Pure going to Light

ShadowDrag - Lost City
ShadowDrag - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Wizard
--> ok, right now im a lv 83 (almost 84) full int wizard, i have 2.4k hp with out buffs and 2.8k pdef with my own buffs, i do pvp (killing pinks/red at west, Sp and HO) and i seem to die a LOT, im thinking of changing to LA to get more survivability, im not sure on cost to change the armors from robes to light, i have tried once (changing to LA) with np armors and it kinda sucked...any advicE? i'd ask that darkledge guy from torment (even though he pks a lot i acutally think hes a very good wizzy, LA with huge dmg -.-) but i cant find him..lol (yes i checked west arch)b:surrender, also if you say i should go light, please state a reason
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by ShadowDrag - Lost City on

Comments

• Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    DO NOT GO LIGHT!

at level 90 arcane armor is great. No point in changing now.

You can rebirth to lvl 86 and butterfly grind and fb your way to 90
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    those are low numbers for 83 in pdef and HP.
    but anyway, stay Robe till 90, the TT set is worth it.
    Save for refines and shards.

If u go for LA, u need to use only molds/legendary stuff at least +4 to somehow compensate with a lot of HP. On that note, just go as you are for 90TT set if you're a big player, if u plan to stay on mid 80s for a while ( like I do) u can switch to LA, might serve you well on PvP server.
    But be sure u have a shytload of refine on wpn and some +2% crit rings , cause otherwise you will just be pissed off by the dmg difference

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Roin - Harshlands
    Roin - Harshlands Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    i have 2.8k hp 3.7 p def and arcane.
    you just need to find some gear with pdef /hp adds and shard it and you will be fine.
    b:victory
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    My wizard at 84 had 3.1k hp 4k physical defense although i had to +4 everything and shard beautiful. 3star with physical def mods sharded garnet on boots and everything else is citrine four sockets. Other then three star i had Yaska, drum master hat, lvl 80 TT physical def necklace, cheap one star hp bonus cape. Pure build no vit.
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Fully buffed in my arcane gear(SB, Bell, Cleric) I had around 8k PDef, heavily sharded and using seal of seven belt and a necklace of assembled spirits(TT70 Gold).
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    But be sure u have a shytload of refine on wpn and some +2% crit rings , cause otherwise you will just be pissed off by the dmg difference
    lies.
    O_o
    (UPDATE: Actually, a full int guild member of the same level and I tested our damage on the same target, using the same gear, and he hit for 200 more sandstorm than me. 2900 vs 3100 average. Since then, most of our full int have restatted light armor...)

The damage difference is minimal. If it really bothers you, get some buffs & move on.
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    i have 2.4k hp with out buffs and 2.8k pdef

wow thats pretty low for your levelb:shocked
    Don't go LA now since you'r close to 90 and the 90 Arcane is awesomeb:dirty
    even LA wizards switch to Arcane at 90b:laugh
    Quit.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Just suck it up and focus on grinding, it'll be easier and faster as pure int.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    lies.
    O_o

The damage difference is minimal. If it really bothers you, get some buffs & move on.

the damage difference is NOT minimal.

I was LA and pure(ish) at the same level.
    HUGE damage difference
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Babidi - Heavens Tear
    Babidi - Heavens Tear Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    switched to LA at 78 .
    gotta love that 4356 hp and 5.2k phy def self buffed in pk.
    however,im restatting to pure again once i get my gear as it is possible to acheive those numbers.
    damage difference at the lower levels is negligible! it gets higher in the higher levels when everything is fairly well refined.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    lies.
    O_o

lol,
    yeah, go on LA. U better believe the dmg diff is that small or else you're gonna shoot yourself.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    switched to LA at 78 .
    gotta love that 4356 hp and 5.2k phy def self buffed in pk.
    however,im restatting to pure again once i get my gear as it is possible to acheive those numbers.
    damage difference at the lower levels is negligible! it gets higher in the higher levels when everything is fairly well refined.
    Will get +4k pdef as arcane, self buffed, at lvl 81 and about 4.5-4.6kpdef later on (~lvl 83) with both TT80 belt/necklace. the dmg reduction between 4.5 and 5.2 is minimal. True, my HP is ~3k now, so that 4.3 k of yours is an advantage against high pdmg classes. A wizz in my guild has ~same HP as you and he's arcane. I'm pretty sure u won't stand a chance there as LA, same with clerics if they hit u with sleep+debuf+mattk. U have more survivability against archers in LA, and that's about it. BMs and Barbs should never be able to touch you.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    lol,
    yeah, go on LA. U better believe the dmg diff is that small or else you're gonna shoot yourself.
    I have no problems killing mobs or people, so LA damage is fine. I rather be able to take a few hits, Undine Strike and Extreme Poison make anything hurt.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Babidi - Heavens Tear
    Babidi - Heavens Tear Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Will get +4k pdef as arcane, self buffed, at lvl 81 and about 4.5-4.6kpdef later on (~lvl 83) with both TT80 belt/necklace. the dmg reduction between 4.5 and 5.2 is minimal. True, my HP is ~3k now, so that 4.3 k of yours is an advantage against high pdmg classes. A wizz in my guild has ~same HP as you and he's arcane. I'm pretty sure u won't stand a chance there as LA, same with clerics if they hit u with sleep+debuf+mattk. U have more survivability against archers in LA, and that's about it. BMs and Barbs should never be able to touch you.

a BM tht is not able to touch a wizard is a fail. u better hav the hp and phy def needed to tank a stunlock.
    much harder for a barb though so yes, a barb shldnt be able to touch a gd wiz.
    its not tht bad also against clerics or other wizards, high hp compensates my really low elem def. my gear is not tht gr8, lvl 51 boots, 69 leggings,78 chest and arm. so its much better when u get LA tt90, even more hp, phy def, elem def.
    still, going to restat soonb:victory
  • Cryxtal - Sanctuary
    Cryxtal - Sanctuary Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    yep ! agreed, pro bms will always be able to touch wiz.
    Love Is Complicated.
    「愛は複雑だ.」
    Amor es muy complicado.
    《爱是复杂的》

Do not argue with an idiot, he will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience. b:bye
  • Cir - Lost City
    Cir - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Background: Level 20 LA Wiz with the LA standard current level +4 str & dex build, no added vit, rest mag....also should mention that I am dirt poor, no extra fundage to spend on CS. Since my old guild died out on LC and I am east coast based I switched to Harshlands to remain on a pvp server but with event times better suited for me. Also, the only character I have leveled above 50 is my LC cleric so I am used to playing a skill based character and I know enough to realize I have not experienced all the the game has to offer, for any character I have played. Furthermore, I suck at pvp, I know this, it's not opinion, it's fact. Now, having stated all of that, the question is should I stay LA or switch to pure now while my stats are still low or would it be better to start over? I read about LA being good for pvp & pve survivability but I will die anyway during pvp so what does that matter to me? As for pve, I have become quite proficient at kiting so I am now beginning to wonder why go LA since I rarely get hit anyway. I am also beginning to see that the "minimal damage" difference is not quite so minimal since it can mean killing a mob in 3-4 hits or 5-6 hits if you add up the damage per skill + the base mag attack #, not to mention the additional mp cost because you had to cast 2-3 more skills to kill the mob than a pure build and you have a lower mp pool and slower regen anyways. Any comments or suggestions?

P.S. I went LA mainly after reading Pandora's guide and also due to a lack of any wizard knowledge at the time. I started a wiz because I was tired of being a heal ho, I'm not the best at tanking, I like the look of wiz spells over archer's, BM seems to be just ****-n-slash and no fun for me there, and veno...well I get tired of constantly saying "I'm into women not men, so stop asking to embrace me!!"
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    lol,

Why so argumentative? And what's with the double posts? e-peen too big for just one b:chuckle?

...I would say something about LA, but Krsitoph & babi already did that b:kiss

b:bye
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    cause I tried LA on Sanctuary and I cannot find a character very productive when from lvl 33-34 a cleric that has anyway a better survivability will outdamage you by bigger and bigger margins, and archers will have an ever increasing dmg difference.
    That first build was spot on with Pandora's guide. I follow it to letter and was a big fail. No decent crit rate, no dmg, no big HP pool, no self heals, no squad benefit, no nothing. And let's be honest here, beside dmg wizard has no use in a squad. Take that away and u just have a useless char. Now with a pure wizz with undine and some genie skills the dmg output can be sick, so you bring some asset to the squad.

On PvP server I see the use of LA until 70 at least, maybe 80 but not after 90; because u need at least a decent pdef to classes like cleric and archer. Robe wizards are so rare under 70 on PvP server that there's no reason to fear about anyone/anything **** you for the lack of mdef.
    On PvE serve I cannot really see any benefits of being a LA, except probably if you're poor ... then the LA molds being so cheap will help you build a decent char.

PS: and look at the damn posting time, 10 min diffs

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Robe wizards are so rare under 70 on PvP server

Incorrect Robes are running around everywhere. It is the most seen type of mage on pvp even pre 70
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Pure is best if you're on the PvE server, no matter what level.
    Light armor is better 70-90 on a pvp server.
    Light armor is OKAY at 90-96, pure can still struggle with balancing defense/hp.

But past 96... mages have no reason to be LA. It's a ridiculous build once the Cape of Elite Leather and 3rd/4th map belts become available. I'm currently hitting 6.8k pdef full buffed without the cape and with mainly hp shards in my gear, pure ofc. 4k hp unbuffed, 5150 with WB buff. That's pretty reasonable considering it's a pure build, right? But next level my HP will skyrocket 300+ more hp, and my pdef will jump by ~500 along with the % reduction on the cape, and if I obtain 96 molder top (which I plan to eventually) it will jump again by another ~250 along with MORE % reduction.

Mages just get better as you level them, I'm going to enjoy PvP a lot more once I get that cape alone.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    omg lol there is not that big a difference between LA and arcane.. Being that I'm lvl 83 LA with a +2 2flawless mAtk yaksa... I have 4097-4744 magic atk buffed. My friend that has a lvl 83 pure int wizard with a +3 1beautiful mAtk yaksa has 5167-5989 magic atk buffed. Yes we both know our weapons (and gear) sucks. Saving for 90 stuff :P.

Anyway all our skills are basically calculated by adding the base matk + a % of your weapon dmg and then adding some number, and with the pvp penalty, the magic attack really doesn't make all that big of a difference :P The survivability is all based on how much you're willing to spend on your gear... so arcane would probably be better if you could afford it, but LA is a cheap way to get a little more survivability :P

When we go out grinding or pking together.. there really isn't much of a difference, we both take the same number of skills to kill the mobs that we grind on... most pvp is the same way. Anyway, at this level at least, the difference is so minimal it is rly a joke. When I'm hitting mobs for ~9k he's hitting them 10-11k. PvP wise... he's hitting a few hundred more than me... and I crit a tiny bit more than he does. Maybe things will change later on, but this heated debate about LA vs Arcane rly doesn't even matter until you hit your 90's anyway. I'll be sure to post up more stats when I get there.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • ShadowDrag - Lost City
    ShadowDrag - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    well im pure right now with endless +3 and 2 flawless and i have ~4900- ~6100 non buffed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]