EVENT: Fashion Contest Poll [female]

Options

Comments

• Lady_Selan - Sanctuary
    Lady_Selan - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Bikini is so overrated just cause it shows more skin but it's perfect for the summer time. Number 6 has caught my eye and looks really attractive on a girl so my vote goes there.
  • Keliahar - Sanctuary
    Keliahar - Sanctuary Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    i think soo...too

its even in the same area o.o although that doesnt matter much

It is.

That's my director! b:dirty

-feels like a proud parent though she had nothing to do with any of it-
  • namelesshob0
    namelesshob0 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    img 10 ftw b:dirty
  • FoxyFelicia - Heavens Tear
    FoxyFelicia - Heavens Tear Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I like it! Much better than any1 in the polls.
    However it'd be better to tone down either of the bikini or skirt to lighter shade of pink. It'll be pleasing to our eyes and won't cause glariness.

Umm... The color to that whole fashion set was fushcia, a semi-dark color of pink... What color would YOU prefer though?
    [My personal quote]

"Sometimes you just wanna break away from it all but can't... so what do you do?"
    [An accident]

Aside from the sig I'll be using once it's done being colored (thanks for making it, Flauschkatze), I refuse to post any more pics on these forums. I've learned my lesson, and I don't wanna risk getting in trouble again by accident.
    [Special thanks]

=ಥ.ಥ= <-- Thank you, Konariraiden, for making this kitty sauce face for me, nya~ =^.^=
    edited July 2009
    Options
    vote Image 4

So We Can Get Our Gawdamn Duke Rose Back >.<
    How sad -_- You're supposed to vote for your favorite set, not just to bring a fashion that was removed back.
    [My personal quote]

"Sometimes you just wanna break away from it all but can't... so what do you do?"
    [An accident]

Aside from the sig I'll be using once it's done being colored (thanks for making it, Flauschkatze), I refuse to post any more pics on these forums. I've learned my lesson, and I don't wanna risk getting in trouble again by accident.
    [Special thanks]

=ಥ.ಥ= <-- Thank you, Konariraiden, for making this kitty sauce face for me, nya~ =^.^=
    edited July 2009
    Options
    hawk wrote: »
    I chose #6, breaking the tie between #6 and #4 by one vote b:cool

Lol, kinda an odd thing to say when the poll's still going on, dontcha think? b:chuckle

NUMBER 6 BETTER WIN! b:infuriated
    [My personal quote]

[An accident]

[Special thanks]

• NaoShimai - Sanctuary
    NaoShimai - Sanctuary Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I really hope people aren't voting just to make removed or particularly expensive fashion pieces more accessible. That defeats the purpose of this contest =\
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Deculture~!^o^
  • haku
    haku Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I really hope people aren't voting just to make removed or particularly expensive fashion pieces more accessible. That defeats the purpose of this contest =\

Just being the Devil's advocate here (I tend to do that a lot :P): What exactly IS the purpose of this contest?

From PWE's point of view, it doesn't make people really really want to spend real money on the game like the ninetails promotions, and it doesn't generate free publicity like the summer blockbuster contest. In short, it doesn't benefit the company a great deal materialistically speaking. So why does the staff of PWE spend so much time and energy hosting this event? It may be that they're just this nice, it may be that they happen to have the ambition to turn PWI into the most well-dressed MMORGP ever, but i think it's most likely that it boosts community morale to hold events like these once in a while. oldest trick in the book to build rapport and communication between authority figures and the people who are under their authority. Plus in this case, it boosts the number of people who visit/use the forums. And if this was PWE's purpose for holding this contest, from their point of view then, would the reason why people vote for a certain fashion even matter?

The contest description, from the way I read it, doesn't specify the criteria on which these fashions ought to be judged. Are we supposed to vote for the one we think is most beautiful? elegant? cute? funny? interesting? unique? well-matched? most creative? most unlikely to work yet somehow works? Or the one we most want to wear on our toons? The fact that the winning outfit will end up in the cash shop definitely emphasized the "most want to wear on our toons" aspect of the judging process. But if you're unhappy that people are choosing "most want to wear on our toons" over the other criteria, would the people who choose another criteria, say..."most elegant", over unique/cute/most want to wear on our toons/etc., be better? Worse? Same?

And where does it say that the purpose of the contest ISN'T to make removed or particularly expensive fashion pieces more accessible? Wouldn't having the fashion you want for less $$ than the current ridiculous asking price be a good thing?
  • NaoShimai - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Well, PWI IS the most well dressed mmorpg, as we can see from the thread of everyone's submissions b:pleased

I was going off of what Foxy said. So if you like a certain expensive removed fashion, then definitely by all means vote for it. But, I interpreted what she said as it shouldn't be voted for just for the sake of having it back. Like, I'd like to see it back too, but I probably wouldn't use it, so I should vote for the one I like, instead of voting for it just to have it back. Does that make sense? Kind of like I like chocolate chip cookies, but i'm in the mood for a peanut butter one right now, but there's a sale for chocolate chip cookies going on. While I'd be happy to have a chocolate chip cookie for less, I want a peanut butter cookie, so I should get what I really want, not just buy the chocolate chip cookie because it's on sale. ( btw, i have this dilemma ALL THE TIME at paradise bakery, but it's freshly baked chocolate chip cookie versus a lemon zester) If that made it more confusing, sorry. Maybe have a cookie and it will clear up~ b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Deculture~!^o^
  • Ainte - Lost City
    Ainte - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    are image 5 and 6 the same person? o.o

Is this even allowed b:puzzled

I like 6 b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MissEbil - Heavens Tear
    MissEbil - Heavens Tear Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Sets 8 and 9 are basically the same thing, hell you could make set 9 from set 8.
    QQ
    Ah well, who would have wanted my set ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proud member of the VenoMafia.

b:flower Read my FanFic! b:flower
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=334222
  • NaoShimai - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Options
    actually, I really like the duke rose boots with the vixen wrap. So, if my toon wasn't so light, I would buy your clothes, definitely! I considered a make over scroll for that combination once. (>_>)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Deculture~!^o^
  • MissEbil - Heavens Tear
    MissEbil - Heavens Tear Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    The one consolation that I have is that I retain my individuality b:laugh
    Ju all cannot has my clothes!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proud member of the VenoMafia.

b:flower Read my FanFic! b:flower
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=334222
  • Icy_chi - Harshlands
    Icy_chi - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    b:chuckle i like number 10 and 6 so purdy b:surrender
  • Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear
    Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear Posts: 998 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Sets 8 and 9 are basically the same thing, hell you could make set 9 from set 8.
    QQ

um yeah >.>
    but look at the votes >.<

and your set is... I WANT IT Oo
    ~~Inactive~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Torhn for coloring!
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    9 all the wayb:dirty
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • marrydid
    marrydid Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    QQ

Miss, I totally love your set! You win :p

I want the duke rose top Q_Q b:surrender
  • Amehlea - Sanctuary
    Amehlea - Sanctuary Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Miss your set is exacly what i was thinking of a the perfect outfit mabey not the duck rose gloves but long gloves 10/10 gratz to bad they didnt let you in the finals :(
  • Amaze - Lost City
    Amaze - Lost City Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    image ten kinda looks like me :D
    oh my god was i that dumb
    seraphium@tumblr
  • Vixe - Heavens Tear
    Vixe - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    are image 5 and 6 the same person? o.o

So if it's the same person and they're shown twice with two pics that got into the polls, does that mean that they get 2 choices of prizes? O.o

Add that if they win too....*envies~*
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Well, PWI IS the most well dressed mmorpg, as we can see from the thread of everyone's submissions b:pleased

I was going off of what Foxy said. So if you like a certain expensive removed fashion, then definitely by all means vote for it. But, I interpreted what she said as it shouldn't be voted for just for the sake of having it back. Like, I'd like to see it back too, but I probably wouldn't use it, so I should vote for the one I like, instead of voting for it just to have it back. Does that make sense? Kind of like I like chocolate chip cookies, but i'm in the mood for a peanut butter one right now, but there's a sale for chocolate chip cookies going on. While I'd be happy to have a chocolate chip cookie for less, I want a peanut butter cookie, so I should get what I really want, not just buy the chocolate chip cookie because it's on sale. ( btw, i have this dilemma ALL THE TIME at paradise bakery, but it's freshly baked chocolate chip cookie versus a lemon zester) If that made it more confusing, sorry. Maybe have a cookie and it will clear up~ b:chuckle

Back again to check the progress of this poll and the posts.

First of all, I wanna say THANK YOU to Nao for saying this. She pretty much explained how I felt about this contest.

Second, I understood everything she said perfectly to a T. b:victory *gives Nao freshly baked cookies of her choosing* b:cute
    [My personal quote]

[An accident]

[Special thanks]

• Mothra - Lost City
    Mothra - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Wow. The only ones I like are all in one post, and I don't know if I can pick between them. 4, 5, and 6 are nice.
  • Okorielko - Sanctuary
    Okorielko - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    QQ

I don't like the Vixen Wrap (not a fan of how it looks on peoples' characters), but I like how you used it with the gloves and the boots, and I LOVE the colors. If you had submitted your outfit and made it to the finals, I would have had a very hard time choosing between your outfit and the one in Image6.

And I agree with NaoShimai and FoxyFelicia (sorry if I spelled your names wrong). When I think of a fashion contest, I think of voting for an outfit because it LOOKS THE BEST. In my opinion, Image4 shouldn't even have made it to the polls, because it just doesn't look good. I think "trashy cowgirl" was used in at least one of the earlier comments. And it's frustrating to me that it's neck and neck with an outfit that looks waaaaaay better, simply because of the Duke Rose Top and people wanting to see it in the cash shop. Ugh! The same goes for Image9, actually. It does look good, but it seems like so many people are voting for it simply for the black bikini top. Does anyone want to fess up to this?

I don't think that it should have been announced that the winner's outfit would be permanently added to the cash shop until AFTER the polls were closed, because then the votes wouldn't be so heavily influenced and the person that actually deserves to win (the person with a true sense of fashion) would!

Of course, this is all an opinion. I know that just because I find something ugly doesn't mean that everyone else will.

One more thing: haku, you have some very good points about the intent of the contest (we really don't know what PWI's ideas were!), but I want to know- What do you think of when you see the words "Fashion Contest"? And don't you think the majority of the people who entered thought the same thing?
  • Okorielko - Sanctuary
    Okorielko - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    By the way:

Did anyone else know that you can click on the numbers in the voting area to see who voted for what? :o
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    By the way:

Did anyone else know that you can click on the numbers in the voting area to see who voted for what? :o

WOOT GMS AND DEVS VOTED o.ob:quietb:faintb:surprised
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Auraelia - Lost City
    Auraelia - Lost City Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Okorielko, what did you submit?

Some of the fashion that made it to the poll might have been just one of many entries that the person submitted and it was picked even though it wasn't what they thought was the best. Maybe the best fashion wasn't original enough to stand out and be chosen.

Regardless, it's frustrating to me to see so many people so hurt over this. I think everyone agrees that almost all the fashion on the poll were poorly chosen, not because the fashion is hideous, but we've all seen other people's really good fashion that a lot of us feel that should have made it. Nothing we can do about it obviously. We can hope that they do another event like this again and do a better job. The same person got two spots on the poll and they chose 10 for each gender instead of 5 like they originally said. This whole thing is kinda messed up.
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I don't like the Vixen Wrap (not a fan of how it looks on peoples' characters), but I like how you used it with the gloves and the boots, and I LOVE the colors. If you had submitted your outfit and made it to the finals, I would have had a very hard time choosing between your outfit and the one in Image6.

And I agree with NaoShimai and FoxyFelicia (sorry if I spelled your names wrong). When I think of a fashion contest, I think of voting for an outfit because it LOOKS THE BEST. In my opinion, Image4 shouldn't even have made it to the polls, because it just doesn't look good. I think "trashy cowgirl" was used in at least one of the earlier comments. And it's frustrating to me that it's neck and neck with an outfit that looks waaaaaay better, simply because of the Duke Rose Top and people wanting to see it in the cash shop. Ugh! The same goes for Image9, actually. It does look good, but it seems like so many people are voting for it simply for the black bikini top. Does anyone want to fess up to this?

I don't think that it should have been announced that the winner's outfit would be permanently added to the cash shop until AFTER the polls were closed, because then the votes wouldn't be so heavily influenced and the person that actually deserves to win (the person with a true sense of fashion) would!

Of course, this is all an opinion. I know that just because I find something ugly doesn't mean that everyone else will.

Yay, another person who agrees XD
    Okorielko, what did you submit?

Some of the fashion that made it to the poll might have been just one of many entries that the person submitted and it was picked even though it wasn't what they thought was the best. Maybe the best fashion wasn't original enough to stand out and be chosen.

Regardless, it's frustrating to me to see so many people so hurt over this. I think everyone agrees that almost all the fashion on the poll were poorly chosen, not because the fashion is hideous, but we've all seen other people's really good fashion that a lot of us feel that should have made it. Nothing we can do about it obviously. We can hope that they do another event like this again and do a better job. The same person got two spots on the poll and they chose 10 for each gender instead of 5 like they originally said. This whole thing is kinda messed up.

Honestly they probably shouldn't have done this poll AT ALL if things were gonna turn out THIS bad.
    [My personal quote]

[An accident]

[Special thanks]

• AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear
    AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    these r cool, but deja vu moment, image 1 looks like my guild director, even has the right hair and demon thing
    Avatars: Name-Class-Lvl-Server-Guild-Activeness

AngelOfLies-Cleric-90 Sage-no guild-Not currently Active
    _CatGirl_-Veno-80-No Guild-Not Currently Acitve
    BlindingEdge-Seeker-6x-No Guild-Main
    DrawtheWaves-Sin-5x-No Guild-Active Alt
  • Auraelia - Lost City
    Auraelia - Lost City Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Yay, another person who agrees XD

Honestly they probably shouldn't have done this poll AT ALL if things were gonna turn out THIS bad.

Well don't you think people would be more upset if they weren't able to get the polls up? They said they got an overwhelming amount of submissions which they obviously didn't expect because they had to push the polls a week. But then again, what do we know. We weren't in their shoes while they were trying to get all these other events going too.
  • AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear
    AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    yes i knew i was right, Gratz Andro on making the finalsb:victory
    Avatars: Name-Class-Lvl-Server-Guild-Activeness

AngelOfLies-Cleric-90 Sage-no guild-Not currently Active
    _CatGirl_-Veno-80-No Guild-Not Currently Acitve
    BlindingEdge-Seeker-6x-No Guild-Main
    DrawtheWaves-Sin-5x-No Guild-Active Alt
This discussion has been closed.