multiple elementclients eating cpu usage

celise
celise Posts: 2 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Support Desk
I have only started playing this game for a few weeks now, but i notice my pc has been getting slower and slower, even when out of game since playing. So i decided to check my windows task manager and find not 1 but 4 elementlclients running even tho i'm not logged into game. Each client was eating up 25% of my cpu usage. I have dcd'd a few times in game and recieved an error report, which is no big deal. But everytime I dcd, elementclient wud not shut down. I dont know if anyone else has posted this shud be looked into. For those noticing their pc's getting slow, I would suggest u check ur task manager and shut down all elementclients you see when not in game. Hope this helps someone, already one of my friend's has had the same problem. I hope this issue will be looked into and fixed soon.
Post edited by celise on

Comments

• Caledfwlch - Harshlands
    Caledfwlch - Harshlands Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I think this one deserves a ticket:

http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I think this one deserves a ticket:

http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing

Ditto!

I have never heard of being able to play the game while another client is open unless a multi-client is being used (which on the same comp = not allowed).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • MyNameIsPooh - Harshlands
    MyNameIsPooh - Harshlands Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Ditto!

I have never heard of being able to play the game while another client is open unless a multi-client is being used (which on the same comp = not allowed).

it sounds almost like an unresponsive program that will not shut down, and the OP re-opened PW 3 more times after it dcing 3 other times. o.o idk

I only log on and off once a day. (no life ftw)
    I R NO ALT >:O
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Shut down your PC, wait a few minutes, turn it back on.

Try to log in again.

If all else fails,

You can send us a ticket to Tech Support here: http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing

after reading this: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=2005612&postcount=33

We'll take a look at your system and see what is going on hopefully, ok? b:pleased

Oh, and don't run multiple clients on the same physical PC, it can result in temp or perma bans.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • celise
    celise Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Thank you everyone for replying i have submitted a ticket. The multiple clients were running when I wasnt even logged on i only could see them in task manager. I'll take an ss next time of taskmanager for you guys if it happens again and post it.
  • Mirabeth - Sanctuary
    Mirabeth - Sanctuary Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I have this issue every time the game crashes and the submit error report ticket pops up. The elementclient.exe will continue running in the background if I don't manually close it through task manager (and it's usually using about 1.2GB of RAM - thank you unresolved memory leak). Then I open up Perfect World after the crash, forgetting the "other" elementclient is open (which isn't actually another client window, it's just like a phantom program using up memory and CPU) and end up lagging to high hell until I realize what's going on and close it through task manager, usually ending up closing the wrong one and ending up closing the actual game and having to restart the whole program altogether.

Also, just to clarify, this isn't running multiple clients, since the client isn't actually "running". It's a crashed version of the client that isn't noticed until you realize your system is bogging down.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you Skybelle for the wonderful sig

Where did you go, where did you go? How did you know to get out of a world gone mad? Help me let go of the chaos around me, the devil that hounds me. I need you to tell me "Child be still". If the darkest hour comes before the light, where is the light?
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    @Mirabeth

Thank you for telling us about that!

Duly noted and will pass along!

b:victory
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • mythago
    mythago Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    your kidding me surely, this bug has been in game since genies released multiple threads were given at the time. but quite frankly we've given up on it ever being fixed. just right click the process in task manager and cancel it always happens in west arch memory leak/cpu chew bug known since genies, devs too busy releasing pretty mounts and fashion imo
This discussion has been closed.