Solo Cleric Guide

2»

Comments

• Anfallas - Harshlands
    Anfallas - Harshlands Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Let's not argue in this guide, if you want to argue, do so by pming or posting a page somewhere where it isn't going to affect this guide. I'm going to go back through and delete my posts because they aren't helping new players. In fact they probably won't want to play at all after reading this thread at all. If I don't hear from you, have fun in-game.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    TBH, I didnt read much of the walls of text before posting this, but oh well. I remember someone saying that only a moron or idiot would waste experience points by spending them on their genie. Well, I know tons of people that feed their genies at lvl 85 to stay in the rebirth gamma level range. Makes (or used to make) tons of money for SOME people.

To be on topic, this guide is not very helpful. It is a good attempt to be helpful, but it fails in a few categories. Firstly, it is biased to LA. It mentions bows for archers, and arrow costs? what does that have to do with clerics? More experience playing the class would definitely help this guide.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • ButtHurt - Lost City
    ButtHurt - Lost City Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    LOL @ EVASION EP b:laughb:laughb:laugh
  • GodlyHealz - Dreamweaver
    GodlyHealz - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    TBH, I didnt read much of the walls of text before posting this, but oh well. I remember someone saying that only a moron or idiot would waste experience points by spending them on their genie. Well, I know tons of people that feed their genies at lvl 85 to stay in the rebirth gamma level range. Makes (or used to make) tons of money for SOME people.

To be on topic, this guide is not very helpful. It is a good attempt to be helpful, but it fails in a few categories. Firstly, it is biased to LA. It mentions bows for archers, and arrow costs? what does that have to do with clerics? More experience playing the class would definitely help this guide.

I would totally agree with you if she actually meant using it for Rebirth. But she was completely clueless on it and just simply said "Use xp to level Genies"

If she added to stay in rebirth level range or anything that actually made sense i would have given her a high five.
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I would totally agree with you if she actually meant using it for Rebirth. But she was completely clueless on it and just simply said "Use xp to level Genies"

Well, she's not absolutely clueless. As fas as my experience tells me, on early levels your Spirit income is quite low compared to exp that sometimes you can't buy all the skills you want every time you level up. This situation is reversed when you reach level 30 and you can start doing the Crazy Stone quest that gives a lot more Spirit than you need for your skills.

So, you can say up to level 30 you could use EXP to level up your genie and save the spirit for lvl up critical skills, and after level 30 you better use Spirit since you'll have plenty of it (thanks to the CS quest) and later on the game you won't need it and where Exp saving becomes critical if you wanna lvl up fast.

However. I wouldn't recomend to level up your genie until you become 20+ (quest aren't that hard to desperately need a beefed up genie, and better use the exp to lvl up) o even till you get lvl 30 so you can start using the Crazy Stone spirits to do it.
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • yasii
    yasii Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    lol i actually agree that in some circumstances it might be better to feed exp to genies instead of spirit- for example at low levels.

What i dont understand is why people even need genies at all at lower levels. Dont bother wasting either spirit OR experience! b:beatup
  • Elendil - Sanctuary
    Elendil - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I rarely use my Genie, just for when I'm in a pinch, or to debuff a boss...

And lol at the one who said "Noob" come from "Nubian", it comes from "Newbie" which means new comer, lol
  • Anfallas - Harshlands
    Anfallas - Harshlands Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I'm so sorry for being a royal pain!

Also.
    Yup, I do actually know what it's from, but it sounds like you're calling people goats. Which smell bad and bite, and I don't like them much at all. :(
    Try calling them something different, like Chickens! Oooh, except they peck....
    Also, sorry everyone for sounding like such a royal b*itchy person, I was pissed about something entirely un-perfect world related.
    White flag?b:surrender
  • demonswings
    demonswings Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Lmao!

Dudes just leting u know, Annies a total spaz n kninda bipolar. Just ignor her when she says dumb sh**

b:laugh
  • Vando - Harshlands
    Vando - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Simply because you can apply the builds, advice for armour/gears, skills to basically any magic user class.

And honestly, I've never had trouble beating monsters 1-2 levels higher than me, saved for bosses, even starting out as a noob cleric on a pure mag build. I think if you're having trouble, something is possibly wrong with your strategy and you may need to rethink it.

Edit: I know you've mentioned this already, but you're very likely to find rude people everywhere on the internet. Chill =p

i am a noob still how can i decide which strat works best when you guys are fussing about it all i say chill and be happy:)
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    i am a noob still how can i decide which strat works best when you guys are fussing about it all i say chill and be happy:)

Read the stickie on top it will tell you everything.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • GodlyTank - Dreamweaver
    GodlyTank - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Read the stickie on top it will tell you everything.

WHY are you bringing this 4 week old FLAME Thread back?

This tread needs to be closed, its not helpful and the guide tells Incorrect information and hasnt been changed.
    b:sweat
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    It is not fail to level a Genie with Exp.

I have done so for a few reasons. I didn't want to level. I liked the mobs I was fighting. The drops were great. I have a level 80 genie 61/80 lucky points and it has been infused with both EXP and SP. There is a place and time to use either EXP or SP IMO.

On my Cleric I have used only EXP to level my genie. I keep it at my level. This helps me play with my slower leveling friend. It grants me more spirit for skills at this level. And since CS is so cheap (Currently level 39) why not spend that EXP on my Genie...heck if I get a bad genie I can restart now. With nothing really lost at all. I can grind back the EXP i use very easily. Just pop a scroll and go to work. And besides keeping my Genie my level allows for a good EXP infusion rate of 97% - 100%. And I have good amount of spells maxed for my level. I like it. I am stronger for it.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited August 2009

This tread needs to be closed, its not helpful and the guide tells Incorrect information and hasnt been changed.

I never did it read the above poster and learn how gaming forums work!.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • xxxdsmer
    xxxdsmer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009

2. Highly offensive build. +9 MAG, +1 VIT

Pros Extremly High Atack Power.

Cons No points for STR, Vit and Dex. Thus your character is always as weak, frail and clumsy as the day you made it.

this (i think) would be what is commonly known as FAC, except one thing (maybe more).

try building ANY character with 9mag 1vit per two levels and you'll never wear a scrap of armor over what the lv2 quest gives you.

and sure, FAC build may not be as survivable in crazy boss's aoe's and such, but even at lv47 my cleric is certainly NOT as "weak, frail and clumsy" as the day i started it. just ask the barb that thought he was all that that died by my hand lmao.

what people fail to realize is its not only the build of the character that matters, its the mindset and capability of the player as well.

i'd about guarantee there's ppl in this game that can take down ppl with better gear then they have, and thats because of skill. this game may seem heavily gear based, and to an extent it is. but there is still a mindset and ability aspect of it too. some clerics i know would have said "oh chit that barb's attackin me.. plumeshell.. run.. run..". me, i stood and fought, and won.

but ya, as i'm sure was said MANY times prior to my post here... dont make a guide if u dont know what you're talking about and are not willing to post correct information.

let's all do this thread a favor and have some silence so it can filter to the bottom of the pile where it belongs.
    i'm pro all classes, and against none in particular..
    but the age old QQ about venos is just that. OLD.
    QQ'd about a nix lately? check out this thread n tell me who's "OP" lol..
    (copy and paste this to address bar):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=102172
  • xxxdsmer
    xxxdsmer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2009

closed fail threads FTW b:pleased
    i'm pro all classes, and against none in particular..
    but the age old QQ about venos is just that. OLD.
    QQ'd about a nix lately? check out this thread n tell me who's "OP" lol..
    (copy and paste this to address bar):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=102172
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    i lold while reading this thread

this xD

this stupid guide is a fail
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]