WTH is wrong with the server?!

Kardis - Heavens Tear
Kardis - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Chronicles
Tuesday 11/16 11:30am CST

I don't know what PWI has done to the server but it is royally screwed...I can't log in and when I do, it says there is already someone logged into the account. Same thing happened to my mother.
I left Warcraft because of **** like this happening on a regular basis...Can we have an MMORPG withOUT constant technical drama? NOT cool...very very NOT COOL at all....

*11:50 still cannot log in...
Post edited by Kardis - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• ardethsweet
    ardethsweet Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Got the somewhat same problem, even when using Safe Log (does that feature even work?).

I got disconnected randomly, tried to reconnect but it said I was still logged on, waited 10 min and was able to log on, when I selected my character and clicked Start nothing happend and after some time I would get disconnected.

I didn't update or install anything new on my computer nor is it my firewall so it's not on my side.
    Begotten.png
  • Kardis - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2008
    Same here...it' s now 12noon and I STILL cannot log in. This sort of bs is what makes games slip into virtual oblivion and be played by none. Sad...because this was a really good one. But if you are going to call your game "Perfect World", it should at least work properly for god's sake.

Should have known this one was too good to be true. How very disappointing, server is totally dead and can't log in at all....still....
  • prizz
    prizz Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    awe i was out killing Werewolf Archers and everyone just stopped moving!
    and now i cant log in.. chat was still working though??

hopefully this is resolved soon... oh and.. Squad functions need fixing while were on the topic of things in the game not working...
    this random loot share sucks... why cant we set it to free?
  • Kardis - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2008
    Yeah...this is total BS. Almost an hour now and the server is still dead. If this game is ever going to survive in the West, they better do something about this sort of **** now. Otherwise, PW will will be sent packing with all the rest of the nameless "Could have been great" RPG's.
  • prizz
    prizz Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    its all to true though, games dont survive long here if they arnt good.. i loved this one form the start but then all the ... functions that dont work.. i mean ALL squad functions should work by now.. that should be resolved in closed Beta... thats one of the bigest things in MMORPGS....

they missed out on the most basic details that we all love and want for all this fancy stuff that most of us cant afford.. or care about!! give us solid gameplay!! not a 35 freaking dollar mount to ride around on jesus
  • Jezzabee - Heavens Tear
    Jezzabee - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    This is an OPEN BETA!

Stop complaining. So far all I've seen is GREAT work by those behind PWI, and nothing else. We aren't talking about something so simple... you have to remember that. We're talking client AND server side programming/maintenance/etc. There's no magic wand that you can wave to 'fix' any errors in lines upon lines of code. If there was, I know a ton of IT guys who would be out of a job. There would be nerd riots around the globe!

If you can't handle a MINIMUM AMOUNT of downtime and bugs, then... please, LEAVE AND NEVER COME BACK!

I for one would like to enjoy my time in PWI without the unnecessary whining of ungrateful players. Go play WoW or something. Or, better yet, teach yourself a bit of programming. Pick anything. Learn visual basic for all I care! At least then you'd have a bit of appreciation for the tedious work that the PWI team has to go through to bring you a GREAT GAME FREE OF CHARGE.

/thread
  • Zehethos - Heavens Tear
    Zehethos - Heavens Tear Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    This is an OPEN BETA!

Stop complaining. So far all I've seen is GREAT work by those behind PWI, and nothing else. We aren't talking about something so simple... you have to remember that. We're talking client AND server side programming/maintenance/etc. There's no magic wand that you can wave to 'fix' any errors in lines upon lines of code. If there was, I know a ton of IT guys who would be out of a job. There would be nerd riots around the globe!

If you can't handle a MINIMUM AMOUNT of downtime and bugs, then... please, LEAVE AND NEVER COME BACK!

I for one would like to enjoy my time in PWI without the unnecessary whining of ungrateful players. Go play WoW or something. Or, better yet, teach yourself a bit of programming. Pick anything. Learn visual basic for all I care! At least then you'd have a bit of appreciation for the tedious work that the PWI team has to go through to bring you a GREAT GAME FREE OF CHARGE.

/thread

Sheesh, don't be so mean like that. It might be only to her that she might be experincing technical difficulty. But sheesh, don'tbe such a female dog like that.
    I am a wraith army commander. I command the Wraiths. I order them to kill. I order them to attack. I order them to tell them to shut up. I order them to do anything I tell them to do. I killed many people. You might be next.
  • Raeli - Heavens Tear
    Raeli - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    This is an OPEN BETA!

MMOs cease to be alphas/betas the moment they start receiving money from players. Since the cash shop has been open since the launch of open beta, is actually a pre-release, regardless of what they try to call it.
  • sikozu
    sikozu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Got the somewhat same problem, even when using Safe Log (does that feature even work?).

I got disconnected randomly, tried to reconnect but it said I was still logged on, waited 10 min and was able to log on, when I selected my character and clicked Start nothing happend and after some time I would get disconnected.

I didn't update or install anything new on my computer nor is it my firewall so it's not on my side.

Yes safe login works, its designed to prevent keyloggers from getting your login password. Instead of actually typing it in, you click on the letters individually via the mouse.

Your account could have been stolen I hope you didnt fall for something like this
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ :Sikozu :: Venomancer: ★ :Nebira :: Cleric: ★
  • kine
    kine Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    prizz wrote: »
    awe i was out killing Werewolf Archers and everyone just stopped moving!
    and now i cant log in.. chat was still working though??

hopefully this is resolved soon... oh and.. Squad functions need fixing while were on the topic of things in the game not working...
    this random loot share sucks... why cant we set it to free?

You have to set it to Free Distribution BEFORE creating the party, else you cannot change it afterwards.
  • hawkwind
    hawkwind Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Same here. I haven't been able to log on for the past 2 days.
  • Clinis - Heavens Tear
    Clinis - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Well I hope its starts running soon, I was really getting into the game. Maybe I should buy some Zen so the game managers have more money. I think they're doing a pretty good job for us all. I use to play FFOnline and this game is more fun and much cheaper.
  • Yunahh - Heavens Tear
    Yunahh - Heavens Tear Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    This is an OPEN BETA!

/thread

Mhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm. [:
    You tell er girlfriend. :Db:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I be on my Seeker now.
    ign; Amairah
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Yunahh please stop necro'ing threads like these, it can cause unnecessary confusion and false alarms for those who don't check the dates, as well as outdated topics like this are now irrelevant. b:sweat
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • Krasava - Heavens Tear
    Krasava - Heavens Tear Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Yunahh please stop necro'ing threads like these, it can cause unnecessary confusion and false alarms for those who don't check the dates, as well as outdated topics like this are now irrelevant.

I gots to admit i'm one of those folks that don't check the dates b:chuckle
    And this here thread did confuse meh.

When i read PWI is "open Beta", i was like, WHAT!!! b:shocked
    Watcha talkin about, foolz! O_o

Then Drazo's gentle reproach of Yunahh had revealed the mischief!

Yunahh, here's another not-so-gentle reproach ---> b:beatenup

b:chuckle
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I left Warcraft because of **** like this happening on a regular basis...Can we have an MMORPG withOUT constant technical drama?

Leaving a pay to play mmo and going to a free to play in the hope of having less technical problems was probably not a wise move.
  • Neomccoy - Heavens Tear
    Neomccoy - Heavens Tear Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    i dont have any problems at all recently. oh wait i dont play anymore b:laugh
    -retired-b:bye
    9x WB, Tao

Jermaine 83 Sin - retired...
  • Illumminatti - Heavens Tear
    Illumminatti - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2009

Ooops, got something brown on the end of your nose. Ya know what, with all the money I spend on this game, there are alot of "bugs" in this game that should not be. And as to your "Free" comment, this game is by far free. Sure, if you want to hit lv80 in 3 years, don't spend any money. This game is free to log into but beyond that, it will cost you and cost you dearly it will. I'd love to see your char sometime.
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited July 2009

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Notgood - Heavens Tear
    Notgood - Heavens Tear Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    .....Your talking to no one b:chuckle
    Why am i like this cause you made me like this...
    I guess you really didn't know...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Krasava - Heavens Tear
    Krasava - Heavens Tear Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    ...Sure, if you want to hit lv80 in 3 years, don't spend any money. This game is free to log into but beyond that, it will cost you and cost you dearly it will. I'd love to see your char sometime.

So true, so true!! b:cry

The $$$ i sank in PWI in a matter of months would have lasted me many years (quite literally) in a subscription based game.. b:surrender

Oh, the foolish things we do sometimes..
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    i haven't spent a dime b:surrender

I love the fact that I can still acquire everything in the item mall without paying to play... plus, being the cheap **** that I am, if I'm paying for a subscription I'd feel like I was losing money every second I wasn't there playing; which would drive me crazy, broke, and back to my mother's basement (although I hear a few people already have been there and done that in this game so lol).

yay! done with wq (will be 71 in a few minutes b:victory)

p.s. I did get d/ced on my way to misfortune a few minutes ago... but that's the first time today & i logged back in and everything has been fine o_o
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2009
This discussion has been closed.