New Hair Style

Llux - Sanctuary
Llux - Sanctuary Posts: 798 Arc User
edited July 2009 in The Fanatics Forum
Due to a rousing disapproval of my poor character Daphe's hair I have created a pole! I am rather indecisive with my options because I do like her current hair but I take critique to heart. (and apparently can't choose the right hair for her anyway XD; )

Hair 1!
2009-07-0821-18-30.jpg

Hair 2!
2009-07-0821-16-56.jpg

Hair 3!
2009-07-0821-14-51.jpg

Hair 4!
2009-07-0821-16-20.jpg
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~My Screenshot Tumblr~
insanitymogit.tumblr.com
Post edited by Llux - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Llux - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    And the original!
    2009-07-0821-19-24.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~My Screenshot Tumblr~
    insanitymogit.tumblr.com
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    With her facial structure, I think the first one looks best.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Daerina - Heavens Tear
    Daerina - Heavens Tear Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    i like #2! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Daerina~Lvl79 Venomancer
    Sunny_Dae~Lvl41 Cleric
    follow me on twitter b:victory twitter.com/Daerina
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    #1 i like. Others make her face stand out and look big
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Varaga - Dreamweaver
    Varaga - Dreamweaver Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I think style 2 looks nicest on her.
  • hawk
    hawk Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    i, too, voted for #2
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I like #2 and #3b:cute
    Quit.
  • Anjil - Heavens Tear
    Anjil - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I vote for 2(4)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    the greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love, and be loved in return
  • Grenadier_LT - Harshlands
    Grenadier_LT - Harshlands Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    answer always is at #6.
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    May wanna put up the "none" optionb:cute
    Quit.
  • Llux - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    answer always is at #6.

b:chuckle Hah good point, at least I've picked #6 in both of the fashion poles I believe.

<XD Well if you have a suggestion you like more I wouldn't mind you posting a picture or something.

Thanks to all who voted so far, going to let it go for a bit longer. :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~My Screenshot Tumblr~
    insanitymogit.tumblr.com
  • Trueazaril - Lost City
    Trueazaril - Lost City Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    2 looks the best in my opinion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Keenan - Dreamweaver
    Keenan - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I like 4 :)
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    To the OP:

I know its nice to ask for peoples advice on certain things in life but when it comes to something like this you really need to choose the style you like. You said in your original posting that you like the way it is now. I suggest that you keep it that way and start here right now the point in your life where you will start to not care what people think about you.

There is nothing wrong with asking how people think about it but if you like something you should never change it to meet others needs.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Llux - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Very true Tatuaje, I hear you. Though since it's just a game I'm willing to change it if people don't like the original. Even if I do myself. But ALSO, if it was my main character Llux I wouldn't change it. That's were I put most of my personal likes in to. (Especially since she's based off a character of mine) Daphe was meant to be more of an experiment, especially with making her green. XD

As for life in general, maybe I care more about critique just cause I'm going to art college soon and I'll need to be open to other opinions to learn. ;] As for what people think about me specifically I only fret about that a little and rarely ever let it affect what I do. Except, as I've said, in good critique.

Now of course out of college and looking for jobs; that's a whole 'nother area of thought. First impressions will suddenly gain a lot more value. XD

Oh and Fireblood, I hope you didn't really mean the bald option. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~My Screenshot Tumblr~
    insanitymogit.tumblr.com
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I like #2, the original looks like she cut her hair in the front with scissors.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • Varaga - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    Very true Tatuaje, I hear you. Though since it's just a game I'm willing to change it if people don't like the original. Even if I do myself. But ALSO, if it was my main character Llux I wouldn't change it. That's were I put most of my personal likes in to. (Especially since she's based off a character of mine) Daphe was meant to be more of an experiment, especially with making her green. XD

As for life in general, maybe I care more about critique just cause I'm going to art college soon and I'll need to be open to other opinions to learn. ;] As for what people think about me specifically I only fret about that a little and rarely ever let it affect what I do. Except, as I've said, in good critique.

Now of course out of college and looking for jobs; that's a whole 'nother area of thought. First impressions will suddenly gain a lot more value. XD

Since you mention that you'll be going to college for art, I wanted to give you a bit of helpful advice. I mean this to be helpful, not rude.

I noticed in your opening post to this thread that you said "you take critiques to heart". And I don't think it's a big deal that you're changing your character based on what people think of her looks (granted, your character is only meant to please you, but that's a different point entirely).

It's true, when someone is paying you to do art, you have to worry about what they like, not what YOU like. But when you said "I take critiques to heart", I worried. In college, don't ever take those critiques to heart. When someone is giving you an honest, constructive critique, they're critiquing your work, not you, and doing it to help you.

I'm just saying this because it's the exact speech my animation teacher gave me the other day - I'm in college for 3D art (modeling, animation, etc.). So I just wanted to pass the advice on to someone else going into college for art.

And good luck in art college, too. :)
  • Llux - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Since you mention that you'll be going to college for art, I wanted to give you a bit of helpful advice. I mean this to be helpful, not rude.

I noticed in your opening post to this thread that you said "you take critiques to heart". And I don't think it's a big deal that you're changing your character based on what people think of her looks (granted, your character is only meant to please you, but that's a different point entirely).

It's true, when someone is paying you to do art, you have to worry about what they like, not what YOU like. But when you said "I take critiques to heart", I worried. In college, don't ever take those critiques to heart. When someone is giving you an honest, constructive critique, they're critiquing your work, not you, and doing it to help you.

I'm just saying this because it's the exact speech my animation teacher gave me the other day - I'm in college for 3D art (modeling, animation, etc.). So I just wanted to pass the advice on to someone else going into college for art.

And good luck in art college, too. :)

*nods* Understood. But wow, well you're telling me the exact opposite all the professors and college students have been telling me to do. And when I say to heart, I mean thoughtful consideration. I don't mean I take it personally as a critique on my personal self but on my work (or character b:chuckle ).
    Also since this is college, I'm not in that job market yet. I'm still learning so critiques are very important, especially with learning so many new things. There will actually be critique sessions for bringing up your work to get it picked apart constructively by the students and the professor.

So I'm not taking critique as a personal insult or anything. If that's what you thought I meant. XD Good luck to you too!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~My Screenshot Tumblr~
    insanitymogit.tumblr.com
  • Llux - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Okay guys I'm gonna leave this up for the weekend then close it (once I figure out if I can do that). I think all who would vote have. Thanks for the input, and some unexpected real life discussions! <XDD b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~My Screenshot Tumblr~
    insanitymogit.tumblr.com
  • Roxmel - Sanctuary
    Roxmel - Sanctuary Posts: 640 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I like Hair#2!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -Roxmel- ;O
  • Ophida - Dreamweaver
    Ophida - Dreamweaver Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I think 2 or 4 look the best ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Varaga - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2009
    *nods* Understood. But wow, well you're telling me the exact opposite all the professors and college students have been telling me to do. And when I say to heart, I mean thoughtful consideration. I don't mean I take it personally as a critique on my personal self but on my work (or character b:chuckle ).
    Also since this is college, I'm not in that job market yet. I'm still learning so critiques are very important, especially with learning so many new things. There will actually be critique sessions for bringing up your work to get it picked apart constructively by the students and the professor.

So I'm not taking critique as a personal insult or anything. If that's what you thought I meant. XD Good luck to you too!

Oh, I see what you mean now by taking critiques to heart. My concept of it may also be different because I'm in a fast-paced two year degree, and for game art/game design, a highly competitive field. So instructors here are always going on about getting critiques, but not taking it personally, learning to grow and learn, etc.

Sorry for misunderstanding you though. I hope I didn't come off like I was giving you a lecture. :o
  • Daerina - Heavens Tear
    Daerina - Heavens Tear Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    about the colour =3 have you considered rainbow? =D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Daerina~Lvl79 Venomancer
    Sunny_Dae~Lvl41 Cleric
    follow me on twitter b:victory twitter.com/Daerina
  • Llux - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Oh, I see what you mean now by taking critiques to heart. My concept of it may also be different because I'm in a fast-paced two year degree, and for game art/game design, a highly competitive field. So instructors here are always going on about getting critiques, but not taking it personally, learning to grow and learn, etc.

Sorry for misunderstanding you though. I hope I didn't come off like I was giving you a lecture. :o

It's okay~ Thanks for worrying I guess! XDD;

about the colour =3 have you considered rainbow? =D

Hah, not really with her skin color. XD I did want the 'green' theme. :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~My Screenshot Tumblr~
    insanitymogit.tumblr.com