cleric party buff "Aegis Spirit"

nuclearbomba
nuclearbomba Posts: 1 Arc User
edited February 2010 in General Discussion
Having some issue with Aegis Spirit.
I thought someone will post something abou this. but it could only be me.

I realize when i'm doign party buff's sometimes Aegis Spirit just die off way too early.
I havn't actually time it yet. It just happens when i look up its never there.
When i buff it seperately it somewhat last longer just like the others.

Is it something wrong with sequence party buff?
*(my seq. buffs are Aegis Spirit/ Exalted Renewal/ Greater Protection/ Arcane empowerment.)
If there's cleric that knows a better way to put the sequence of the skill please let me know. : )

I prefer a 1 hr buff that doesn't last like 10 min or so. Thx!
Post edited by nuclearbomba on

Comments

• Inias - Heavens Tear
    Inias - Heavens Tear Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Having some issue with Aegis Spirit.
    I thought someone will post something abou this. but it could only be me.

I realize when i'm doign party buff's sometimes Aegis Spirit just die off way too early.
    I havn't actually time it yet. It just happens when i look up its never there.
    When i buff it seperately it somewhat last longer just like the others.

Is it something wrong with sequence party buff?
    *(my seq. buffs are Aegis Spirit/ Exalted Renewal/ Greater Protection/ Arcane empowerment.)
    If there's cleric that knows a better way to put the sequence of the skill please let me know. : )

I prefer a 1 hr buff that doesn't last like 10 min or so. Thx!

same problem here >_< there's something wrong with the magic defence aoe buff
    thanks to forsaken for this awesome sig b:victory[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • starman17
    starman17 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    from what i hear, its possible that other buffs override it
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    its bugged and doesnt stack, so if you have it already active then cast it it will wear off when the first one was cast
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nuclearbomba
    nuclearbomba Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    its bugged and doesnt stack, so if you have it already active then cast it it will wear off when the first one was cast

I think that's one case.
    The other case is I did a full party buff without any buffs on. It does the same thing. > <

I guess the only option i have is cast that spell seperately.
    might as well cast all party buff seperately > < b:surrender
  • Zetor - Sanctuary
    Zetor - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Has happend to me alot, it sems that thats the onley 1h buff that don't replace the old one.

FIX ASAP !!!!
  • Shailen - Heavens Tear
    Shailen - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    i do the party buffs separtely and the aegis buff doesnt last the full one hour its always the first buff to wear off and cleric buffs dont stack, if a noob cleric buffs u and then u have a high lvl cleric buff u , u will still have the noob buff, you have to wait for it to wear off, yeah bummer. relog, happy hunting :}
  • Koroko - Sanctuary
    Koroko - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    actually i did point this out a while ago (including submit tickets)
    but then gms ignored and found it quite even more annoying lately
  • c0llette
    c0llette Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    i have been told that cleric buffs do stack am i wrong?
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    there are several skills and potions with bugs...

i'm a wizard and the only buff i have is frostblade. following the skill description and my stats it should add about 1.1k dmg to target's physical dmg as water dmg(physical dmg with water element???) but that seems to be very weird. for instance, yesterday i squadded a lvl 15 cleric and buffed her. she should kill all mobs for her lvl with 1-2 hits but she was still killing the mobs with 4+ hits. some other day i were in squad with a barb and he said the buff was working nicely. also i can buff people without squad but again i'm not sure it works.

also some skills are not well balanced for sage/demon. for instance, the very first wizard spell, pyrogram, is TOTALLY useless at lvl 11 both for demon and sage. it's simply no match for other spells in terms of dmg/channel and not even the chance of getting 30 chi makes it worth using. morning dew, for instance, gives 20 chi every time you cast it. so spending 1m spirit to have that is simply pointless at the moment. some major change would be nice...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • The_Wall - Heavens Tear
    The_Wall - Heavens Tear Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Pwease fix the Cleric buffs D=. They are so nice and buff me all the time.

Frostblaze only works on fellow squad members and adds 12-50% of the wizard's base magic attack in water damage. So that low level Cleric got some big help from a 70+ wizard b:thanks

RAWR! I'm a tiger
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sinheartless - Sanctuary
    Sinheartless - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    you should always use exalted renewal first because it increases your mana regen rate... this alows your mana to regen faster while your casting the other buffs (it may be a small amount of help, but it IS help)
    Nothing can protect you from me... Not MEN, Not WEAPONS, Not ARMOR
  • Alerean - Heavens Tear
    Alerean - Heavens Tear Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Aegis Spirit and its companion Magic Shell are indeed bugged. While you can overwrite all the other buffs, you cannot overwrite these ones. For example if you cast Spirit's Gift, which lasts 30 minutes, and then 20minutes later cast it again, it will reset and last another 30 minutes. This however is not the case with Magic Shell/Aegis Spirit. If you cast one of them, say Magic Shell which lasts 30 minutes and then 20minutes later cast it again, the buff will expire 10 minutes later, using the original timer. Because of this you must be careful to watch if it has expired and pester your friendly cleric to recast it if it has. Its hard to keep track of all those buffs! (Although that patch preview indicates it might be getting easier. Yay.)
  • Istilah - Sanctuary
    Istilah - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    i'm a wizard and the only buff i have is frostblade. following the skill description and my stats it should add about 1.1k dmg to target's physical dmg as water dmg(physical dmg with water element???) but that seems to be very weird. for instance, yesterday i squadded a lvl 15 cleric and buffed her. she should kill all mobs for her lvl with 1-2 hits but she was still killing the mobs with 4+ hits.

very few clerics use their normal attacks. Were you really having a level 15 cleric engage in melee combat? or were you having her use a bow? If not, she was not using her normal attack.

Anyways, different skills stack in different ways. Also, our "increase recovery" skills can be overwritten by apothecaries, which expire quickly. But I did not know about Aegis Spirit's refresh issue...
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    This has been happening to me to mostly when I use magic shell.I would say it is an important buff to.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Kott - Sanctuary
    Kott - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I've posted a thread before with the same issue...

So... welcome to the club? b:angry

FIX IT ALREADY DAMMIT!
  • Anjil - Heavens Tear
    Anjil - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Yeah, I've had this issue for a while now too. No good. I died many times expecting spells to do what they say. I died today, while grinding with BM cause my buffs wore off unexpectedly, while he still had his. Aegis is standard problem in FB runs tho.

anjil.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    the greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love, and be loved in return
  • Starrr - Harshlands
    Starrr - Harshlands Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited July 2009

i'm a wizard and the only buff i have is frostblade. following the skill description and my stats it should add about 1.1k dmg to target's physical dmg as water dmg(physical dmg with water element???) but that seems to be very weird. for instance, yesterday i squadded a lvl 15 cleric and buffed her. she should kill all mobs for her lvl with 1-2 hits but she was still killing the mobs with 4+ hits. some other day i were in squad with a barb and he said the buff was working nicely. also i can buff people without squad but again i'm not sure it works.

only effects melee
    Staring at the wall is much more rewarding than playing PW.
  • Anjil - Heavens Tear
    Anjil - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    why can't I delete this?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    the greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love, and be loved in return
  • lambow
    lambow Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    This bug still isn't fixed. Would be very nice to get rid of it.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    No need to necro a thread for something everyone knows. (Anything over a month old shouldn't be revived. I expect this to be locked as soon as a mod/admin sees it.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Xulin - Harshlands
    Xulin - Harshlands Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited February 2010

also some skills are not well balanced for sage/demon. for instance, the very first wizard spell, pyrogram, is TOTALLY useless at lvl 11 both for demon and sage. it's simply no match for other spells in terms of dmg/channel and not even the chance of getting 30 chi makes it worth using. morning dew, for instance, gives 20 chi every time you cast it. so spending 1m spirit to have that is simply pointless at the moment. some major change would be nice...

This how the game has been for 5+ years.

LVL11 Pyrogram is NOT useless.

1) Pyro is one of the fastest channeling skills
    2) Pyro + gush combo out DPS any combination of the stronger ones
    3) PVP: You would never use sandstorm or glacial snare unless you were totally free, or the skill would able to take out the remaining HP.
    4) LVL11 skills are stronger than lvl10, EX. lvl11 pyrogram = stronger than lvl10 divine pyrogram.
    5)Pyrogram, gush and stone rain drop fairly often in fb89, try farming the other skills in game :).

If your still arguing, try testing your skills more. Wizards are not just zhen in FC, GV or about water dragon, mountain seize, and blade tempest.
  • Daialura - Heavens Tear
    Daialura - Heavens Tear Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    This has been broken for so long, and seems like such an easy timer thing to fix in the code, it feels like the devs just don't care. If they don't, whatever, it's not breaking the game. It's just an added bit of frustration with a simple solution to an otherwise fun game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

And still too squishy...
  • wtvdie
    wtvdie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    look, they'll fix the bug when they get to it, its probably not high on priority list cause the skill still works.

there are other skills that just flat out dont do anything or have effects that aren't triggering, or skills that do completly something different than whats written. those will probably have priority when the devs have a chance.
  • Alexcion - Lost City
    Alexcion - Lost City Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    It may be a timer problem, but the timer problem isn't between the single buff and the group buff. Even if you buff with the group buff on someone who doesn't previously have the buff on, it only lasts 30 minutes when it is intended to last an hour. I understand it doesn't stack and so even if you go to rebuff on buffs that are about to end, the original timer is still in use and it will run out at the end of its 30mins. This has been an issue for over 8 months now, and yet noone seems to care to fix it. I'm glad people don't seem to realize it's an issue because "it still works", however if you had to constantly rebuff everyone throughout the course of a day, it is such a mana waste. It is an especially important buff since only sins can really evade magic dmg. I just adore when a previously perfectly buffed barb drops the magic def buff during a boss! Highlight of my day trying to heal, purify, and rebuff!

Fix it. b:shocked
  • Pinkiny - Raging Tide
    Pinkiny - Raging Tide Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    This Bug is there since... well ever.
    And people complain about since ever.

They never gonna fix it, live with it guys.
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    wtvdie wrote: »
    look, they'll fix the bug when they get to it, its probably not high on priority list cause the skill still works.

there are other skills that just flat out dont do anything or have effects that aren't triggering, or skills that do completly something different than whats written. those will probably have priority when the devs have a chance.

devs priority is adding goodies in cash shop to milk us out of our wallets.

This bug along with many similar bugs have been around since the start of the game. No excuse except lazyness and/or denial.
  • Rinari - Raging Tide
    Rinari - Raging Tide Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    devs priority is adding goodies in cash shop to milk us out of our wallets.

This bug along with many similar bugs have been around since the start of the game. No excuse except lazyness and/or denial.

agreed 100%
    Retired Character

New main is Alexenokin of Lost City
  • Kaneharo - Dreamweaver
    Kaneharo - Dreamweaver Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Gah, what's with the necroing of threads lately? does anyone check the dates on these things anymore?
    (☞゚ヮ゚)☞
    ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Pew Pew Pew!
    Quotes of Awesomeness:
    "that word, "solo". i don't think it means what you think it means." - LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rinari - Raging Tide
    Rinari - Raging Tide Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Gah, what's with the necroing of threads lately? does anyone check the dates on these things anymore?

short answer? no
    Retired Character

New main is Alexenokin of Lost City