Wizards in Rebirth Gamma

Options
LuckyCherry - Dreamweaver
LuckyCherry - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Wizard
I've read extensively on Rebirth Gamma and the common consensus is that archers are preferred over wizards as DD due to the low amount of HP they have, particularly the pure mage build.

I know it's possible for wizards to do Rebirth Gamma runs and I would like advice from anyone with experience, what does a pure mage wizard need in order to do so effectively?

I appreciate any advice and if this has been asked before I apologize and would love a link to said thread :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

**** defense, max the attack auras! The mobs won't have time to wonder where your arrows are coming from if they're dead ;)
Post edited by LuckyCherry - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    u need 3k+hp, 3.4 recommended(unbuffed) and a minimum of 4k pdef, 5k recommended(buffed). And DB at a decent lvl.
    Pop some dmg absorb potions at wood and fire wave, be sure u have some 4000hp/30 sec restore and ToP on your genie. With all these u should be ready to go.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Calurinos - Sanctuary
    Calurinos - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    The Genie skill "Blood Clot" helps a lot, and at level 10 it gives 10 seconds of bleed immunity. Use this when you've gotten agro from a wave, and they start to stack bleed on you, Blood clot saves lives <3

Tree of Protection (Genie) and Elixirs (Insta-heal pink pots) are irreplaceable for when your HP charm is recovering.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    u need 3k+hp, 3.4 recommended(unbuffed) and a minimum of 4k pdef, 5k recommended(buffed). And DB at a decent lvl.
    Pop some dmg absorb potions at wood and fire wave, be sure u have some 4000hp/30 sec restore and ToP on your genie. With all these u should be ready to go.

i need to work on my HP then O.o
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Phsyco - Lost City
    Phsyco - Lost City Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    depending on the squad though u can go in even with 2.5k hp but it is harder and u will need event hp pots + charm + tree of protection + reg pots + anything else that rec hp
  • Lady_Selan - Sanctuary
    Lady_Selan - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    What exactly is the reward for RB gamma? I never completed any RB but I like to try someday.
  • Seemen - Lost City
    Seemen - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    From what I've been told, rewards are somewhere in the vicinity of ~1.5mil xp, ~500k coin, g8 shards, and pages of Fate.

Since I've never completed GV, I can't guarantee this ir right.
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    The reward is around...1mil+ exp for gamma, Immaculate shards drop from the reward 'mob' occassionally, Tome fragments and 500k+ coin(also drops).

I'm currently LA, 3.2k hp unbuffed with around 4k Defence. The Barb and BM are basically who you rely on, it's their job to keep you alive. At stage 4+ you will encounter pain in the **** mega debuffs. The kind that reduce 5k MDef to 30 MDef, I counter this using my barriers(all maxed) and genie buffs(the elemental immunity ones). The pages of Fate are only available in Delta.

You will want to run Gamma's, the exp makes leveling laughable. Use either LA(Sharded with hp and refined a bit) or Arcane(Heavy Vit statting/High quality gear). You seriously get invites all the time, the only problem is barb shortage.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Keita - Heavens Tear
    Keita - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    The pages of Fate are only available in Delta.

Only pages that I've seen drop in delta are Old Book Pages. But I finally got a whole set of 20 today and ended up getting sage fire mastery.
  • Hate - Lost City
    Hate - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Sage fire mastery, nice.
    I'm hoping for water mastery or sandstorm when I can finally gather 20.
  • LuckyCherry - Dreamweaver
    LuckyCherry - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Currently the wizard in question has under 2k HP b:chuckle

What can be done to rectify this in regards to sharding/restating? And if restat is required, how will this effect his capabilities as a DD?

Thanks for all the responses, you guys are great!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

**** defense, max the attack auras! The mobs won't have time to wonder where your arrows are coming from if they're dead ;)
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    @Pages thingy, I don't know specifics of them yet guess I confused em.

LA allows for higher hp through the ability to fully shard for it. Some +1/2 refines on the gear may be needed to boost it a bit as well. There's not that many physical mobs in the later waves(there are alot of debuffer magic mobs), but the ones that appear do hit hard. The final boss Element Lord has a physical aoe capable of hitting higher than 2.5k on robes(Even with Def. Aura 5).

As a DD there is a reduction in damage but won't really matter since 90% of mobs in rebirth are skull-marked so you hit PvP-esque damage. Bosses go down fairly easily, by the time they become 'hard' your attack will be hugely boosted by aura's.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.