved to suggestions, TW already has a pretty big incentive
    edited July 2009
    Options
    moved to suggestions, TW already has a pretty big incentive

Incentive to place fake bids and farm existing territories whatever way possible, not incentive to fight.