Combo Guide! (with screenshot)

Centetric - Lost City
Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
COMBO GUIDE

OK so i made this guide because some of my friends dont know how to make a combo.If there is already a guide for this plz feel free to tell me.Also if the images are to big plz inform me also. A GM Plz sticky this i worked forever.

Makin a combo isnt that hard as you think.OK so follow these easy steps:

1.) Open your skills list by pressing "R". A new window will pop up. This is your skills list.

2.)Now go to the bottom of the window and press new.
2009-07-0922-13-06-2-1-1-2.jpg

3.)Now there is a window that pops up. This is where you will make your combo.

2009-07-0922-14-10-1-1.jpg

4.)So on the window on the right pick any image that you like.(lol that ryhmes)I chose a random flower thing.

5.)Now move a skill from your active skills list to one of the empty slots on the right window.Keep in mind the cooldown time for the skills.Any interference will cause the combo to stop all together.

Complete it in a way that pleases you.Like this:
2009-07-0922-15-26-1-1.jpg
Then press save.

6.) Your combo is now made. The only thing that you need to do at point is........ move your combo from the combo list to your skill bar.

2009-07-0922-15-34-1-2.jpg

Voila you have you combo. Now click on a monster and press the combo and just let it do its thing.

to edit a combo.Press the combo icon and the press edit and follow steps 4-6.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
*Buffs and movement can sometimes stop buffs.
*You should never target something else while in the middle of the combo( it may end it).
*Also do not double click a combo(if the cooldown for the first move in the combo is not done the combo wil stop.)
* If put the "Walk Behind Enemy" thing in the first slot and the combo will repeat itself.
*keep in mind the cooldown time because the combo does not wait for cooldown time, unless u put all the same skills in row

Thank you for reading this. enjoy your new combo

(P.S. i will improve the quality of the last image)

Special help:
RedsRose: helped me to add info on cooldown timer and decrease size of pictures
Mosz: informed me to add the additional info on buffs
TameThat: informed me on the repeat skill for a combo
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
~RedsRose
Post edited by Centetric - Lost City on

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Nice job...and a ton of people have no idea how to do this.

Additionally, people need to keep in mind cool-down times when placing skill for the macros. If there is interference, the combos will stop all together.

(ps --> Could you make the pics slightly smaller?)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited July 2009

Additionally, people need to keep in mind cool-down times when placing skill for the macros. If there is interference, the combos will stop all together.

i wish you could make macros for healing over and over without stopping after 8-9 heals.

it also would be nice for a delay in between heal macros for when u dont have to spam. Like an ironheart every 3 -4 seconds or so.
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited July 2009

I can make em smaller.Thanx for the positive input Rose
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited July 2009

I edited the images b:cute

thx for the help

i credited U
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~RedsRose
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    *bump* :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~RedsRose
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    *bump* :)

Thanks!! Looks much better and easier to see!!

b:cuteb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    good basic info prolly should mention walk behind at the start of a macro actually loops it, but yah because of cooldowns -channel ect doesnt always work just like normal macros
    also it seems like if some self buffs end during a macro, lets say blaze arrow drops during an archers spark /attack macro it sometimes drops the macro
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    thx didnt even know that ill add that and credit you :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~RedsRose
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    thanks for all the input everyone
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~RedsRose
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    *bump* :);)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~RedsRose
  • TameThat - Sanctuary
    TameThat - Sanctuary Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    There's some information missing, you can do combo that will repeat themself forever, which is really nice to do especially on boss.

All you need to do is to put the "Walk Behind Enemy" thing in the first slot and the combo will repeat itself.
    ~~~ My Guides ~~~

Mystical Tome (h ttp://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=250862)
    AOE Grinding with Venomancer (h ttp://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Guide_to_AOE_Grinding_With_Venomancer)
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    OK thx for the info ill add that and credit u
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~RedsRose
  • DMG - Dreamweaver
    DMG - Dreamweaver Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    What about using the same skill over and over?

I notice that when you hold down a shortcut key to spam a skill, sometimes it will cast more than necessary. I'd like to be able to make a combo that only casts the skill a certain amount of times to avoid overflow or wasting MP on spell interruptions from the mob's death. However, when I do that in macros, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Is there a way to tell macros to wait for the cooldown before attempting to cast again? I think WoW had the capability, but I'm not sure how that would be done in PWI.
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    I dont think you are able to do that lemme check
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~RedsRose
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    It will wait for cooldwon only if the its the same skill and u put the "walk behind enemy" icon at the begginng of the combo. I dont think that works in the middle of the combo though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~RedsRose
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Yea i tested it and it doesnt seem to work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~RedsRose
  • Lucky_Curse - Lost City
    Lucky_Curse - Lost City Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    OMG we can use combos @_@ lol ty and yeah i never knew about it... lol ty for the info ^_^
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    yw Lucky b:victory see ya ingame b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~RedsRose
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    thanx for ur input evey1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~RedsRose
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Thanks. I was having problems fully understanding this now I can make up a combo with skill get interrupted.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • CandyCaneNJ - Dreamweaver
    CandyCaneNJ - Dreamweaver Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Thank God Almighty for you making this great Guide! I had no idea how to do this and now I do. b:victory
  • azahlin
    azahlin Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    @ Centetric:
    Have you ever tried to put the veno Fox Form in a combo in a way that you change from normal form to fox form and that cast a few "fox form only" debuffs? This in not wiorking for me. b:cry
  • DarkYin - Dreamweaver
    DarkYin - Dreamweaver Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I heard the Fox-form change screws up combos, so you can't link between those.

That walk behind enemies thing, does it literally walk behind enemies, or is it safe for ranged classes to toss into the combo list?
  • Albester - Sanctuary
    Albester - Sanctuary Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    It does not walk behind, not sure why it says that - typo?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    i said the thing about loop first page :P
    and its a mistranslation, one of few glaring ones in this version
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    i said the thing about loop first page :P
    and its a mistranslation, one of few glaring ones in this version

its really something i only put on the front of the combo idk about putting it in the middle of a combo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~RedsRose
  • Bosk - Sanctuary
    Bosk - Sanctuary Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    The "Walk Behind Enemy" function can be used inside a combo to cause all actions after it to repeat. This is good when you want to start with an action, but then repeat other actions through the combo.

For example, my Barbarian uses Beastial Onslaught (a range attack) then follows it with a barrage of other attacks that all have a long cool down (6 to 15 seconds) then I repeat Stomp of the Beast King (cool down only 3 seconds).

If you use repeat alone, however, you will get pummeled. To give my barb something to do even in those three seconds I add the Normal Attack icon after SotBK.

So, my combo looks like this (Left to Right)
    1. Beastial Onslaught
    2. Bestial Rage
    3. Mighty Swing
    4. Garrotte
    5. Walk Behind Enemy
    6. Stomp of the Beast King
    7. Normal Attack (green icon of a sword)

This usually is all it takes to finish a mob my level (currently 49).

Two more things:

1. If you add skills that use Chi, make sure you have enough. If you don't, the combo will end and you will be just standing there like one of those clown punching bags for the mobs. I prefer to not add chi based attacks just to be safe.

(This is true of Mana too.)

2. You can turn off a repeating attack by doing something else. For example, a cleric can repeatedly heal, but if the subject is full, the heals will just keep going. Select another skill to stop the combo. If you do not want to do anything, click on a passive skill like Assist Attack to stop it.

Good Luck!
    Dante: "Cute is a relative term."
  • _Zaku_ - Heavens Tear
    _Zaku_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    thanks for posting this, combos' are a lot easier to use than hitting the attack buttons in a random order to see which one will go the fastest...
    -=Noble Leader=-