PvP vs PvE

ChrisAkaAsia - Heavens Tear
ChrisAkaAsia - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Cleric
So I have a hybrid vit/mag cleric on heavens tear a PvE and I <3 her. She's perfect for what Im doing on that server but I have been thinking of going to a PvP server...

Im completely lost and what kind of build to do for a cleric in a PvP world. Im guessing a vit/mag wouldnt be the strongest type of build for a cleric there but Im not sure!!!

Thanks in advance
Post edited by ChrisAkaAsia - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• GodlyHealz - Dreamweaver
    GodlyHealz - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    So I have a hybrid vit/mag cleric on heavens tear a PvE and I <3 her. She's perfect for what Im doing on that server but I have been thinking of going to a PvP server...

Im completely lost and what kind of build to do for a cleric in a PvP world. Im guessing a vit/mag wouldnt be the strongest type of build for a cleric there but Im not sure!!!

Thanks in advance

Dont re-roll onto a PvP server. You will get discouraged and quit.

You can PK on a PvE server anyways so it doesnt matter. All i want to do is TW and 1v1's, not get "Griefed" while trying to enter SP
  • Hsuzumiya - Sanctuary
    Hsuzumiya - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I'd personally make a Heavy Armour BM or an LA Archer for pvp.

Otherwise, 8magic, 1str, 1vit for Arcane gear.
  • Adannedhel - Sanctuary
    Adannedhel - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited July 2009

Thanks in advance

Im kinda new not really but what is pvp and pve
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

and there was adannedhel whom the elves said could not be slain except by mishap or arrow from afar,and became mighty among men and elves

-Silmarillion
  • Elgardo - Sanctuary
    Elgardo - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Im kinda new not really but what is pvp and pve

pvp = player versus player
    pve= player versus enviorment [aka mobs]
  • Elgardo - Sanctuary
    Elgardo - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    and also my cleric is also some sort of hybrid vit/mag cleric, im ok with it but also kind of regret i started to give him so much vit [well ignoring that, thats just my feeling xD dont get influenced of that, i regrat cus i wanted him to have more mag. aanyway]

personally id go go arcane armour. clerics can be pretty strong, especially against physical damage doing classes [blademaster, barbarian] because they do magic damage.
    of course you could think of a heavy armoured cleric but i wouldnt go for that, it's hard to have one for you need alot of STR.
    rings and belts and such could help with physical resistance. however, plume shot is a physical damage doing attack as i've read [and razor feathers too if not mistaken].

so it's up to you. depends on what skills you have lvled.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I'd personally make a Heavy Armour BM or an LA Archer for pvp.

This is what I would do for pvp server.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Aeneas - Harshlands
    Aeneas - Harshlands Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited July 2009

Thanks in advance

Stick with Vit/Arcane or go LA (if you plan to refine your gear and keep it up to date). Clerics are not mages, even on PvP servers =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]