cash flow for venos

Options
TooHotforBob - Lost City
TooHotforBob - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Venomancer
So far at lvl 17 i only have around 100k

How do venos make their cash besides solo tt/fb runs?

In other words.. anything I can do at my lvl besides grinding? Idk what lvl you can start catching rare pets to sell. or all class pets, if there is any at my level.

Edit: my forum cherry has been popped with this post :3
Post edited by TooHotforBob - Lost City on

Comments

• Zetarana - Heavens Tear
    Zetarana - Heavens Tear Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    The best advice I can give you is to read the stickys and forum posts as this topic has been covered 6 ways from Sunday, repeatedly.

So, if you want to get the most out of PW, begin there, then Search the forum, after that then posit a question.

Trust me, you'll be happier with the resulting responses...
    Zetarana - Arcane Veno
    Nephandus - Arcane Wizard
    Faction: Nocturne
  • TooHotforBob - Lost City
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Id rather get a quick responce on a direct topic rather than wasting time searching for general info. All ive seen is hh soloing with herc and rare pets.

But seeing how you didnt provide a link or a helpful answer to the question I'll keep this thread alive with this post

:)
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Search function is your friend.. and so is the Begginers Guide board.....

Check the sticky about Money Making.

and to the OP.

You are too lazy to look and complain when someone tells you where to find because they did not give you a link????

I am not giving you a link either.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
    edited July 2009
    Options
    dang people are cranky on forums today, i ask a simple question and i get all this nonsense. W/e

I typed in money and veno and didnt see anythign be4 posting this. It takes this computer forever to load a page. So i was hoping to find some quick answers
    edited July 2009
    Options
    dang people are cranky on forums today, i ask a simple question and i get all this nonsense. W/e

I typed in money and veno and didnt see anythign be4 posting this. It takes this computer forever to load a page. So i was hoping to find some quick answers

Go to the Beginners Guide. Open thread named "Money Making".
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Go to the Beginners Guide. Open thread named "Money Making".

ill do that in a sec. But fyi idk if my search is messed up or what.. but usually if a thread has a simple title like "money making" it would pop up if you typed it in the search bar. I typed in money making just now and didnt get 1 useful thread.
    edited July 2009
    Options
    ill do that in a sec. But fyi idk if my search is messed up or what.. but usually if a thread has a simple title like "money making" it would pop up if you typed it in the search bar. I typed in money making just now and didnt get 1 useful thread.

No clue why, it is the very first sticky on that forum and the name is very obvious.

Money Making - How to do it....
    edited July 2009
    Options
    K i went to that thread and it doesnt mention how venos make cash. Ive read that venos are excelent cash producers and the main question I wanted to know is why/ and what lvl do venos skills kick in.

*also that is for beginners, if you havent noticed i have a 6x cleric >.>* I just started this veno and am trying to figure out what makes them so special that they can produce so much money.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I use google search instead of the forum search. Just insert "perfect world money making guide". It leads you directly back to the topic in the official pwi forums. Also, you could try using the advance search function. The current quick search leads you to the newest topic with the quoted words inside. Im pretty sure using the search function would be a lot faster than making a new topic.

Also, you dont have to search, just go to the beginner section..

Edit: venos make money like all other classes do, until they hit TT solo, like you mentioned...So, basically you answered your own question in the OP.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I use google search instead of the forum search. Just insert "perfect world money making guide". It leads you directly back to the topic in the official pwi forums. Also, you could try using the advance search function. The current quick search leads you to the newest topic with the quoted words inside. Im pretty sure using the search function would be a lot faster than making a new topic.

Also, you dont have to search, just go to the beginner section..

Edit: venos make money like all other classes do, until they hit TT solo, like you mentioned...So, basically you answered your own question in the OP.

okies thx no rare pets before level 60 either?
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    The forum search sucks. Go to Google and type:

site:pwi-forum.perfectworld.com making money

It should give much better results for forum topics. Only problem is Google sometimes takes a few days or weeks to re-index the new forum posts.
  • Zetarana - Heavens Tear
    Zetarana - Heavens Tear Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    What I've noticed about the forum search is it takes each word separately and produces results, not always good.
    And you can't quote your search to find anything.

I also use Google, just put Perfect World before whatever you are looking for and there you go...
    Zetarana - Arcane Veno
    Nephandus - Arcane Wizard
    Faction: Nocturne
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Sure you can rare pets if you know the time of spawns and know how to catch one. Not just QQ when a higher level gets it and rant on the forums afterwards.
    edited July 2009
    Options
    alright thanks guys, this is the first game site ive visited that doesnt really.. search what your looking for. Ill use google
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Sure you can rare pets if you know the time of spawns and know how to catch one. Not just QQ when a higher level gets it and rant on the forums afterwards.

Yea i dont know anythign about them except that they are worth a lot. I dont know what level they are either. Same thing for all class pets, idk what lvl id need to be to catch em
    edited July 2009
    Options
    K i went to that thread and it doesnt mention how venos make cash. Ive read that venos are excelent cash producers and the main question I wanted to know is why/ and what lvl do venos skills kick in.

*also that is for beginners, if you havent noticed i have a 6x cleric >.>* I just started this veno and am trying to figure out what makes them so special that they can produce so much money.

Since your veno is a beginner, that guide makes more sense than us telling to go do TT runs with a Herc....

If you plan on making money prior to reaching level 60, than read the guide. It is helpful and very clear. And with a veno, at low level, you have virtualy no expenses, that is how you make good money. You can just wear quest gear and stuff you find from drops and get by, you do not need to buy pots, etc. No expenses = more money.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Play the Game

-It's really that simple. Most people that don't have coin aren't playing. They log on, do CS,WQ, and any other empty XP generating lazy thing they can find to do. They sit around for long times before events, never merchant, etc.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
    edited July 2009
    Options
    mmk people thanks, unno if i worded it wierdly, but the main reason i posted this thread was to try to figure what makes venos special cash wise besides soloing tt's, after this thread ive learned that there isnt anything special that venos do before lvl 60 i guess. Besides soloing fbs i guess..

I already know how to merch tweakz, thx tho
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Lol, its not like if you make a veno you automatically start off with 40m for a herc and a nix. Sure, it may be easier to become rich, but its not effortless.
  • Feruta - Heavens Tear
    Feruta - Heavens Tear Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Venos ARE most definately able to make more money prior to 60 than any other class. Venos have the ability to easily earn massive quantities of coin because they have absolutely no expenses.

The skills natures grace - soul transfusion - metabolic boost, used in that order will completely refill your MP, making pots and charms absolutely unnecessary for normal grinding. That in and of itself is something no other class can do. Venos also have very little repair costs, because if you are playing the class correctly, your pet should be taking all of the damage, meaning the only thing you have to repair is your weapon, for which the cost is negligible making it very very easy to earn and save coin.

Aside from that, just don't spend your money on anything. Use quest/drop gear, and don't shard it, or if you do use common shards as they are 1/4 of the price of average shards for about 4/5 of the benefit, making them very cost efficient. Don't buy fashion. Don't teleport anywhere ever. Don't buy a new mount. Also as tweakz has said and anyone with large stacks of coin knows, the best way to make massive quantities of coin is merchanting, not soloing TT's and/or FB's.

Does that answer your question OP?
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Also as tweakz has said and anyone with large stacks of coin knows, the best way to make massive quantities of coin is merchanting, not soloing TT's and/or FB's.
    Just to whet your appetite, a month ago I accidentally dropped 1 million coin on the ground and couldn't pick it up because of lag. Someone else ran by and picked it up. While I kicked myself for my stupidity, it was really no big deal. The money was only about 15 hours of revenue from my cat shop on a Saturday. I also made just shy of 17 million in 6 days with a cat shop when genies first came out, just because I was curious how much I could make if I really tried.

If you want to make money, learn to use a cat shop.

I also disagree with not teleporting but I'm not going to argue it again.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I don't have cash problems I just have slow time of making it or getting over what I have.This is on my Veno as I don't seem to be getting any richer or poorer.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Plicid - Heavens Tear
    Plicid - Heavens Tear Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Grind, grind, grind, grind, grind...It is booring, but it works. We have lowest Repair costs/charm Usage/Pot usage. We kill fast, and efficently. Get a voice chat program or a good playlist and grind. That is how you level quickly, and how you make coin. Once you get $$ for Herc you can farm TT, but Im not even sure that is worth doing on a west coast server since TT mats are so cheap now.
  • tweakz
    edited July 2009
    Options
    We do not have the least expenses in the game. Do Wizards pay for pet skills, pet cages, pet food, legendary pets, or dex / acc items?

We learn how to make coin by leveling our pets. No other class has the same incentive to grind as we do. -That's why we tend to be better off.
  • CRYSTY_III - Sanctuary
    CRYSTY_III - Sanctuary Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    no need to waste time and wait to tame a..snow hare.. rare pet,and wait again to sell it...time is money...maybe this will help u ..http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=3312451#post3312451 b:victory Good luck b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] srry about my english, im sure you'll get the point what im trying to say b:chuckleb:bye
    Happy Holidays ! b:victory
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Grind and do quests. When I was in my 20s I was already able to buy 2-3 gold per day with ease.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • tweakz
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Lol, the one thing all these tips have in common:

Play the Game!